Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:20 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me there are some interests who benefit from war and don't want to pass up an opportunity to demonstrate our ongoing willingness to spend money we don't have " protecting US interests in the Middle East.

Seems to me there are people in the US who have attached their self esteem to US military actions.

Having no strategy at this time is strategy.
Looks like I just gave you a rep on a reply in another thread. Shame it's too soon for another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 10:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
How about that? No plan to confront the new military/miitants "ISIS" sweeping across Iraq and Syria.
Good!

Quote:
I must say, that his Generals set him up for this. He looked perplexed and out in the boat alone. "No strategy as yet". We know exactly how Putin saw Prez lit up like a fascist sending Aides to Michael Brown's funeral but not to The US General kia. I don't know whether to thank him for his honesty or rail against him for his ignorance of how these weasels around the globe will see him. We already know how Putin thinks. He invaded Ukraine.

Man up fast Mr. Prez. And please....do it quickly.
The right...

So eager for slapdash wars we never can win.

A hard lesson to learn, apparently.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:25 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
That's not what President Clinton and the leading Democrats told us over and over for years leading up to Bush's terms. They kept telling us what an enormous threat Iraq and Saddam were. I guess you must be too young to remember that.
There is a substantial difference between assessing a threat from a country possibly followed by diplomatic responses or economic sanctions and *invading* them. Particularly when there was no overt action taken against the United States by that country.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:26 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Cuz it's just so easy. Sure wish Bush II would have deliberated some, Hussein was a teddy bear running a semi-stable country compared to now with ISIS being from the depths of hell.

Alas, their was no deliberation from Bush II, he knew he could establish the contracts that would make his buddies richer.

Electing back to back idiots hasn't helped anyone. I'm wondering if this county can produce a mediocre president after the two recent nitwits, including the goon sitting in the Oval Office now.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debliah View Post
The duplication of threads here is irritating - without going back to actually count, I've noticed at least three.

Out of curiosity every once in a while I'll dabble in right-wing talk shows. Yesterday while driving I heard the *complete* news conference then was half amused- half irritated by the immediate spin from the Mark Levin stand-in thinking it out of context to deliberately not reflect the entire picture of what Obama is trying to do, much less the reality of Middle East politics.

Looked around online for a few minutes online: this (longer) clip seems to provide the most context - to a much better extent than the edited ones attached to most articles:

‘We don’t have a strategy,’ Obama says after ISIS death march video surfaces - NY Daily News

(Sorry - couldn't figure out how to pick up just the clip; it's necessary to scroll down to it.)
Never forget that Half the Truth is still a Lie, and intended to be. It is an old tactic and those that perpetrate them simply count on people being too lazy to do their own work and unfortunately it works because as one can see it is often displayed by what some people post belief in that what they are saying is the truth. Kinda sad when one really thinks about what that says as a People.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:42 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
How about that? No plan to confront the new military/miitants "ISIS" sweeping across Iraq and Syria.

Man up fast Mr. Prez. And please....do it quickly.
No. If you are so concerned you can donate your money or volunteer to go over there help. Keep your hands out of my pockets and hard earned tax dollars, I don't support trying to fix the Middle East problems.

Old 08-29-2014, 12:31 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You mean lying?
The point was to retain the forces in Saudi Arabia that George H Bush had placed there. Everyone wanted a US military presence in the area, and the justification for it was to promote the continued danger of the Saddam regime. It was military contained at relatively low operational cost through the Clinton years, but there were two problems:

1. Al Qaeda was making it more difficult to keep US forces in Saudi Arabia. That was the reason the US was on al Qaeda's radar in the first place.
2. Saddam's main threat potential was to Israel. Saddam was funding all the independent suicidal bombing in Israel (providing lifetime payments to the families of suicide bombers and such).

Old 08-29-2014, 12:33 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The "no plan" was a diversion.

The real question was never asked.

That question would have been "What does the spread of militant Islam, in the myriad chapters globally, the most mentioned in the news being ISIS (or ISIL, or IS), mean to us in the US, the interests of human rights globally, and their clear intent to attack us on our soil in terms of border security, and military and intelligence capability globally?"

His only response to that would have been "I have no idea".
The correct response should be: "The US will reduce the influence of Saudi and Kuwaiti financial support by abrogating all oil contracts with those countries immediate. The US will also close all Sunni masjids in the US."

Nothing else is going to work, except to put more money into the pockets of military contractors with a "forever war."

Old 08-29-2014, 02:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Yep, the turd infesting the WH is okay with mass murder and genocide.

The military always has a plan.

The frightened idiot in the WH is too timid to use it. He is afraid his narcissism can't take that big of a hit.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:51 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Sadly only an idiot would make this statement public, much less hold a press conference

Worse then that it's the President in training, Barack Hussein Obama...Surprise, Surprise, Surprise !

This just proves again that money and deceptive politics will never make you smart

I hope he has a plan to hide when the real issue come along
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies