Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Whoa - brings back memories...

Happened to me in middle school in DC.

I hung out with black kids and still got accused acting white because I did my work. Difference was I was big enough to fight back.

It was either listen to them, or listen to my parents - my dad being in the military for 30 years.
The saying fits, misery loves company. Kids who goofed off, got poor grades, and played the school clown needed as many other people to sink to their level as possible. Anyone who stood out and got good grades, participated in class, they had to beat into submission, if they refuse to join the ranks of the tough guys who were too cool for school.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:16 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times
I suspect a great majority of multi-cultural, multi-racial kids go through the same nightmare. To me, this is not and never has been a skin tone issue, but an identification question.

I grew up in Germany and Japan, I've always been treated differently but in a good positive way.

Some of my mixed friends, not very lucky.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:06 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Acting all white by going to school on time and paying attention and stuff.

Because as we all know all whites come to school on time and pay attention. Lol

Old 09-08-2014, 10:18 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
The school bus tape did not show an attack on the bus.

No one seems to know who the attacker is, despite the claim that taunting had been going on for a year.

Something about this story does not ring true. It could be the reporting.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:26 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A 16-year-old high school girl in Rock Hill, S.C. told police that another high school girl taunted her on a school bus and then beat her up after she got off the bus. The assailant allegedly was angry at the victim because she was behaving “too much like a white person.”

http://news.yahoo.com/high-school-gi...035032786.html
Must be nice where a bully incident in a small town can make the national news. They should feel honored. Unfortunately kids get beat up everyday in school for one reason or another.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:45 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Must be nice where a bully incident in a small town can make the national news. They should feel honored. Unfortunately kids get beat up everyday in school for one reason or another.
I was thinking the same thing. Bully girl, if it wasn't "acting too white" it would have been "don't like your shoes" or "stop looking at me funny". There doesn't HAVE to be a reason and there usually isn't. But if I had to guess, some guy liked one more than the other at some point in the past.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Bully girl, if it wasn't "acting too white" it would have been "don't like your shoes" or "stop looking at me funny". There doesn't HAVE to be a reason and there usually isn't. But if I had to guess, some guy liked one more than the other at some point in the past.
Earlier this year 2 teen middle school girls got into a FB war about some boy. Uncle gave a gun to his niece to settle the matter and she did. And yeah, it was Chicago. The gun was hot and the uncle was a convicted felon with gang affiliations.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:56 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
There's a video that I can't find right now (it's explicit in language, but gets the point across) that explains who dumb it is to have this mentality. When someone tells me "I act or sound white" it sounds dumb to me and gets dumber every time I hear it.

Anytime a black person calls another black person "white", I always want to ask them... do you know what that even means? Seriously, you have to ask that question.

I'm black but by these dumbass kids standards, I "act white", whatever that means. It's more a sad commentary on what's going on with our community that any one who speaks "proper" English, doesn't go to prison, goes to class and work are only traits of a white person.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:02 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,389,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Because as we all know all whites come to school on time and pay attention. Lol
No, but if you do those things and speak proper English instead of ghetto gibberish, blacks will say you're acting white.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:17 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
No, but if you do those things and speak proper English instead of ghetto gibberish, blacks will say you're acting white.
Not ALL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies