Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 12:21 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Amazing how you jump to that conclusion without asking first.
Seems a reasonable conclusion given that your post stated this:

"And don't assume anyone is making the decision for the baby except for the doctor. After my son was circumcised they brought me the papers to sign agreeing to circumcision! It hadn't even been discussed with the doctor at that point."

Let's dissect it shall we.
Conclusion from first sentence: doctor made the decision.

Conclusion from second sentence: AFTER the circumcision you were given papers to sign agreeing to the circumcision that had already taken place.

Conclusion from third sentence: It hadn't been discussed with the doctor prior to a) the circumcision being performed and b) prior to you receiving papers to sign approving an operation that had already taken place.

Did I miss anything?

Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
And if you'd read my posts you'd understand the health benefits of circumcision.
My oldest son is almost 40 years old. He has suffered no ill effects related to not being circumcised.
I am well aware of the propaganda related to the so-called health effects of circumcision and have been since before that son was born.

I got no argument from the doctors when my husband and I opted to not have either of our sons circumcised.
Oh, and our doctors actually asked our permission first.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If you read my posts you would know that I don't care one way or the other.

I gave birth to three daughters.

I neither have nor need an excuse for those above-mentioned people.

And now this sorry excuse for a thread should wither and die.
And it is just this sort of thinking that adds fuel to the fire for many men as it relates to feminism.

As a mother of both daughters and sons, I find that in many instances the focus has become too exclusively female.
It is a shame that people so fiercely advocate for the protection of one while so nonchalantly shrugging off the mutilation of the other.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:36 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

And now this sorry excuse for a thread should wither and die.
In other words, I have no excuse for my position and wish people would quit pointing that out.

If you want it to wither and die...it would happen quicker if you quit contributing.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:36 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Seems a reasonable conclusion given that your post stated this:

"And don't assume anyone is making the decision for the baby except for the doctor. After my son was circumcised they brought me the papers to sign agreeing to circumcision! It hadn't even been discussed with the doctor at that point."

Let's dissect it shall we.
Conclusion from first sentence: doctor made the decision.

Conclusion from second sentence: AFTER the circumcision you were given papers to sign agreeing to the circumcision that had already taken place.

Conclusion from third sentence: It hadn't been discussed with the doctor prior to a) the circumcision being performed and b) prior to you receiving papers to sign approving an operation that had already taken place.

Did I miss anything?
Yes, you did, although it may have been too subtle. That was the exclamation mark. According to Wiki
"The exclamation mark or exclamation point is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings/"

Given that clue you are to understand that I had strong feelings about the issue although I don't say what they were in the post. Since I didn't say and your assumption was incorrect it was rude of you to automatically assume the worst. Tsk.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:50 PM

519 posts, read 777,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
LOL!!!!

Wow, you really are more sensative.......
You meant to type sensitive. Lack of basic education to go along with your shallow taste in women, tiger?

Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
See post 69.

Ultimately the "benefits" are the same as for male circumcision. They follow cultural or religious norms.

To be clear, I'm not arguing for female circumcision at the decision of the parents, I'm against doing it for males. As is very clear from the thread, and something the misandrists on here try to distort.
As I also said I was against it, which you would know if you bothered to read my postings.

From Post #69:

These are benefits?

The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, so they develop an unpleasant odour which may lead to infections of the vagina or urethra.

NOT IF ONE BATHES ON A REGULAR BASIS!

Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse.

OH, 'VERY ANNOYING TO THE HUSBAND'
Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME

Another benefit of circumcision is that it prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain.

TO THE HUSBAND, NATURALLY

Circumcision prevents spasms of the clitoris which are a kind of inflammation.

?????????????????????
YEAH, WOMEN REALLY COMPLAIN WHEN THEY HAVE AN ORGASM

Circumcision reduces excessive sexual desire.

WHAT IS HIS DEFINITION OF EXCESSIVE?

And why should you believe what a Moooooooooslim says?

Old 08-22-2014, 04:15 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Funny.

Here's the thing: the majority of people that circumcise their sons do so for no religious reasons whatsoever.
I can sort of understand those who do adhere to centuries-old tradition, but, for the rest, what's your excuse?
Ya want the truth?

As a single mother , and an atheist, I decided to have my son circumcised because I do not like the "turtle neck" look.

My son has never once complained about missing his foreskin.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:19 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
See post 69.

Ultimately the "benefits" are the same as for male circumcision. They follow cultural or religious norms.

To be clear, I'm not arguing for female circumcision at the decision of the parents, I'm against doing it for males. As is very clear from the thread, and something the misandrists on here try to distort.
Please cite your sources that say that female circumcision reduces the risk of penile and cervical cancers, and the spread of STD's. Female circumcision leads to infertility, newborns dying, women having to be cut open to give birth because scar tissue doesn't stretch...

According to the WHO there are NO benefits to female circumcision.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:22 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Parents should have the choice to have their female children circumcised, because...they are the ones making decisions for the child? Ah...no.
There are no medical benefits to female circumcision and plenty of health reasons not to do it. For male circumcision there are medical benefits. If there weren't the medical community would abandon the practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies