Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 02:28 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,559 times

Advertisements

Full disclosure here. I am a male liberal homo. So is my boyfriend.

We recently attended my life long friends' wedding. A group of us met in college and we've been life long friends since.

The guy is a project manager for a software engineering firm. The girl is an insurance sales agent for State Farm. They both make decent income. And I happen to know that they are both very intelligent and nice people. Here's the thing, they have absolutely no desire to have any kid. None whatsoever.

That got me thinking. My brother is the head engineer of a decent size engineering firm in one of the largest cities in the country. His wife owns a business. And they have a boy and a girl, just enough to replace them.

I work for an engineering firm. The other day, I was out inspecting and met up with the owner of one of our contractors. While we talked, our families came up. I asked him what his wife does. She's a school principal. I asked him how many kids he's got, and he said none. So, this business owner that employs hundreds of people while his wife is a school principal also have no desire to have any children.

In fact, the more economically prosperous a country is, the more likely it has a lower birthrate.

I have many more examples of very intelligent and successful people either wanting 1 or 2 children or not any at all.

And then I look at the other side of the spectrum where people who are on government assistance from generation to generation have many children that they can't support, most don't even know who the fathers are.

NPR had a program on this a few weeks ago. They interviewed social workers who all said they see the same people over and over from generation to generation.

Will the ignorant baby daddies and breeders inherit the Earth? After seeing what I've been seeing, I'm scared for our future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 02:30 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,258,614 times
It's called Idiocracy, and yes.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:53 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
a gift from god?? since when does god have sperm??.. double head smack

Old 08-16-2014, 03:00 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,634 posts, read 16,118,635 times
devolution?

Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,417 times
USA has 20 years tops.......then......pfffffft.....in comes China.....

Old 08-16-2014, 03:05 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Will the ignorant baby daddies and breeders inherit the Earth? After seeing what I've been seeing, I'm scared for our future.
While I agree with the rest of your post and why I chose not to quote it (your post) in it's entirety, I picked out the one part that causes me pause: breeders.
(A common slur used by homosexuals to deride those who can bear children.)

All I can say on the subject is .. without breeders, there eventually will be no one around to worry about who will inherit what!

Old 08-16-2014, 03:08 PM

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
devolution?
Considering modern man has been around for something like ten thousand years give or take...this liberal time in history is a pretty small blip in man's history. This too shall pass.

This ponzie scheme cannot go on forever.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
While I agree with the rest of your post and why I chose not to quote it (your post) in it's entirety, I picked out the one part that causes me pause: breeders.

All I can say on the subject is .. without breeders, there eventually will be no one around to worry about who will inherit what!
Please try to use it in context with what I'm saying. In this instance, it's not used as a slur for straight people. In this instance, I'm using it to convey about people who breed just for the sake of breeding with absolutely no plan or means of support for the resulting babies.

And why do straight people get offended by that word? Babies are god's gift to you guys. And babies are something we could never have. So, stop getting all hung up on a word. Focus on the overall message in my OP.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:18 PM

I partly blame this on the intelligent and goal oriented people for the lack of desire for children. Remember the old saying about letting evil triumph? Well, all it takes for idiocracy to happen is for the intelligent people to bear less children.

My friend and his wife that just got married. They are blessed with not just intelligence. They are very good looking people.

Old 08-16-2014, 03:20 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

I use the term "breeders" for people who continue to have children they can not afford. My tax dollars are paying for those the kids they choose to breed. If you want a quiver of kids, be sure you can financially, and emotionally take care of them.

Breeders is not a term only used by homosexuals. Some homosexuals pick up the slack, via adoption, when breeders no longer care for their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies