Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:14 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

They control a large area of the middle east and are growing, Jordan was one of the more stable countries and no even they are at risk. Putting aside the murders and carnage which is difficult, I see this impacting Europe and the US at some point if this continues.

The US has had enough war for the last 10 years but I don't see this ending well, where does Europe stand on this, do they not see this as significant. Iran and North Korea will seem like an after thought compared to the creation of an extremist nation that controls that type of area.

Jordan fears homegrown ISIS more than invasion from Iraq - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 06:27 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
Bush, Bush, Bush.....that was 12 years ago. It's Obama's issue NOW. He should have acted months ago.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
So ISIS is the new boogieman we all need to fear ?

AQ, Taliban, ISIS

Old 08-08-2014, 06:51 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Bush and all the other politicians might not have gone on such a grand war on terror as its called if the American people hadn't allowed them to but at the time the people were caught up in patriotic fervor and wanted payback.

So the people said yes go kick azz and take names later, as they flew their flags from their houses and cars and showed their bumper stickers and wrote their patriotic songs and held concerts where Bono showed the American flag in his coat and the crowed chanted USA ! USA!

Old 08-08-2014, 06:52 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,449 times
Who fckn cares what president you choose to blame? This is an issue that needs to be dealt with. ISIS is on a social media campaign and their leader has promised to bring terror to every city in the US. Sent a picture of a guy holding some ISIS card on a street in nyc, and is threatening our citizens in our own country.

Stop the division and lets back whatever action(s) need to be taken.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truestar View Post
Yes. Let's forget who started it all and blame Obama. Iraq could have been a stable, successful and most importantly a secular country it once was if it wasn't for mr. Bush and his idiotic agenda.
I purchased a house, and several years later it needs a new roof & boiler. I'm not happy, but I'm an adult. I'll fix it. I was not happy when Bush & CONGRESS went to war over there, but it is what it is. If your guy does not stop ISIS they will set up a Caliphate & destabilize the entire region. It's not fair, it just is what it is. Whining about Bush is not going to fix this.....Obama is in danger of becoming the Neville Chamberlain of our time. And that's all on HIM now. The stupidity of the Left is staggering.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Who fckn cares what president you choose to blame? This is an issue that needs to be dealt with. ISIS is on a social media campaign and their leader has promised to bring terror to every city in the US. Sent a picture of a guy holding some ISIS card on a street in nyc, and is threatening our citizens in our own country.

Worth repeating.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:05 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
No, no, no. It was a well orchestrated propaganda campaign that threw popular support behind invading Iraq. All the lies, all the hysteria on TV. It was a well planned and brilliantly executed plan.
Why do you think the war in Iraq had so little support abroad? Iraq was painted to be a hellhole while equally oppressive Saudi Arabia where women can't even legally drive cars never got a fraction of the attention.
Maybe, but all the politicians regardless of party gave almost complete support and so did the American people because it was simple to believe we are the makers of right in the world who will save people of the world.

What I have learned since is to not trust any of the politicians and to demand thought and proof before action and demand even FURTHER PROOF AND THOUGHT, and to be more humble as a American knowing that not everybody wants to be like us. omeone posts a unconfirmed photo of a kid supposedly being executed by ISIS and some jump on the bandwagon that America must get in and do something NOW.

I say just pick a side the lesser of the evil and give em a bunch of guns to fight for themselves against ISIS and hope later those guns are not turned back against us.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:06 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post

Exactly. These guys seem especially gruesome. I say we kill them.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:07 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Say thank you to Mr. Bush, he destabilized the region by invading Iraq and started the process that resulted in the success of Isis. Nobody can stop it now.
So Bush had a crystal ball?

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

The guy in there now has to deal with it. He knew what he was getting into. Either he can handle it, or he can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies