Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:52 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I was in the mosh pit. The first night I was in a fight and the second night this girl threw a beer bottle at me because she thought I was cheating on her. She didn't even have any proof, just drunk and suspicious.
Sounds like me, 50 years ago. Sounds like her too. Behind a drunk's smile is a suspicious person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 10:56 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
The lifetime caps of $750,000 to $2,000,000 along with the pre existing conditions cause premiums to rise about 25% or more. However a whole lot of people with Pecs bought in at much lower rates. I am paying more about $120 a month but a friend is paying $400 per month less. Neither of us have subsidies. The people who continue to whine and complain about the ACA still dont have a clue because they dont pay monthly premiums...the like to whine and complain and then admit they are on Medicare.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:07 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Sounds like me, 50 years ago. Sounds like her too. Behind a drunk's smile is a suspicious person.
Still. A freaking beer bottle and no proof!!! It would be one thing if she caught me, but no, she just had to go assuming stuff.

The hot ones are always crazy.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:19 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Mosh pit. Wonder how much the stitches cost then and now?

Back to where we live. Aside from blocking insurance companies from canceling policies and limiting lifetime limits the ACA is one of the worst pieces of legislation in US history. Intended to solve costs and access it increased the former out of reach for most people when they actually use health care services and reduced the latter. Unfortunately it is the law and most likely will remain so. It is vastly complicated and routinely difficult to comprehend for both health care providers and consumers. How unfortunate that all of us, whether we debate pro or con here are eventually under the Medicare age are going to run head on into what could have been a landmark chance to get it right.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:20 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Still. A freaking beer bottle and no proof!!! It would be one thing if she caught me, but no, she just had to go assuming stuff.

The hot ones are always crazy.
Just like gall bladders.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Those of us with high risks and pre-existing disease did better. At least in AZ and CA. Me, my wife and oldest daughter. I'm no fan, but it's not all bad.
The only people who say Ocare is ALL bad are the hard-core anti-government types who claim to oppose gov't. mandates in principle.

Ocare has winners and losers; you're among the big winners.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:48 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,482,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ok one of you is on Medicare and one wont say what government plan he is on. Guess what Medicare recipients often are on Medicaid, Tricare For Life, and VA. Total silence....
Probably the reason for the silence is due to the stupidity of your post. I'm on Medicare. Yes, if you are actually paying for anyone's Medicare, you are most probably paying for your own father's Medicare. Your own kids will pay for your Medicare. Your father paid for your grandfather's benefit. That's the way it goes as any sensible person understands. Now go beat your chest and proclaim how you are paying someone else's Medicare benefits.

When you get retirement age you can make a real statement of your manhood and independence. Medicare Part A is free. All you have to do is to never use it. You do not have to purchase Medicare Part B.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Yet you and others can't pay your own way.

The people paying $399K are paying the same amount of taxes they paid pre ACA.
So? Their dollars are being used to pay for the subsidies at all? Tax revenue is tax revenue. ALL of it ius spent and more is borrowed.

I paid for your grandfather. You pay for me. My grandkids will pay for you. You are a real man to stand up to the system and to refuse your free Medicare Part A when you retire in protest over my grand kids paying for it.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
As I said there are a few enrolled in employer plans after age 65. But thats rare.

Are you enrolled in Medicare A & B? Do they pay any portion of your medical bills? In short, are they your primary payer with BCBS paying second? If so, you are in a variation of Medigap.

BTW, what you are describing is exactly the way Medigap works.

BCBS sells Medigap. BCBSs do that everywhere.
I have told you over and over that I have the plain old BCBS major medical plan offered on the open market and through employers. I don't know any other way to explain it.

My BCBS is paid for by my corporation. I own the corporation. The corporation owns my home, my Titan truck, my wife's car, etc.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:55 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Nobody pays the actual chargemaster price. Insurance companies negotiate the price down on all procedures. They only use chargemaster if you're paying cash, with no insurance involved. If you can't pay, then it's a total write-off for the hospital. What cost $100,000 on the chargemaster, will settle with BCBS for 32,000 and Medicare for 27,500.
Not only that, the hospital typically makes out well (certainly better) for any newly insured, even with new Medicaid or high deductible private plan. Because now they have less no-pays. Even with a high deductible, the plan still pays a hefty chunk of change. And then the hospital is much less apt to chase you for the balance. So in a broad sense you have cheap catastrophic. Well maybe not so cheap. But with a major hospital bill there is a good chance you won't have to come up with the deductible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies