Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 06:01 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times

Advertisements

Liberals side with radical Muslims because they have something in common, they both hate white Americans.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:05 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
When Muslims kill homosexuals and abuse and deny rights to women? And why do liberals bash Christianity while they defend Islam? Every time somebody criticizes Islam for what it is, a liberal will chime in and say "Christianity has people who are just as bad!" and compare the Evangelical Christians to "Muslim extremists." Last time I checked, I didn't see the Evangelicals hanging somebody because they were gay or abusing women. Ironic, because there are Muslims who would love to behead any liberal(and any other American), despite showing "tolerance."
conservatives continue to prove they view the world with crooked sight.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:06 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
When Muslims kill homosexuals and abuse and deny rights to women? And why do liberals bash Christianity while they defend Islam? Every time somebody criticizes Islam for what it is, a liberal will chime in and say "Christianity has people who are just as bad!" and compare the Evangelical Christians to "Muslim extremists." Last time I checked, I didn't see the Evangelicals hanging somebody because they were gay or abusing women. Ironic, because there are Muslims who would love to behead any liberal(and any other American), despite showing "tolerance."

Liberals look at Islam as a foil to Christianity. As most liberals are atheists (the government is thier God) and despise Christianity, any opponant of Christianity is their ally. It is an alliance of convenience for the time being, as most libs feel Islam is a problem that can be dealt with later, after their true enemy- Christianity- is destroyed.

Witness-

1. Liberal support for Hamas over Israel
2. Allowing Muslim prayer in public places, but not Christian prayers
3. Liberal support for removing foods "offensive" to Muslims
4. Demands to remove Bible reverses from any public places, but not those of the quran
5. Members of the Muslim Brotherhood visiting the White House
6. Support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt

It is a peculiar alliance.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:06 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Can you spot the differences in these two passages?

Quran: Chapter 4, Verse 89:

"They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper."

Christian Bible: Deuteronomy 13 King James Version (KJV)

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;
8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.
10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

The difference is that modern (post Crusades) Christians don't take these passages literally and actully kill people of other faiths as part of some perceived holy war.

Christians may not believe in adultery, but they don't bury women who they think are guilty of it up to their necks and hurl rocks at their heads until they are dead, do they?

And for the life of me, I really can't remember how long it's been since the last time I saw a Christian load up a video on YouTube of a Christian cutting a Muslim's head off.

But hey, maybe I missed it.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:57 AM

37,202 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
The difference is that modern (post Crusades) Christians don't take these passages literally and actully kill people of other faiths as part of some perceived holy war.

Christians may not believe in adultery, but they don't bury women who they think are guilty of it up to their necks and hurl rocks at their heads until they are dead, do they?

And for the life of me, I really can't remember how long it's been since the last time I saw a Christian load up a video on YouTube of a Christian cutting a Muslim's head off.

But hey, maybe I missed it.
So what you're saying then is that Christians aren't as dedicated to following their religion as Muslims are. Got it.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:28 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." That's why.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:31 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Liberals are capable of viewing issues on a basis other than "us vs. them". It can look like hypocracy to people incapable of comprehending nuance.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:38 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I "side" with whoever I think is right on a particular issue. Overall, Christian extremists are a much more credible threat to the liberty of Americans than Muslim extremists, because there are so many more of them. The Iraq War, which was launched by, and supported by, the dirtball religious right, killed more Americans than all Muslim terrorism in the last 100 years including 9/11.
I am a firm believer in the establishment clause. Explicit interpretation of it is the cleanest and best way to isolate government policies from religious ideology.

Who are these Christian extremists and how to they threaten you and me? Are they actually engaging in ethnic cleansing? Are they currently engaged in open battle with others who do not share their religious beliefs?

Does any religious body NOT believe in our Constitution and the Bill of Rights like Muslim extremists do?

We have always had Christian fundamentalists in this country. Except for their overweighted influence on the GOP, there is little evidence that they are changing the daily lives of Americans. The shift to support/tolerate gay marriage is a great example of declining influence.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:39 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
Quote:
To garner more votes.....Progs would sell their mother's eyes to get more votes....

Old 09-05-2014, 07:41 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Well, I'll say one thing for muslims, even the 'radical' ones… at least they don't scream "victim" every chance they get (unlike certain woosy "christians" I can think of)!

Fox News’ “War on Christianity”: How right-wing hacks created a sect of victims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies