Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:43 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,625,923 times

Advertisements

She probably loved it. She wants to appear stronger than Mr. Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 04:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,344,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
This is about the only point he has the moral upper ground on over Clinton ...... well that and the NSA thing. But I won't vote on one or two issues.
Can hear him now--War Hawk, Benghazi, War Hawk, Benghazi......yawn.

The next two years will be torture (and I don't mean the Bush/Cheney kind).

Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,720,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The OP proved it.

Rand Paul yesterday: "You know what? We are tired of war. We’re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Easter war’

Rand Paul today : "I would seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

If that's not a flip-flopping hypocrite, then I don't know who is.
He's showing an amazing turn of speed...I can't think of anyone who flip-flops faster except Willard Romney, who could 'change his mind' in 20 minutes.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,594,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The OP proved it.

Rand Paul yesterday: "You know what? We are tired of war. We’re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Easter war’

Rand Paul today : "I would seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

If that's not a flip-flopping hypocrite, then I don't know who is.
Destroying a group of freaks who want to take over the world and make everyone living under sharia law while beheading Americans to get their message across is different than Drone striking weddings.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:16 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,867,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Destroying a group of freaks who want to take over the world and make everyone living under sharia law while beheading Americans to get their message across is different than Drone striking weddings.
I think most people agree we are doing the right thing hitting ISIS, but that has nothing to do with Paul's flip flopping.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:30 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,594,670 times
Paul has always said that the U.S. should be more judicious in the use of military force.

He was very vocal about Hilary being a War Hawk when we killed innocent people with drones, and ISIS came around.

I don't see that as flip flopping, you guys are just being too critical of him.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:26 PM

201 posts, read 148,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Paul makes a interesting point that Hillary will be on the side of neo con warmongers while he will have mostly a non interventionist foreign policy. Paul could be right that his message could win over Independents and some {D}s that are tired of war and being bogged down in the ME.

Rand Paul: Dems afraid I'll run in 2016 - POLITICO.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opNe...ature=youtu.be

Hmmmm. I would have thought "buzzard" more appropriate.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
She probably loved it. She wants to appear stronger than Mr. Obama.
A mouse appears stronger than Obama.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:46 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,957,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I believe Chelsie has married into a banking familiy, so Hilary is officially part of the Wall Street tribe.
Ted Cruz is married to a Goldman Sachs Managing Director. Does this make him an official part of the Wall Street tribe?

He, like all the others, has no problem with soliciting and accepting money from the Wall Street tribe.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Ted Cruz is married to a Goldman Sachs Managing Director. Does this make him an official part of the Wall Street tribe?

He, like all the others, has no problem with soliciting and accepting money from the Wall Street tribe.
Obama has no problems with accepting anyone's money either, so what's your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies