Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 05:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times

Advertisements

OK so you r a cop u see a rich white old guy fail to take a proper stop on a right hand turn and you see a gangbanger doing the same who is most likely to give you less trouble who is most likely to pay the ticket????
A common urban myth
cops like trouble
Not so
cops like donuts

Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Are they? Not as much as non-Whites are, particularly Blacks.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:24 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
It depends how much money you have.....this white guy would probably say yes if he were still alive. (warning this is hard to watch, the video is at the end of the talk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdDuQtKhJv4
The police are getting as scary as the criminals. As of late I'm in fear of both. I hope to never meet either late at night unprotected by bystanders. When you are so use to catching bad guys, everyone starts looking like a bad guy regardless.

Old 08-20-2014, 06:24 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Yes! But not profiled because of race. But profiled almost every town we go to. Try being oilfield "trash" as we so often get called. When our construction company rolls into a strange town I can almost guarantee being stopped because we have out of state license plates. We've been followed in stores. Officers will drive through the campground, because and I quote.."You people do nothing but cause trouble and fights. Bunch of drunks." On and on. Add to this the fact that we're usually price-gouged by the locals.... Right now folks are also being double taxed in West Virginia because... "you ain't from around here are you." The local governments are going through the campgrounds, taking your license plate #'s down and sending "tax bills" for personal property tax on property licensed in other states. If you don't pay it... their placing liens on your property.

Granted... I'm sure its not as bad as some of our citizens have to endure... but... it is profiling none the less...

Old 08-20-2014, 06:51 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I want to ask because some are under the impression that only minorities are subject to police profiling. What about whites? Have any of you been stopped by the police on false pretenses?
I was stopped once for a DUI checkpoint late one night. I was wearing a Steelers hat. The officer and I talked about how the season was going for about 3 minutes. He finally said "You're free to go. I can tell you aren't under the influence of anything."

Old 08-20-2014, 08:41 PM

35,087 posts, read 31,331,023 times
If I'm a bucktooth white guy in an old Chevy truck smoking a Marlboro while waving the Rebel flag, you better bet the cops will be looking at me.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:34 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
If I'm a bucktooth white guy in an old Chevy truck smoking a Marlboro while waving the Rebel flag, you better bet the cops will be looking at me.
... eh, that depends on where you are.

Sometimes those same "bucktooth white guys in old Chevy trucks smoking Marlboros while waving the Rebel flag" are also sheriffs in some towns.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Scientific evidence? I've never done a damn thing illegal.
well maybe you haven't...or maybe you have

on post and in some local cities, and now some states its illegal to have your license plate covered , even with a clear plastic film....ie some of those defuse the reading on the plate against the redlight cameras, others make it so you can reaily see the plate...

I pulled a guy over on post (am a retired military police) because he has a cover on his plate (against the post law)....his first reaction..."your pulling me over because I'm black"......

meanwhile he violated the law

Old 08-21-2014, 11:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well maybe you haven't...or maybe you have

on post and in some local cities, and now some states its illegal to have your license plate covered , even with a clear plastic film....ie some of those defuse the reading on the plate against the redlight cameras, others make it so you can reaily see the plate...

I pulled a guy over on post (am a retired military police) because he has a cover on his plate (against the post law)....his first reaction..."your pulling me over because I'm black"......

meanwhile he violated the law
Your point? Maybe you haven't - or maybe you have - ex-cop or not.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:25 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Your point? Maybe you haven't - or maybe you have - ex-cop or not.
my point...you at YOUR status..'arrest Darren Wilson".....

a cop who was doing his JOB

the thug 6'4 300lb overweight ADULT jus committed a crime of robbery
evaded the cops, another crime
when a cop stopped him to ask him a question, he assaulted the cops, another crime
then fled the cops ,another crime
then turned to attack the cops again, another crime
for which the cop defended himself

the punk overweight tubby broke the law, and assaulted and endangered a law enforcement officer

meanwhile posters call him a unarmed kid.....a lie. he is a big adult
meanwhile his grieving family lie and call him a gentlegiant

yet you post a status of arrest the cop...

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-21-2014 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies