Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:43 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
When were the last riots and lootings in Utah over anything? It's all simple demographics.
Again, substantiate your claim or admit it's only an opinion!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 07:13 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Again, substantiate your claim or admit it's only an opinion!!!
I did. It's quite obvious that Utah hasn't had an incidence of rioting and looting such as occured at Ferguson.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Prove it. Whites are far less likely to die in the USA than Blacks are. And on the occasion that Black on Black murder occurs, which happens far more than Black on White murder, the chances of the death penalty are not very high. More Black men are murdered than any other demographic in this nation. However, 3/4 of all persons in America who get the death penalty murdered White people. Sounds like Black people's lives are the ones considered worthless when it comes to the consequences.

Correlation =/= Causation.

What sort of crimes become death penalty offenses? Usually, mass murdering, crimes involving rape AND murder, murder of children, and, murder of innocents.

Under what CIRCUMSTANCES did the white people die vs. the CIRCUMSTANCES that the black person died? Who were the victims... more than their race. Were they gangbangers and drug buyers? Or were they innocents? Were they men or women?

Does the source that provided YOU with the fact that "3/4 of all persons who get the death penalty have murdered white people?" bother to dig and try to find out? Or was that too HARD?

Until you can all you have is a causation/correlation fallacy where you assume an endpoint: Bias in the system --- and then find a simplistic reason for same to fit your own point of view and conclusion.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Interesting thread. Especially interesting considering I didn't see one mention of Dillon being a "thug" even though he had a felony on his criminal record according to one of the links posted in this thread . Regardless of that though, there is no reason for police to shoot unarmed people IMO.

Also wanted to highlight the craziness that has become anonymous internet of America....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Dillon probably deserved to be offed. I won't lose any sleep over him and I sure as hell will NOT "riot".
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am curious if Taylor acted like an idiot to this officer. The odds are he did something.

Mike Brown remember refused the officer's request to walk on the side walk, and attacked and taunted the cop when he tried to get out of the car.
Bunch of sheep we are turning into in America. Remember our "founding fathers" rebelled against the authority of England and we glorify that in our history books but now-a-days we are supposed to bow down to rogue officers who think they are on some foreign or domestic battlefield.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I did. It's quite obvious that Utah hasn't had an incidence of rioting and looting such as occured at Ferguson.
No you really didn't. Maybe there's rarely any riots or looting because there isn't a pattern of police brutality, disenfranchisement, undervaluing, and oppression against the populace... Now that is a fact and not an opinion...

Old 08-25-2014, 08:03 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Why don't you start it?
Well... if you do not have the resources of... ABC NBC CBS PBS CNN MSNBC and/or
numerous other PC/left wing newspapers it would be rather difficult... don't you think?

Old 08-25-2014, 08:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
No you really didn't. Maybe there's rarely any riots or looting because there isn't a pattern of police brutality, disenfranchisement, undervaluing, and oppression against the populace... Now that is a fact and not an opinion...
Interesting how my facts are opinion and your opinion is fact...

Old 08-25-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Interesting how my facts are opinion and your opinion is fact...
My opinion isn't the fact. The fact is the absence of a pattern. A pattern that would agitate a large percentage of the population. If I'm wrong and you believe their is a pattern please identify it!!!

Old 08-25-2014, 09:36 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Not at all. You should really read up about some of the programs they started.

Do you have any links of the KKK working with black people? Improving the community? Protecting ALL races?

But don't want to derail the thread.

It's non-issue because people aren't protesting. Wanna do something about it go out and protest. Stop whining about those who actually are doing something.
As I recall, the original Black Panthers worked by intimidation backed up by action, including participating in riots and race baiting. Same for the new version. Maybe YOU should look it up.

As for the rest of your post, can you say doubtful? Of course to you, Ferguson has no protests and no version of the Panthers are there, right?

Old 08-25-2014, 10:40 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,437,385 times
The Utah cop will have a camera. . which is damn good idea.

But I would note one thing: Cops killing people isn't a race thing. I mean look at the young Man Sean . . ?! after his bachelor party. A black officer started the shooting. the Issue is badly trained cops. . who overuse force without consequence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies