Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are not solving this with Drones.
Depends. We were experimenting with nuclear powered drones. Just make a really dirty one and fly it in circles........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 07:33 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
This stuff will probably never happen in the U.S.A because if some fanatic comes into my town or down my street demanding I or we convert or face execution and tyranny they'll find out what the 2nd is all about and they'll have a "oh ****" moment.
ISIS is now very well funded, they will not be coming down "your street" with a gun or did you forget what happened in our recent history. They now have at least 500 Million, how much do you think it takes to fund a terrorist attack.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,399,012 times
Quote:
ISIS is now very well funded, they will not be coming down "your street" with a gun or did you forget what happened in our recent history. They now have at least 500 Million, how much do you think it takes to fund a terrorist attack.
Wasn't saying this in fear of ISIS itself, just relaying the thought that when you are armed and ready to defend yourself it makes it much more difficult for a tyrant.

However since the Chinese are becoming more globally involved and are far from being Islamic why are they seemingly off the radar from terrorist attacks from Islamic fanatics?

Old 08-08-2014, 07:43 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
If ISIS took over Jordan would you still have that point of view, these are terrorists that basically want to kill anyone that does not believe in their point of view. I don't see that we ever experienced anything on this level before, ISIS is a real eye opener and the longer we (and our allies) wait the more powerful the force.
It would be better if Middle East Muslim nations [Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, even Iran] managed to handle this war. If ISIS threatens control of Jordan, the nation that won't stand by is, bet on it, Israel.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
We took the wrong direction after 9/11. Instead of attacking the enemy - islam - we instead invaded a random country and dethroned a secular leader who was keeping peace in the region. We need to do to the radical islamic states what we did to Japan. We need to take over their entire cultural system and deprogram them out of fanaticism.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
I purchased a house, and several years later it needs a new roof & boiler. I'm not happy, but I'm an adult. I'll fix it. I was not happy when Bush & CONGRESS went to war over there, but it is what it is. If your guy does not stop ISIS they will set up a Caliphate & destabilize the entire region. It's not fair, it just is what it is. Whining about Bush is not going to fix this.....Obama is in danger of becoming the Neville Chamberlain of our time. And that's all on HIM now. The stupidity of the Left is staggering.
The only problem with your analogy is it is not our roof and boiler. The roof and boiler in question is at a house on the other side of town occupied by people who don't care about you or me. You want us to go over there and fix their roof and boiler. The last time we did that, we not only fixed their roof and boiler, we removed the head of the household, remodeled their kitchen, bought them new furniture, repainted the place, showed the older kids how to maintain the place, bought the little kids toys, showed the new dad how to raise the family, etc. and it went to sxxt anyway because the residents of the house are arguing amongst themselves and they still don't like us. Some the guys we sent over to do the work didn't come back or got hurt on the job. And, to top it off, we paid for all of it. I think we called it nation-building.

And, you say ISIS will destabilize the region? Hello!! It was already destabilized. It is one of the most unstable, unpredictable regions on the planet. We had no business interfering in the political business of Syria or Libya. And we have no business interfering in Iraq - again. It is a civil war. The Iraqi government needs to get the balls to actually do something for themselves instead of relying on us. We gave them what they need to do and they ran. They're not worth saving if they won't fight for their own country.

To think, all the people in this country (our house) who are enduring a variety of issues and we turn a blind eye to them. Maybe we should help them out? But practically the same people who argue for action in the ME would say, "Oh, no...we can't do that. Those people need to take responsibility for themselves!!" and "Not on my dime." But people on the other side of the planet? "We gotta do something...yes, let's help them!!"

[that is stupid]

Old 08-08-2014, 07:55 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,743,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The only problem with your analogy is it is not our roof and boiler. The roof and boiler in question is at a house on the other side of town occupied by people who don't care about you or me. You want us to go over there and fix their roof and boiler. The last time we did that, we not only fixed their roof and boiler, we removed the head of the household, remodeled their kitchen, bought them new furniture, repainted the place, showed the older kids how to maintain the place, bought the little kids toys, showed the new dad how to raise the family, etc. and it went to sxxt anyway because the residents of the house are arguing amongst themselves and they still don't like us. Some the guys we sent over to do the work didn't come back or got hurt on the job. And, to top it off, we paid for all of it. I think we called it nation-building.

And, you say ISIS will destabilize the region? Hello!! It was already destabilized. It is one of the most unstable, unpredictable regions on the planet. We had no business interfering in the political business of Syria or Libya. And we have no business interfering in Iraq - again. It is a civil war. The Iraqi government needs to get the balls to actually do something for themselves instead of relying on us. We gave them what they need to do and they ran. They're not worth saving if they won't fight for their own country.

To think, all the people in this country (our house) who are enduring a variety of issues and we turn a blind eye to them. Maybe we should help them out? But practically the same people who argue for action in the ME would say, "Oh, no...we can't do that. Those people need to take responsibility for themselves!!" and "Not on my dime." But people on the other side of the planet? "We gotta do something...yes, let's help them!!"

[that is stupid]
One way or another, no one else is going to step up. That's reality. It's not about them, it's about us. They said they would see us in NYC.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:55 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
China is far from isolated from Islamic terrorism. In fact, they have banned people with Islamic beards from buses and other events. China may be able to control it more effectively, bc if they catch someone toying around with these terrorist ideas, they will march them into the town square and hang them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Wasn't saying this in fear of ISIS itself, just relaying the thought that when you are armed and ready to defend yourself it makes it much more difficult for a tyrant.

However since the Chinese are becoming more globally involved and are far from being Islamic why are they seemingly off the radar from terrorist attacks from Islamic fanatics?

Old 08-08-2014, 08:00 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It would be better if Middle East Muslim nations [Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE, even Iran] managed to handle this war. If ISIS threatens control of Jordan, the nation that won't stand by is, bet on it, Israel.
There is a lot of resistance from within those countries to show any semblance of cooperation with the US, they have their own problems. Several months ago we were at odds with Syria to say the lease but now we have a common enemy. I don't see other Arab countries supporting the US for obvious reasons.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
One way or another, no one else is going to step up. That's reality. It's not about them, it's about us. They said they would see us in NYC.
Everybody who hates us says that. If not ISIS, then whoever else comes next. The world can be a dangerous place.

[we can't save it all]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies