Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 11:35 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,430,247 times

Advertisements

He just can't help himself, instead of standing with dignity (and a tie would have been nice) and talking to the country about the death of the beheaded journalist James Foley he spent the minutes before using it to campaign and raise money for the Democrats.

Sad excuse for a potus

Obama Fundraises Before Speech on ISIS Beheading | The Weekly Standard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Apparently for 50 cents you are automatically enrolled to meet him at a Labor Day BBQ.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Life looks very peaceful from Martha's Vineyard.

No Chit, excuse my French, I would say a lot more peaceful? And blissful. Take a good long hard look around. Yeah the world is more peaceful then ever! Right.

I feel so very bad for Foleys family, I just cannot imagine the pain they must be suffering, knowing how their peaceful loving son's life has ended.

And bad for the other journalist, they are also threatening to behead him also.

What do you do with animalistic behavior. the beast inside these people will never change.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Obama campaigning on the back of beheaded journalist

With Obamas on going history, why would expect anything else? It is in his DNA.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:50 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
He just can't help himself, instead of standing with dignity (and a tie would have been nice) and talking to the country about the death of the beheaded journalist James Foley he spent the minutes before using it to campaign and raise money for the Democrats.

Sad excuse for a potus

Obama Fundraises Before Speech on ISIS Beheading | The Weekly Standard
An E-mail was sent bearing his name that was no doubt written and planned to be sent(probably automatically) long before the news of the journalist's death.

Sad excuse for a whine

Old 08-20-2014, 11:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No Chit, excuse my French, I would say a lot more peaceful? And blissful. Take a good long hard look around. Yeah the world is more peaceful then ever! Right.

I feel so very bad for Foleys family, I just cannot imagine the pain they must be suffering, knowing how their peaceful loving son's life has ended.

What do you do with animalistic behavior. the beast inside these people will never change.
You're so right. These are the same "people" who ravaged Europe, slaughtering and conquering and taking over the Christian lands, until the Christians wised up, and realized the Muslims were going to wipe them out totally. The result was the Crusades, which drove the conquering Muslims back, all the way to where they came from. Unfortunately, Turkey was not saved.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:58 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're so right. These are the same "people" who ravaged Europe, slaughtering and conquering and taking over the Christian lands, until the Christians wised up, and realized the Muslims were going to wipe them out totally. The result was the Crusades, which drove the conquering Muslims back, all the way to where they came from. Unfortunately, Turkey was not saved.
Actually the Crusades didn't really succeed in driving anyone back(nor was that really the goal), the Ottomans marched into Southeast Europe years after the last Crusades were over and the Crusader states in the Levant and Palestine were all long gone. The Crusades didn't really help the Byzantines either, since some Crusaders ended up sacking Constantinople and even set up the Latin Empire for a while in it's place--from which the Byzantines never fully recovered.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:59 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Problem is, after we get done destroying their leadership they will simply throw their masks away and welcome our troops as if they are innocent. And then be the guys planting IEDs at night. We have to fight total war and destroy everything until we know they are all dead or incarcerated.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

I know I am. And this is sad. That there are people anywhere that can have this type of attitude in the name of a religion.

People cannot be taught when they don't want to be. They think and believe that their way is right, and their beliefs, and to hell with anyone else. But will make you suffer. Think I trust these azz-holes, not on your life. They are not done with us.

Nothing peaceful about these animals. They each ought to be lined up, and pay for the innocent lifes they have taken.

The thing is they do not value human life, therefore there is no reasoning with them. They are not afraid.

I HEARD the newest rant by one of their members today chanting death to all Americans. People who only understand brutal ways, need to go down in a brutal manner.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
One must conclude that either every thing that has happened in Iraq for the last. 6 years is all bushes fault as many on this board claim. Or you must believe that the Obama policies have had an effect on what is happening in iraq. If it is bushes fault as many on the left claim then you must admit that anything Obama has donee nothing to change foreign policy from bush so he must be in support of bush .
Or you believe that in 6 years. The Obama policy has had an effect in Iraq in which case those that blames bush deny the truth

Since Obama and Biden both declared the stability Iraq achieved was one of their great achievements I lean to think that their policies have had an effect

The US has been actively enaged in the Middle East fo close to 100 years. The Petro Agreement was executed 70 years ago just as Arab nationalism was taking off. Imposing US exceptionalism has deep roots and has, over the decades, caused tremendous resentments, mostly deserved.

This overarching US thing has nothing to do with whomever has occupied the White House at any given moment in time. Religion is nothing more than a recruitment tool for those who intend to stick it back to the US. The objective is, I think, more along the lines of once and for all, destroying this notion of US exceptionalism by bleeding us dry from a financial perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies