Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:56 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,900,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
think enigma think. Lets start with the most obvious, the clintons. They too found out first hand that obama doesn't keep promises. And you are aware that fellow democrats are running away from obama especially since it's election time. Or is msnbc still having their legasm and not telling you about that.
Go Chris!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 11:40 PM

46,976 posts, read 26,026,789 times
It appears to follow that Sarah Palin is a sleeper agent for the Democrats, because she's been banging the impeachment drum since... - wait a second, that actually makes sense.

Old 08-03-2014, 11:46 PM

46,976 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Default You can't even sell that narrative to Fox News, of all places...

Rep. King reignites impeachment debate, White House unconvinced House has dropped the issue | Fox News

Boehner: All this impeachment talk is just the White House bamboozling the public, we don't want to impeach at all.

Rep Steve King, Iowa: Well, about that...

I understand why Boehner has a drink or two at times.

Oh, and from the article:

Quote:
Democrats have used the impeachment issue, raised by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee, and others to fundraise a reported $3.1 million over roughly the past two weeks and to give Democratic incumbents an issue to run on in November.
Guys, you can't even make Fox News say your BS with a straight face.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:16 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,069,928 times
This is not driven by my personal opinion, or even a 'dig'. Though the solid research perspective of which party is talking most about impeachment is irrefutable. After all, it is the sacrosanct Nate Silver. I understand why those of the blue persuasion would not want this report seeing the light of day. But to be honest the dem tactic is copycat. The Republican Party did the same, as pointed out in the article. You will have to do a little work and actually read this article, instead of just vomiting the party line. Silver has been deadly accurate much to the chagrin of conservatives. But, accurate he is.

Quote:
The scoreboard so far in July: Fox News has 95 mentions of impeachment, and MSNBC 448. That works out to about 2.7 mentions per hour of original programming on MSNBC, or once every 22 minutes.
Democrats Are Way More Obsessed With Impeachment Than Republicans | FiveThirtyEight

Your shooting the messenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Democrats Are Way More Obsessed With Impeachment Than Republicans

This... as a thread started by someone I assume is not a Democrat. Oh - the irony.

As for those last lines, you could insert either party. Seriously - if anything you look more the puppet than anyone else.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Words are from no other than Democratic Pollster Boy, Nate Silver. Not familiar with this site - just stumbled across it - but the data cited seems solid. Here is a snippet and a link to the entire article.

Democrats Are Way More Obsessed With Impeachment Than Republicans | FiveThirtyEight

Yet again, the cynicism and outright manipulation their base is evident by the Democrat Party. Proven. Why do the sheep continue their misguided following of the puppeteers in their beloved progressive party. They are using you.

Come in out of the cold.
Repeat thread and already disproven time and time again.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:51 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Some of us have also called for this administration to be totally dissolved. Send them all packing!

Oh, was that racist?
No, it's pretty on point. The OP is saying that Democrats are more obsessed with impeachment than Republicans and right wing partisans like yourself are far more into calling arguments racist. I'm yet to see anyone's opinion here called racist.

That said, I have torn apart arguments from people who want to blame everything on the sitting president because there's a D after his name. Are their arguments racist? No, just the result of people who build their opinions based on emotion and don't know what they're talking about.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,671,010 times
I'd rather see an assassination, than the wasted time trying to impeach.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:29 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
This is not driven by my personal opinion, or even a 'dig'. Though the solid research perspective of which party is talking most about impeachment is irrefutable. After all, it is the sacrosanct Nate Silver. I understand why those of the blue persuasion would not want this report seeing the light of day. But to be honest the dem tactic is copycat. The Republican Party did the same, as pointed out in the article. You will have to do a little work and actually read this article, instead of just vomiting the party line. Silver has been deadly accurate much to the chagrin of conservatives. But, accurate he is.
Quote:
The scoreboard so far in July: Fox News has 95 mentions of impeachment, and MSNBC 448. That works out to about 2.7 mentions per hour of original programming on MSNBC, or once every 22 minutes.

Your shooting the messenger
Nate Silver is a statistician - Dems love him when his stats favor them, same for Republicans - they both have problems with Silver when they Stats don't favor them. The numbers that Silver is posting are quite astounding - MSNBC cries "impeachment" every 22 minutes on average. Amazing. There is no doubt that the Obama Cheering Squad is pushing this "impeachment" hysteria - they take directions well from the White House. The more important thing is that it IS the White House and Team Obama that is pushing the "impeachment" fairy tale.

Begging for Impeachment - TIME

So, this is smart strategy on the part of the Obama political operation, right? Well, grudgingly, yes. But it’s also cynical as hell. The White House is playing with fire, raising the heat in a country that is already brain-fried by partisan frenzy. There is something unseemly, and unprecedented, about an administration saying “Bring it on” when it comes to impeachment.

Also terrible for the country, if all too common, is the DCCC’s impeachment begging—and the President’s constant fat-cat fundraising in a summer of trouble. What if he simply said, “I’m done with fundraising. This is an important election, but there’s just too much going on in the world right now”? His political folks would hate it, but I suspect it might be more effective, and presidential, than sending out tin-cup emails.

The article was written by an Obama supporter - he thinks this is mostly about the "tin cup" fundraising, and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Obama doesn't need "their gonna impeach me!!! emails to raise money, he does just fine with the fancy party fat cat circuit. What Obama does need, is to try and motivate voters (particularly Black voters) to go to the polls. What better way to do that than to try and induce the silly Republicans to attempt an Impeachment. They think they can do it with a blanket Amnesty of some sort - they are even arrogant enough to lay out the plan. This is more about an attempt to "motivate" their radial base and their black base.

WASHINGTON — President Obama will go ahead with a “very significant” executive action on immigration after the summer – a move that may well trigger impeachment proceedings against him, senior Obama adviser Dan Pfeiffer told reporters at a Monitor breakfast Friday. CSM July 25, 2014

I've seen 2 impeachment hearings and so has John Boehner - it's just not going to happen and I don't care how hard Team Obama tries to push it. The Lawsuit against specific Executive Over-reach will go forward and that's dangerous for Obama .... he will try to morph that Lawsuit into "impeachment", but that will be impossible.

It's been apparent for a good while now that Obama is Out of Control - trying to incite an Impeachment hearing for Political gain is just another symptom of how Out of Control he is.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:56 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'd rather see an assassination, than the wasted time trying to impeach.
Just a tad despicable......

Old 08-04-2014, 09:10 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,986 times
Having already clinched his reputation as the worst President in our history (even worse than Carter & FDR which I never thought possible.), there's no way to go but up, except he continues to bury everybody with reams of new and pointless regulations from the DOJ and the Employment Prevention Agency, not to mention the environmental zealots.

He also happens to be very thin skinned and immature, not to mention aloof and distant as the liberal press has finally noticed, to which one can add the ongoing and growing disaster known as ObamaCare, which was sold with a ton of lies by his party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies