Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Many folks, particularly liberals, forget that America's creation was based, in part, on Christian ideals and our defense of Israel is rooted deeply in prophecies outlined in the Holy Bible. America did not wake up one day 70 years ago and decide that Muslims were bad. What we did do is help secure the right of Israel, our religious and ideological ally, to exist which is based on the principles and prophecies outlined in the Bible. The defeat of Israel would be the defeat of Judaism and Christianity. America, as a country of Christians and Christian ideals, has promised that it would never stand for that.

American leadership is reticent to refer to this as a "holy war" but that is in fact what it is. And it's based on our commonalities with Israel and the principles and prophesies outlined in the Bible. You'll never hear American leadership say that, though.
Nothing in the Bible say we have to support Israel in any way, including sending them 3 Billion USD Plus a year or fighting their wars, it said we should not be their enemy, not sending them money is not being an enemy is it following the scriptures: do not be a borrower or lender.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:31 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nothing in the Bible say we have to support Israel in any way, including sending them 3 Billion USD Plus a year or fighting their wars, it said we should not be their enemy, not sending them money is not being an enemy is it following the scriptures: do not be a borrower or lender.
Foreign aid is a legitimate debate to have. But, in my view, it's not legitimate to assume that America and Israel are ideological and religious allies and expect that no money or weapons will exchange hands as part of that relationship.

I'll remind you that "America" was not a nation when the Bible was written, so naturally I wouldn't expect to see a reference to our alliance.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:32 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Guy on the radio was talking about Islam and how the dates and the chain of events in the Koran do not match up to history.

Said that the peaceful and love your neighbor parts of the book were mostly plagiarized from the bible and other religions. Mostly, the book encourages invasion and then massive breeding to make it next to impossible to get rid of them.

Now is the time for European nations to act. Give them a check and send them on their way. Either they quit their invasive cult or they leave the country.

We, the USA are going to have to fight a World War if something isn't down about Muslims in western Europe.

We had to de-Nazify Germany, this is going to be far more difficult.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Foreign aid is a legitimate debate to have. But, in my view, it's not legitimate to assume that America and Israel are ideological and religious allies and expect that no money or weapons will exchange hands as part of that relationship.

I'll remind you that "America" was not a nation when the Bible was written, so naturally I wouldn't expect to see a reference to our alliance.
I am all for cutting off funding to all countries except for humanitarian purposes and why we supply arms to them is a mystery to me. They have done nothing to prove they are an ally other than to supply a little intel, I cannot think of one time where our government asked theirs to do something and they actually complied, some ally, not much of a return for our money is it. I have nothing against Israel but for me they are no greater or important than any other Nation that we consider an ally, they special status is fiction and always has been.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Many folks, particularly liberals, forget that America's creation was based, in part, on Christian ideals and our defense of Israel is rooted deeply in prophecies outlined in the Holy Bible. America did not wake up one day 70 years ago and decide that Muslims were bad. What we did do is help secure the right of Israel, our religious and ideological ally, to exist which is based on the principles and prophecies outlined in the Bible. The defeat of Israel would be the defeat of Judaism and Christianity. America, as a country of Christians and Christian ideals, has promised that it would never stand for that.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"___Treaty of Tripoli

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government" ___ Thomas Jefferson

If you're going to try and hide behind America's creation, please point out where the Constitution makes any other country, Israel included, the responsibility of the US Government.

The hypocrisy of the allegedly "less government" conservatives with their willingness to use MORE government to advance their agenda is amazing.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am all for cutting off funding to all countries except for humanitarian purposes and why we supply arms to them is a mystery to me. They have done nothing to prove they are an ally other than to supply a little intel, I cannot think of one time where our government asked theirs to do something and they actually complied, some ally, not much of a return for our money is it. I have nothing against Israel but for me they are no greater or important than any other Nation that we consider an ally, they special status is fiction and always has been.
As I mentioned before, the alliance is based in religion. America as a whole has historically been believers in the Holy Bible, which clearly points to constant conflicts involving Israel and the intent of those who don't believe in Jesus as the Messiah to destroy Israel. America, as a country founded on Christian ideals, is a natural ally of Israel, and we have pledged as much for the past 70+ years.

While the government and the liberal media will not admit it, we are in the midst of a Holy War with Islam, all of it which has been prophesied in the Bible.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
I am thoroughly repulsed by the fact that the Counsel of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) is in the back pocket of Barack Obama.

If I were President, they'd be relegated to a lemonade stand in Dearborn, Michigan never to be heard from or consulted again.
If I were President they would all be targets of aggressive FBI investigations and have all their finances frozen.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:49 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
WHY should we assume America, an undoubtedly secular country by design, should have any 'religious allies' ?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"___Treaty of Tripoli

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government" ___ Thomas Jefferson

If you're going to try and hide behind America's creation, please point out where the Constitution makes any other country, Israel included, the responsibility of the US Government.

The hypocrisy of the allegedly "less government" conservatives with their willingness to use MORE government to advance their agenda is amazing.
Christian ideals, burdell.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHY should we assume America, an undoubtedly secular country by design, should have any 'religious allies' ?
The Constitution and the people are two different entities. The government is not Christian, the majority of the people are, and have been for the entirety of our existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies