Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:48 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
George Bush didn't tell these businesses to curtail hiring? I though he was the cause of all of Obama's failed policies.
Well, for one, what you said is moronic, partisan, and asinine.

Did the Bush administrations failures to curtail economic forces in 2007 and 2008 lead to what the Obama administration was left with? Yes. It was if they were handed a car with no gas, at the bottom of a 100 ft hill. So the economy has never fully recovered.

Since then, we've had other financial situations and slow growth due to no demand in the market. That is because people don't trust government at any level, and they aren't spending like they were before. Savings rates are growing in the United States. Thats a fact.

Couple that with our 1.8 growth rate on population, which means we are shrinking, and the economy has stalled.

We need a government that is working, that we trust, and we need to have more babies or loosen immigration standards.

Those things will help our economy over the next 5 years far beyond any tax cut or program that our federal government can put forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 10:51 AM

45,238 posts, read 26,470,793 times
And by gosh the fed has pumped out more new money than ever and still no recovery.
Get used to the state managed economy you all wanted.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
And that's why we need another 10 year war in the ME..to keep our economy going.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:01 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,651 times
It's got nothing to do with Obama. POTUS of any form doesn't have that much impact on the economy. It's got to do with pointing out the unintelligent nature of some of the posts around here.

When economists say that GDP is down by x amount due to y phenomenon, that really isn't political. No matter who is in office, things like major nature disasters or the polar vortex can have real impact on the economy. That's just how things work. If people can't fly, get to the store, etc, then GDP goes down.

I rarely advocate for most anything here as much as you would like to brand me one way. I mostly point out the stupidity in other people's arguments. It just happens that most people her are whining with poorly formed arguments about Obama. Feel free to go find a leftist and have him/her whine about someone like Boehner. I'd be happy to point out their stupidity as well.

Quote:
And by gosh the fed has pumped out more new money than ever and still no recovery.
The economy has improved steadily since 2009. Go look at the data. There's a reason why the fed and ever other major central bank in the world has done this. Carry on with the mindless whining though.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:31 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Jeeez, I notice only one poster that actually knows he answer to the question, pretty sad folks.

Businesses do not invest or expand their production in an uncertain market. Why is the market uncertain, the main cause is that the Government cannot seem to do it's Freakn Job. The time for playing politics has to come to an end. Pass a workable four year budget or get the H*ll out of Washington, you are killing this Nation with your actions/inactions. And before the same old posters whine about the Senate I will remind you that while the Senate needs to do their job of reviewing and voting on whether to pass budget bills or sending them back with suggested changes, the House has to take some responsibility and stop passing budget bills that are doomed to failure due to their extreme Partisan content. Once a viable budget is passed I am sure the President will sign it and everyone will rejoice as if they did something miraculous, it is what they are Supposed To Be Doing. As for jobs, it is not the job of the government to create them, even the darling of the right, Cruz says so, but the government can do it's part by doing it's own job and the rest will follow.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,454 times
The retail section slipped. BLS says it was due to the fallout from the New England grocery chain that had to deal with both an employee protest and customer boycott after the preferred head honcho got the screw job.

That situation has been resolved.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well, for one, what you said is moronic, partisan, and asinine.

Did the Bush administrations failures to curtail economic forces in 2007 and 2008 lead to what the Obama administration was left with? Yes. It was if they were handed a car with no gas, at the bottom of a 100 ft hill. So the economy has never fully recovered.

Since then, we've had other financial situations and slow growth due to no demand in the market. That is because people don't trust government at any level, and they aren't spending like they were before. Savings rates are growing in the United States. Thats a fact.

Couple that with our 1.8 growth rate on population, which means we are shrinking, and the economy has stalled.

We need a government that is working, that we trust, and we need to have more babies or loosen immigration standards.

Those things will help our economy over the next 5 years far beyond any tax cut or program that our federal government can put forward.
Bush did warn Congress but the Dems assured him there were no problems.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Jeeez, I notice only one poster that actually knows he answer to the question, pretty sad folks.

Businesses do not invest or expand their production in an uncertain market. Why is the market uncertain, the main cause is that the Government cannot seem to do it's Freakn Job. The time for playing politics has to come to an end. Pass a workable four year budget or get the H*ll out of Washington, you are killing this Nation with your actions/inactions. And before the same old posters whine about the Senate I will remind you that while the Senate needs to do their job of reviewing and voting on whether to pass budget bills or sending them back with suggested changes, the House has to take some responsibility and stop passing budget bills that are doomed to failure due to their extreme Partisan content. Once a viable budget is passed I am sure the President will sign it and everyone will rejoice as if they did something miraculous, it is what they are Supposed To Be Doing. As for jobs, it is not the job of the government to create them, even the darling of the right, Cruz says so, but the government can do it's part by doing it's own job and the rest will follow.
Which is what the US has been since 2009.

Businesses are greedy, businesses are hoarding their money, we have to tax business more, we have to force business to do this and do that, we have to reign in CEO salaries, we have to mandate that business provide benefits, etc.

So business has automated, and/or expanded in other countries.
They are not going to sit still and listen to how they must be taxed for the benefit of US society.

Business doesn't seem themselves as part of this "it takes a village" crap.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:46 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,177,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
It's got nothing to do with Obama. POTUS of any form doesn't have that much impact on the economy. It's got to do with pointing out the unintelligent nature of some of the posts around here.

When economists say that GDP is down by x amount due to y phenomenon, that really isn't political. No matter who is in office, things like major nature disasters or the polar vortex can have real impact on the economy. That's just how things work. If people can't fly, get to the store, etc, then GDP goes down.

I rarely advocate for most anything here as much as you would like to brand me one way. I mostly point out the stupidity in other people's arguments. It just happens that most people her are whining with poorly formed arguments about Obama. Feel free to go find a leftist and have him/her whine about someone like Boehner. I'd be happy to point out their stupidity as well.

The economy has improved steadily since 2009. Go look at the data. There's a reason why the fed and ever other major central bank in the world has done this. Carry on with the mindless whining though.

This is 100% Obama's fault. HE is the buffoon who uses the government agencies to put up barriers to companys that either want to open or expand. HE is the buffoon what dumped ObamaScare on the economy that ended all hiring as we know it. HE is the buffoon who thinks winning election qualifies him to micromanage an economy when he has never run anything in his life.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
This is 100% Obama's fault. HE is the buffoon who uses the government agencies to put up barriers to companys that either want to open or expand. HE is the buffoon what dumped ObamaScare on the economy that ended all hiring as we know it. HE is the buffoon who thinks winning election qualifies him to micromanage an economy when he has never run anything in his life.
And it takes a Buffon to actually believe all the nonsense posted above is really the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies