Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 03:01 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times

Advertisements

They key issue here is a big one: White racism against black people. This is the most pervasive, most shameful, most long-standing problem in this country. This cancer has existed in this country for centuries. It is even more shameful when the perpetrator is a white cop. Conservatives have no say in this matter, since their perspective is wholly racist. A group of hooded klansmen could hang a black teenager just because, in broad daylight, during rush hour, with plenty of witnesses, and Conservatives will find some justification for doing so. Conservatives are completely worthless with their ridiculous narrative in this instance...as usual.

It appears as if there is sufficient evidence, probable cause, to arrest that officer, and it should be done. If it is determined that he exceeded his authority, here in a gross manner, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I think he should be charged with murder, 1st degree. Predetermination and deliberation were involved.

I think the rage expressed by those black resident, is wholly justified. A great injustice was done, and a black teenager was killed unnecessarily by someone who was sworn to protect citizens. This is a societal problem.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
They key issue here is a big one: White racism against black people. This is the most pervasive, most shameful, most long-standing problem in this country. This cancer has existed in this country for centuries. It is even more shameful when the perpetrator is a white cop. Conservatives have no say in this matter, since their perspective is wholly racist. A group of hooded klansmen could hang a black teenager just because, in broad daylight, during rush hour, with plenty of witnesses, and Conservatives will find some justification for doing so. Conservatives are completely worthless with their ridiculous narrative in this instance...as usual.

It appears as if there is sufficient evidence, probable cause, to arrest that officer, and it should be done. If it is determined that he exceeded his authority, here in a gross manner, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I think he should be charged with murder, 1st degree. Predetermination and deliberation were involved.

I think the rage expressed by those black resident, is wholly justified. A great injustice was done, and a black teenager was killed unnecessarily by someone who was sworn to protect citizens. This is a societal problem.
Tell us what it is. Just because you say so doesn't mean it's true.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Grand Jury is convening on Weds same day Holder is going to be in town.

Infer what you will.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:04 PM

518 posts, read 764,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm not a cop and I don't know how threatened cops feels when they are the one with a gun and the
other guy doesn't have one.

But,
I would not go out of my way to shoot a dude simply because I stopped him in the middle of the street.
I'd either taz him or get back in my vehicle and ask for back-up if he was 300 lbs and 6' 4" and was getting out of hand.

If not for anything else, than knowing I could not physically handle an agitated individual of this size
and demeanor, by myself.

But, if I had the mindset I would shoot him instead, the physical differences would be irrelevant.
Hindsight is 20/20.

When you are out patrolling the streets you have no idea what weapon the other parties have.

There is also the story of a struggle where Brown actually may have been physically trying to take away the officer's weapon...that is pretty substantial reason to feel imminent serious injury and death.

Also if a 300lbs, 6ft+ man is bum rushing you and displayed the same disregard for human life as he demonstrated just minutes earlier during his convenience store robbery, there may be justifiable ground for deploying lethal force.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes, you're right.

I think the kid thought he was being confronted over the convenience store theft and didn't know the cop had no idea about it.

One of the bullet wounds was on the back edge of his forearm so he likely had his hands in the air in submission.

I haven't heard that the kid had a police record. If the kid had never had a run in with the cops he likely didn't know the drill.

If it teaches them anything it's not to run from the cops when being questioned.

Anyhow.

It's a pathetic case.
Officer Wilson heard the robbery radio call just after his initial contact with the young men. He told them to get out of the street & pulled over up ahead to see if they obeyed. He then heard the call, saw the cigars & description matched Michael Brown. Wilson reversed back to the suspects & was attacked by Brown.

Brown intimidated / assaulted the store clerk. Brown assaulted Officer Wilson & tried to take his gun. Brown was a danger to Officer Wilson & the public committing 3 violent felonies in that short time. Missouri Law allows police to kill any felony suspect who assaults officer or resist arrest.

Officer Wilson acted within the law & will likely never be charged.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Has this been mentioned yet?

Quote:
YouTube video purportedly captures witness backing police version in Ferguson shooting | Fox News

"I mean, the police was in the truck [sic] and he was, like, over the truck," the man says. "So then he ran, police got out and ran after him. The next thing I know, he comes back towards them. The police had his guns drawn on him."

Old 08-18-2014, 03:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Well it looks like Obama has learned his lesson. This is what he said at a press conference today.
My opinion is that Obama was told facts that we don't know about. He didn't go all TM with "If I had a son...."

AG Eric Holder Going to Ferguson, Obama Staying Away
Obama also suggested African American youth should be held accountable for their actions.

"There are young black men that commit crime," he said. "If they commit a crime then they need to be prosecuted."

3,515 posts, read 3,690,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

Yeah, and its been mostly ignored because it doesn't comply with the racist killer cop storyline that some are so fond of here.

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Many, many, many times.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:08 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,177,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

Get high and go on a crime spree and you deserve what is coming to you. Some people cannot live in civilized society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies