Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,683,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
How do you know that other than your opinion?
How do I know that ?
I read what his mother told the press.
I read what the protesters were yelling at the Governor.
I see the twitter feeds.
I read what elected officials in Washington are saying..cold blooded murder and assassination.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,812,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
No but plenty of us support him.
We should neither support the officer nor stand against him. We should be standing for the truth or as best can be determined, surrounding the circumstances that occured.

What the media, community and forces aligned with our Dear Leader are doing is deeping the racial rifts using this incident as a wedge. Thus forcing people like you and others to take your position in support.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:20 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,267,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Don't care if he is 500 pounds. The officer had the weapon. He should have used it smartly and
defensively. Of which, I do not think he did either.

As reports state, Brown was in the middle of the road. The officer had plenty of time to react
in a responsible manner IMO.
Spoken like someone who has never had to defend themselves.
Guy like brown charging me and I am going to center mass his large azz until he stops and is down.
My only issue in this case is the facts are still unclear. Was Brown shot in the head while in a kneeling position? If so that is an execution and the cop needs to be held accountable. If I'm not allowed to do that I don't want cops getting away with it either.
We don't know yet. What a civilian perceives is often clouded by personal bias. The witnesses may be telling the truth as they saw it. What they saw and what actually happened may be 2 different things.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,683,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
We should neither support the officer nor stand against him. We should be standing for the truth or as best can be determined, surrounding the circumstances that occured.

What the media, community and forces aligned with our Dear Leader are doing is deeping the racial rifts using this incident as a wedge. Thus forcing people like you and others to take your position in support.
From Day 1 this incident was biased. There was nothing objective about it.

You have people calling for justice but the justice they want is the cop arrested on murder charges.
That's not justice, that's revenge.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:22 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,676,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Any other eyewitnesses who weren't a party to two felonies just minutes earlier?
Yes, two others, one of whom told the police what she saw at the scene, immediately after the incident happened. Her version coroborates that of Darien Johnson.

And hopefully the FBI has by now located more witnesses.

13,255 posts, read 12,159,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There was a protester in Ferguson MO waving the Palestinian Flag.
Did he arrive at the wrong country to protest perhaps ?

The US has now made the list of countries that amnesty international is tracking.

It's worse then civil unrest.
The protesters want the cop arrested for murder and nothing less.
The looters just want hair extensions and boxes of booze.

The independents showed reality on their feeds.
People out of control and cops out of control.
The Palestinians have made friends with many of the protesters including myself. We're all human beings and don't have to be disconnected by National lines.

Maybe 'some' want that.

The whole world is watching what's going on. We're being judged just as we judged those other countries.

7,413 posts, read 6,248,921 times
So the police officer said he was wrestled out of the car, Brown grabbed for his gun, had it pointed at the cop at one point, there a struggle and it went off the first time. It should be pretty easy to take fingerprints off the police car and the gun. Surprised that hasn't surfaced.

3,515 posts, read 3,702,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
So then, all Officer Wilson will have to prove is that Brown was charging him?
Curious what evidence will prove that.

Distance from where he was shot will be one, if there's any gunpowder residue on Brown's clothes, the marks and bruises on the police officer from the struggle, trajectory of the bullets that hit Brown in the head.....etc .

Quote:
Can't simply think that because the guy was built like a tank. Even if he did something in the
police car, once free and fleeing, there is no more charging, Yes?

Well, that's the thing, we don't know what happened. If Brown fled, and then came back and charged the police officer as his friend had indicated on the radio, then the officer is fully justified in shooting until Brown stopped.

The original story was that Brown ran and the officer started shooting and chasing after him, shooting him in the back, which we simply know isn't true now.

If the officer felt in danger and fired because Brown was charging him, then the officer acted appropriately. If the officer was angry at Brown having struck him and lost control of his emotions and shot him at a great distance while Brown was giving himself up, then the officer should be charged and would be going to jail in that case.

I do know that as a rule, if I was a police officer, I would not be looking to tussle with someone as big as Brown. I don't want to get into a brawl with someone who has that sort of length and reach.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,812,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The difference is in your home you do NOT have fellow cops there assisting you. If Brown charges, his partner/other cops on scene stop Brown.
There were no other cops on the scene, that we know of currently.

Once Wilson commited to using his gun, there is no shooting to wound.

It's ALWAYS shooting to stop.

In training that means shooting until the suspect goes down and or you empty your magazine then reload waiting to see if the suspect still wants to advance on you.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:23 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,702,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
So the police officer said he was wrestled out of the car, Brown grabbed for his gun, had it pointed at the cop at one point, there a struggle and it went off the first time. It should be pretty easy to take fingerprints off the police car and the gun. Surprised that hasn't surfaced.

DNA yes(as the police guy mentioned earlier in this thread), fingerprints, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies