Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:07 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,909,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifhsou View Post
You've never heard of Bill Gates? While I agree he's a loser he did create Microsoft which is something at least.
I see you failed at basic English reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 08:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then gates shoulda kept his mouth shut instead of going around saying...look at me...I'm donating money for this cause....that even by the lefties standards say he may not know nothing about....
Isn't that the new mantra? Even Obama doesn't know anything until he turns on the news. Why would Gates be any different? Besides, these people won't push through anything that would restrict themselves in any way... so what does that tell us about their motives?

-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Alan Gottlieb is in the gun rights business for the money.
You claim Gottlieb is in it for the money; so is every politician no matter which party! I'd rather have cronies protecting my rights than cronies trying to take them away. Private ownership of guns prevent crimes, and man can't reverse global warming with money! These are two facts which cannot be denied.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:32 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
[/u]

That " tried and true" did not work out as planned for Romney.
Where do you come up with the notion that Romney's plan was to outspend the opposition?

The 2012 Money Race: Compare the Candidates - NYTimes.com

Obama/Romney spending was virtually identical. Here were talking about a $6 million to $1 million disparity (thus far). And Gates is willing to write a $1 million check, but apparently afraid to enter the arena and defend this proposal that he seeks to impose on everyone. Meanwhile he can easily write another $1 million check for a security team to protect him and his family

Old 08-29-2014, 09:47 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Alan Gottlieb is in the gun rights business for the money. He probably loves I-594 because most of gun rights folks from out of state are going to be sending him money. He will skim off plenty of money for himself while millions are sent to his organization. Heck Gottlieb could even be behind I-594 he is going to be making money...lots of money. He is probably an expert at hiding his assets after having spent 10 months in prison for tax evasion.

Alan Gottlieb - SourceWatch
2/10
His money has been well-earned, and unlike Gates, he is willing to match his financial arrangements by going into the public square to debate his political views. What's your evidence that 'Gottlieb could even be behind I-594?' Let me guess: voices in your head?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:04 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

You claim Gottlieb is in it for the money; so is every politician no matter which party! I'd rather have cronies protecting my rights than cronies trying to take them away. Private ownership of guns prevent crimes, and man can't reverse global warming with money! These are two facts which cannot be denied.

Ownership of firearms also protects private property including your family. This is why the federal government has yet to storm troop the suburbs door to door as they do while sweeping neighborhoods in the ME.

Imagine, if you will...Your favorite nephew's best friend could break down your door one night and one of the goons with him would immediately shoot your dog if he barked out in alarm.

It is more of a possibility if you can't keep and bear arms to protect yourself.
Especially if the local police/National Guard are the storm troopers.

If Gates, protected by armed bodyguards, can't be asked to explain his stance, a big one when writing checks such as that, how and when are we to know how these guys write bills which become laws? Are our elected officials to be bought so brazenly?

I love how white, progressive and liberal billionaires want to control those who have a different though pattern than they. Gates doesn't want you to have guns so he pays people to persuade lawmakers to create bills which suit his business model. He is buying control and he wants to control you.
When someones exerts total control - dominance - over another the end result is pain to those controlled. The purpose of power is pain.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Gun-rights advocate challenges Bill Gates to debate I-594 | Politics Northwest | Seattle Times

Longtime gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb of Bellevue, Washington challenged Bill Gates to put his mouth where his money is and debate initiative 594, a gun control measure to which Gates recently donated $1 million.

The Gates Foundation responded with a statement:

In other words, no debate, we prefer to win the argument by our tried and true method of outspending the opposition.
This should come as no surprise whatsoever. People who know the facts don't support gun control, that's proven over and over again wherever the debate rages on. My guess would be that Gates heard something about a "background Check bill" and decided he'd throw some money at it, without so much as reading the language of the bill at all.
Quote:
we prefer to win the argument by our tried and true method of outspending the opposition
I do take issue with this assertion, however. There have been many instances where the pro-gun side was outspent, sometimes even 10:1, and they still won. Take the Colorado recalls for example, or more recently, the Milwaukee County Sheriffs race, where the anti-gun side spent more than both candidates combined, and the pro-gun candidate still won. The method of outspending your opposition isn't quite as true as it is tried.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,900,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I've never heard of that guy but he is probably some wing nut no name loser who is just trying to up his profile by issuing challenges to much more famous and well known people. That is how the bottom feeders try to get their name out there so they can sell more inane books to idiots.
As usual, you're long on insults, short on facts.....

If Gates, or anyone else for that matter, is going to donate $1,000,000 to pass a bill effecting hundreds of thousands of people, shouldn't it be expected he be well versed enough on it to debate some "wing nut, no name, loser"?

He didn't take him up on it because he has no facts, much like yourself.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 08-29-2014 at 11:17 PM..

Old 08-30-2014, 10:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you don't know him...and you slam him....

If what you say is true, then gates should have been able to demolish him....

Oh, and what happened to the left is the caring side....you blew that to hell and back...
Maybe a billionaire has better things to do than to debate some nobody, he isn't a politician and doesn't need to seek your approval for what he does.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
As usual, you're long on insults, short on facts.....

If Gates, or anyone else for that matter, is going to donate $1,000,000 to pass a bill effecting hundreds of thousands of people, shouldn't it be expected he be well versed enough on it to debate some "wing nut, no name, loser"?

He didn't take him up on it because he has no facts, much like yourself.
Since Citizens United, we live in a society where money speaks louder than words and corporations are people. Gates isn't a politician, he doesn't actually need to debate anyone when it comes to where he puts his money.

Do you have to prove yourself to others with where you put your money? I doubt it.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:40 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,914 times
Heres a link so everyone who is concerned can send their money to Alan Gottlieb. Please donate early and often..Alan needs your money.

Donations - Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies