Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:25 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,817,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Your sense of humor is inconsistent with your ethnicity. Lol
American.

Semper Fi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 06:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,279,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
American.

Semper Fi.
My comment about Obama was supposed to be funny sarcasm. Obviously it fell flat with you.

My joke about your ethnicity (you've made it clear that you're Jewish...a group known for great humor) fell flat too.

So I struck out twice. Sue me. Lol

Old 08-18-2014, 07:08 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,817,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My comment about Obama was supposed to be funny sarcasm. Obviously it fell flat with you.

My joke about your ethnicity (you've made it clear that you're Jewish...a group known for great humor) fell flat too.

So I struck out twice. Sue me. Lol
American first no matter what. Religion is secondary. I have no sense of humor and sarcasm on CD is hard to tell with all the people I deal with on CD (I don't take anything for granted). So do I call you Sue now?

Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 PM

22,681 posts, read 24,677,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We have Zero control over Israel, point to anything the US has asked Israel to do that they actually complied with.
I am with those here that say cut them off along with every other country, we are not their golden goose and cannot afford to take care of the world. We need to take care of our own before even considering taking care of anyone else.

We have enough $$$$ for ALL.

Fedgov can put money into any electronic account in the blink of an eye.

We buy influence around the globe with the US dollar.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,279,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
American first no matter what. Religion is secondary. I have no sense of humor and sarcasm on CD is hard to tell with all the people I deal with on CD (I don't take anything for granted). So do I call you Sue now?
American isn't an ethnicity.

And I'm sorry that you lack a funny bone. Lol

Old 08-18-2014, 10:44 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,473,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Moshe Feiglin MK, the Likudnik speaker of the Knesset, admits that US aid to Israel harms Israel:
No, he didn't "admit" that. He voiced his opinion that it does. You don't "admit" an opinion, and your own post would carry more weight if you didn't use prejudicial phrasing such as that.
Quote:
"Israel, since 1967 has had a special connection to the U.S.. We've had 40 years of good relations, but at the same time, it's is built on the wrong concept: a concept of a big brother or even a father. This must come to an end. While we have common values and common interests, the relationship should be based on mutual respect...Jews don't want to feel alone. We have no economic need for it. In actuality, the so-called aid is harming us by not letting us determine independently our security concerns. For example, Israel is planning to buy the U.S.-made F-35 fighter plane. Israel does not need this plane; it is forced upon us by the Americans. The plane works only with American-made missiles therefore harming our capability to conduct aviation warfare effectively."
This is an interesting take on things. Liberals would do well to apply this reasoning to the trillions upon trillions of dollars that they pump into the welfare state decade after decade.
Quote:
Can Moshe Feiglin Reconcile Libertarianism With Militant Israeli Nationalism? - Reason.com

Yet another reason why the US should cut off aid to Israel. It does not make Israel any safer and encourages dependence.
"Yet another" would imply there are many other reasons, but you produce nothing. Similar to your phrasing above, this sort of phrasing hurts the point you're trying to make. When you only produce one reason for something, you shouldn't say it is "yet another" reason.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 AM

18 posts, read 32,849 times
Here, Moshe Feiglin, Yochanan Gordon, and Ayelet Shaked, a female member of the Knesset, all advocate total annihilation of the Palestinians:

The Genesis of Genocide: Paranoia, Ingroup Thinking, and Ethnic Supremacism, Tobias Langdon, 8/15/14 (The Occidental Observer)

The Genesis of Genocide: Paranoia, Ingroup Thinking, and Ethnic Supremacism | The Occidental Observer - White Identity, Interests, and Culture

Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,975,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
We have enough $$$$ for ALL.

Fedgov can put money into any electronic account in the blink of an eye.

We buy influence around the globe with the US dollar.
Except that it never seems to influence anyone, hence huge waste of money that we do not have, cut em off. Pssst printing more and more money only reduces the worth of that money.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,653,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, he didn't "admit" that. He voiced his opinion that it does. You don't "admit" an opinion, and your own post would carry more weight if you didn't use prejudicial phrasing such as that.

This is an interesting take on things. Liberals would do well to apply this reasoning to the trillions upon trillions of dollars that they pump into the welfare state decade after decade.

"Yet another" would imply there are many other reasons, but you produce nothing. Similar to your phrasing above, this sort of phrasing hurts the point you're trying to make. When you only produce one reason for something, you shouldn't say it is "yet another" reason.
US aid to Israel is unconstitutional, destructive to the US, and has not bought peace. Those reasons are self-apparent.

Old 03-28-2019, 01:18 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,943,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMorn View Post
Here, Moshe Feiglin, Yochanan Gordon, and Ayelet Shaked, a female member of the Knesset, all advocate total annihilation of the Palestinians:

The Genesis of Genocide: Paranoia, Ingroup Thinking, and Ethnic Supremacism, Tobias Langdon, 8/15/14 (The Occidental Observer)

The Genesis of Genocide: Paranoia, Ingroup Thinking, and Ethnic Supremacism | The Occidental Observer - White Identity, Interests, and Culture
The Occidental Observer is recognized as a far-right, white nationalist, anti-semitic site. Along with your post in another forum (which might be deleted) I know what you are preaching, and the message is sick.

https://www.adl.org/news/article/the...isms-new-voice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies