Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 12:28 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,815 times

Advertisements

Paul makes a interesting point that Hillary will be on the side of neo con warmongers while he will have mostly a non interventionist foreign policy. Paul could be right that his message could win over Independents and some {D}s that are tired of war and being bogged down in the ME.

Rand Paul: Dems afraid I'll run in 2016 - POLITICO.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opNe...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 01:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Paul makes a interesting point that Hillary will be on the side of neo con warmongers while he will have mostly a non interventionist foreign policy. Paul could be right that his message could win over Independents and some {D}s that are tired of war and being bogged down in the ME.

Rand Paul: Dems afraid I'll run in 2016 - POLITICO.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opNe...ature=youtu.be
This will be his biggest problem and might be the reason he may have trouble getting the nomination: His isolationist attitude is hard for many other than his strongest supporters to accept. I am not a hawk, by any means but I am have trouble with isolationism. I know his supporters say he isn't an isolationist, I disagree.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,176,908 times
This is about the only point he has the moral upper ground on over Clinton ...... well that and the NSA thing. But I won't vote on one or two issues.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
He's right, of course.
Neither of them is getting my vote though.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,886,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This will be his biggest problem and might be the reason he may have trouble getting the nomination: His isolationist attitude is hard for many other than his strongest supporters to accept. I am not a hawk, by any means but I am have trouble with isolationism. I know his supporters say he isn't an isolationist, I disagree.
We agree again, Nita. I also agree somewhat with Paul on this as well. He is too much an isolationist for me, but Hillary is more hawkish than I'm comfortable with, and that would be the one thing that would trouble me if she gets the nomination.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This is about the only point he has the moral upper ground on over Clinton ...... well that and the NSA thing. But I won't vote on one or two issues.
Paul of all the people running has pretty much staked out his positions on numerous issues. A couple other issues would be a flat tax 17- 19% ? blacks getting longer sentences then whites in drug related offences, against the militarization of local police.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
We agree again, Nita. I also agree somewhat with Paul on this as well. He is too much an isolationist for me, but Hillary is more hawkish than I'm comfortable with, and that would be the one thing that would trouble me if she gets the nomination.
It is a tough spot for those on the left when the choice is someone who is more closer with Dick Cheney on foreign policy or Paul. Still there would be plenty of people that would hold their nose and vote for Hillary but Paul has a good chance on increased support from blacks and other {D}s.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:00 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,907,520 times
Quote:
Well you can disagree, but you're totally wrong.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:23 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
He's not an isolationist, he never has been. Trade with all nations entangling alliances with none. With Paul as President you wont see us fighting Al Qaeda in one place and being an ally with them in another.
What you will see is us keeping out sons and daughters alive and healthy instead of sacrificing them for something that has nothing to do with protecting our borders like the Constitution says. Which makes us a lot safer.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:04 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,969,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
It is a tough spot for those on the left when the choice is someone who is more closer with Dick Cheney on foreign policy or Paul. Still there would be plenty of people that would hold their nose and vote for Hillary but Paul has a good chance on increased support from blacks and other {D}s.
It isn't a "tough spot for those on the left." You give them way too much credit. Once the DNC gets done with the smear campaign they will run against Paul should he get the nomination, our friends on the left will be busy regurgitating all the personal smears and mud the DNC throws at Paul. He will be a woman hater, a bigot, a hater of children the and the elderly, and "those on the left" will cheerfully vote for whatever goon has a (D) after their name. Whether it's Clinton doesn't really matter to them. They vote because they hate and fear Republicans. Notihing Rand Paul or any other Republican does or does not do will EVER change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies