Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:39 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

Pro tip: Graduate high school without getting knocked up or locked up and accept the fact that hiring managers are not fluent in your ghetto gibberish.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Working class blacks have always had higher rates of union membership. When we go on a 30 year union busting spree, who do you think gets the shaft? The private sector allows a truly "free market." Freedom to starve, manipulate, exploit, or discriminate (think: nepotism).
Just curious.
Higher rate than whom?
Which unions?

Teamsters?
Building Trades?
Automotive?
Other?
Public sector?

Old 08-22-2014, 11:43 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Add, how about not wearing your pants below your a$$, and not dropping out of school as well. How about waiting until you're older and more financially secure before you bring a child into the world? Rather than bringing them into a life of poverty, then making the excuse, we're like this because of discrimination. Plenty of other blacks are doing it, living the good life, so it can be done.
I agree with you, and I am one black man who has done that and enjoy a relative good life, and I AM FROM COMPTON, CA. Pat pat on my back. ALSO, as a 47 year old black man,who lives in a middle class town, that's predominately white in southern California where my wife and I incomes are over six figures, I am bothered by the fact that all of this race baiting to show how superior white people are to blacks every time someone uses stats to compare whites to blacks. By doing that, it just keeps the races at war with each other and some blacks who are in that statistic just become angrier at white people. I hate when I see those statistics used because what those stats keep showing is look at those poor black people, they still need the government, they still need hand outs, they keep making poor choices, like no white persons make the same similar poor choices etc., and for some reason those same blacks just won't take advantage of all of the opportunities that whites have obviously done.

What gets me too, when whites who are jealous of blacks who are doing BETTER financially than them, those same whites would use class, reverse racism, or blame affirmative action for the reasons that those blacks are doing better than them. I had a white guy tell me that the reason I am in my home in my area was because of affirmative action. Now the last time I checked, my bank didn't lower their credit score and down payment standards for little old black me because they wanted me to own a home. I had to qualify the same way all people do, regardless of color. So go figure that.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:20 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh stop it already. Learn to speak proper English, learn how to dress and stop tattooing your face and neck and maybe you will be taken more seriously.
Who exactly are you referring too...are you implying that only black people speak improper English, dress bad and have face and neck tattoos?

Last edited by dorado0359; 08-23-2014 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: ...

Old 08-23-2014, 04:29 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
I'm not rich. I guess that I could blame other people for that...

Old 08-23-2014, 04:31 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
i have never seen anything more one sided and bias, it all went back to, I'm black give me more money. it said nothing about education, crime, unwed mothers, drugs. it was all i want more free money. take from rich and give to stupid

Old 08-23-2014, 05:30 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
sounds like blacks need to step it up.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:08 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
2. While every person needs to take on their own responsibility, we as a society need to be honest, realize where inequity exists, and slowly chip away at it.
I assume you are not talking about opportunity inequality. So why do we need to chip away at it?

Old 08-23-2014, 06:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Just curious.
Higher rate than whom?
Which unions?

Teamsters?
Building Trades?
Automotive?
Other?
Public sector?
Yes, the trade unions were notoriously racist.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:27 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Default Black-White Inequality...Here Are The Facts

In my opinion, the number one reason that our Black community is sufferring from more than any other is the out of wedlock birth rate. Being a single mother and trying to raise children, pay the bills, and be a substitute for the Father is really tough. It's hard to buy a home with only one working. Children, especially boys need a positive male influence. And they will find a male influence to follow. If that influence is not positive, they will take up those negatives. White out of wedlock births are at an all-time high as well, and those males are suffering as well, not not as proportionally as their Black brothers.

One of the main reasons I have participated in youth sports for the last five decades is that, in my small way, I try to be a father for boys (and girls) who need that extra male influence. As a coach, I have seen many changes, and the destruction of the 'traditional' family is the greatest problem with children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies