Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 03:53 PM

47,017 posts, read 26,075,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Exactly!
I find it intriguing that the homosexual community wants nothing to do with iron-clad copper bottomed "civil union contracts" that would grant them the same rights and privileges as "married" heterosexual couples. Oh, no, they want the MARRIAGE! Nothing else will do!
The narrative that same-sex couples were somehow offered - what was it? - "iron-clad copper bottomed "civil union contracts"" is a complete fabrication. Many states made it perfectly clear, by amending their respective constitutions, that marriages and civil unions or any other contract granting rights and privileges on par with marriage were verboten.

You'll have to find another excuse to cover the retreat, because that one is demonstrably untrue.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:02 PM

815 posts, read 738,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
They can't face the fact that the sin they love so much is immoral and forbidden by God.
So are all of these, sure hope you are in the clear on them. Of course you must be, you would not be in here casting stones at the sins of others unless you were sinless yourself:

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

If a priest's daughter is a *****, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.
(Leviticus 25:44)

Old 08-29-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Loving v Virginia involved a man and a woman.
Loving v Virginia redefined marriage. Deal. Or don't, your side is fading into irrelevance as it is.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
On the other hand, we might both be wrong and Zeus might not be too pleased right now.
Odin the All-Father may want a word...

Old 08-29-2014, 05:27 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,995,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The narrative that same-sex couples were somehow offered - what was it? - "iron-clad copper bottomed "civil union contracts"" is a complete fabrication. Many states made it perfectly clear, by amending their respective constitutions, that marriages and civil unions or any other contract granting rights and privileges on par with marriage were verboten.

You'll have to find another excuse to cover the retreat, because that one is demonstrably untrue.
So, it was decided that it would be easier to CHANGE the marriage laws than it would be to MAKE a law allowing Civil Unions?
I wonder who made that decision?
I know many people who were very much in favor of allowing Civil Union Contracts to have the same privileges as a marriage, but very much against same sex marriages!
I have heard of many states having legislation that defined MARRIAGE as between a man and a woman, but I have never heard of one having a law which forbade a Civil Union Contract. In fact, many states allow "common law" marriages; just live together for a set period of time as man and wife, and you are considered married. There are other requirements, depending on state law.
Nor have I ever heard of a homosexual couple or a homosexual rights organization suing for the legalization of a Civil Union Contract.
If such a thing has happened, how about a link? In how many states have homosexuals tried to get Civil Contract Legislation passed?

Old 08-29-2014, 06:24 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,236,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
So, it was decided that it would be easier to CHANGE the marriage laws than it would be to MAKE a law allowing Civil Unions?
I wonder who made that decision?
I know many people who were very much in favor of allowing Civil Union Contracts to have the same privileges as a marriage, but very much against same sex marriages!
I have heard of many states having legislation that defined MARRIAGE as between a man and a woman, but I have never heard of one having a law which forbade a Civil Union Contract. In fact, many states allow "common law" marriages; just live together for a set period of time as man and wife, and you are considered married. There are other requirements, depending on state law.
Nor have I ever heard of a homosexual couple or a homosexual rights organization suing for the legalization of a Civil Union Contract.
If such a thing has happened, how about a link? In how many states have homosexuals tried to get Civil Contract Legislation passed?
currently 29 states ban civil unions for same sex couples. One state allows limited domestic partnership protections for same sex couples. Two provide broad protections for same sex couples in domestic partnerships.
17 states recognize common law marriage, with varying stipulations. Some stipulations are the date contracted, or the gender of the couple.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,344,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Odin the All-Father may want a word...
Nuh uh. My multi-limbed Elephant God has the final say.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:43 PM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times
I don't think the majority of us straight people give a rat's butt what the gay people do, but you would think it was some uber important issue uppermost in the majority of people's minds.

I don't know a single person who sits around pondering either the pros, or cons of this issue. The gay community presumes to think they, and their "issues", are a lot more significant than they are to the rest of us.

If you're a consenting adult, I have no right to tell you what to do in your bedroom, and cannot possibly tell you how little I care. Now get out of my face.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:01 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,402,813 times
Quote:
Nothing could be further from the truth. God wants no one to perish and neither do I. I will pray for you.
I will sacrifice a goat for you. After all, according to the Bible, your god finds the aroma of burning flesh pleasing.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:08 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,402,813 times
Quote:
" Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man."
Biology not your strong point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies