Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2014, 09:02 AM

364 posts, read 371,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And if someone wakes up the next day after consuming those drugs and alcohol, on purpose, even after they consented and says, "Oh, I was to drunk, he had sex with me after I passed out" then thats rape under these types of rules, and no one really knows what happened.
All this is is a thinly veiled attempt to give women more power over men and reduce their level of responsibility for their actions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 09:38 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
I wish this law existed when I had sex with that fat chick on that road trip. I was so drunk, she definitely raped me, no way I would have done that sober.
Your misogyny is so transparent.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:42 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
All this is is a thinly veiled attempt to give women more power over men and reduce their level of responsibility for their actions
I'm not sure about that. You may be taking it a bit to far.

I have a daughter, and she is three, and she is beautiful, and I love her so very much. If, when she gets to college, she told me that she went to a party and had to many to drink, then woke up naked in a bed with some guy she had never meet, I would believe her, and I would hurt him.

That does not mean that there aren't women who would use this as a means of getting out of their sexual responsibility, but there are those girls who were mistreated and a guy found them passed out and had sex with them.

The point is, no one knows the answer definitively, and thats why there shouldn't be a law. I didn't say there wasn't a problem. I have seen guys get a girl drunk at a bar, where I felt uncomfortable letting her go home with him.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I saw this article today and thought it might bring on some interesting discussion. It concerns lawmakers efforts in Calif. to establish when sex is consensual on college campuses. Its an effort to reduce the number of sexual assaults. I'm glad I'm not a guy in college these days. Talk about a mine field. Every time you got intimate with a young lady you'd have to be concerned that she might later charge you with sexual assault. Maybe the only solution is to make the people involved sign a contract each time stating that it is consensual sex. They'd probably need to take a quick breathalizer test, since a drunk woman, according to the article is not able to be responsible. They should probably get a notary too, lol.

California debates 'yes means yes' sex assault law - New York News
Personally I do believe rape is a matter for the law, not colleges, no matter if they are getting funding or not, colleges are not law enforcement agencies and have no business acting as if they are. Period

Old 08-12-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Your misogyny is so transparent.
Yes because treating all women as delicate flowers that aren't responsible for their own choices isn't misogyny.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure about that. You may be taking it a bit to far.

I have a daughter, and she is three, and she is beautiful, and I love her so very much. If, when she gets to college, she told me that she went to a party and had to many to drink, then woke up naked in a bed with some guy she had never meet, I would believe her, and I would hurt him.

That does not mean that there aren't women who would use this as a means of getting out of their sexual responsibility, but there are those girls who were mistreated and a guy found them passed out and had sex with them.

The point is, no one knows the answer definitively, and thats why there shouldn't be a law. I didn't say there wasn't a problem. I have seen guys get a girl drunk at a bar, where I felt uncomfortable letting her go home with him.
This is the problem with society. Your hypothetical daughter decided to get hammered and then decided to spread her legs for a stranger, yet the man is now responsible for her dumb choices.

Maybe the right choice is talking to your angel about the dangers of drinking and promiscuous sex instead of assaulting a stranger your daughter probably threw herself at and regrets her choice.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
This is the problem with society. Your hypothetical daughter decided to get hammered and then decided to spread her legs for a stranger, yet the man is now responsible for her dumb choices.

Maybe the right choice is talking to your angel about the dangers of drinking and promiscuous sex instead of assaulting a stranger your daughter probably threw herself at and regrets her choice.
I didn't say she decided to spread her legs. I said she got drunk, passed out, and he woke up next to her, both then naked.

That is rape, when she is so drunk she can not consent. There is a difference between walking drunk, and fell down, passed out drunk

Old 08-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I didn't say she decided to spread her legs. I said she got drunk, passed out, and he woke up next to her, both then naked.

That is rape, when she is so drunk she can not consent. There is a difference between walking drunk, and fell down, passed out drunk
Ok if he slept with her while she was asleep that's rape, I agree. But where's the line? A bac? Passed out? Or just if she claims she was too drunk?

Old 08-12-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Ok if he slept with her while she was asleep that's rape, I agree. But where's the line? A bac? Passed out? Or just if she claims she was too drunk?
And thats why I also said, this couldn't be law because no one knows beyond a shadow of a doubt, what happened behind closed doors.

But if her girlfriends laid her down, and a guy entered later, now we have witnesses to the victims state prior to the rape.

All I am saying is that there is a problem, but this law opens the door to more problems, not less.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:31 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Opening the door for regret rape cases.

It boggles my mind how men have to responsible for a woman's decision. If you drink and have sex, you should be responsible for your own decisions, just like if you get behind the wheel.

The regret rape cases door has never been closed and it is unfortunate that some women think it is fine to ruin a man's reputation because she regrets her decision to have sex with him.

I don't mean those women who were drunk or drugged either I mean the women who were not under the influence of anything, chose to have sex then regretted that decision immediately or ended up pregnant and accusing the man of rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies