Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times

Advertisements

In a section which was once heavily Jewish, but is now heavily Muslim, several fires were set in a Synagogue on Tuesday.

Blog: Brussels synagogue torched

Muslims have been making inroads in many European countries, and are doing what Muslims do best, wage war against Jews, Christians, and anyone not Muslim.

Isn't it time we wake up to this fact, and stop the pandering to Islam? We have far too many apologists for Islam in America, people blind to the stated goals of Islam. We have seen the violence in our own country, and it's going to get worse until we wake up.

Blog: Holder Issues Fatwa

Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
I am thoroughly repulsed by the fact that the Counsel of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) is in the back pocket of Barack Obama.

If I were President, they'd be relegated to a lemonade stand in Dearborn, Michigan never to be heard from or consulted again.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:59 AM

939 posts, read 796,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
In a section which was once heavily Jewish, but is now heavily Muslim, several fires were set in a Synagogue on Tuesday.

Blog: Brussels synagogue torched

Muslims have been making inroads in many European countries, and are doing what Muslims do best, wage war against Jews, Christians, and anyone not Muslim.

Isn't it time we wake up to this fact, and stop the pandering to Islam? We have far too many apologists for Islam in America, people blind to the stated goals of Islam. We have seen the violence in our own country, and it's going to get worse until we wake up.

Blog: Holder Issues Fatwa
Unfortunately, ALOT of muslim violence will have to happen on our soil before the ignorant and apathetic masses in America wake up. I personally believe that by the time our "tolerant, politically correct" society wakes up- it will be too late. Look back at 9/11- has it really changed the general perception of Islam in our country? I don't think it has.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
This nation was founded on the basis of religious tolerance and freedom but we have allowed foreign interests to hijack our military and way of life. We need to stop pandering to religious fundamentalists and stop supporting Israel and Saudi Arabia-which are both horrible allies. We will be free from terrorism so long as we are not killing innocent women and children in the Middle East-you cannot fight an idea-and even if we defeat ISIS there will be a new group tomorrow-probably funded and trained by The US at some point in time as well.

There is no noble reason for US involvement in The Middle East-anyone that tells you otherwise is just parroting propaganda-whether they are aware of it or not. I am way more concerned with the security of our own borders and the deterioration of the once largest Middle Class in World history than I am of the most violent region in the history of the World that also happens to be on the other side of the planet.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:22 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Seems to me a lot of people have no problem with substantially increasing the federal debt so long as it is for defense/ military spending. A lot of people have no problem with boots on the ground, so long as those are other people's boots.

I advocate for the imposition of a Flat War Tax on ALL individual and corporate income. No credits/deductions. Low income and Social Security would be included. 20% off the top should just about cover the cost of being the global leader and paying off some of the accumulated debt associated with decades of prior defense spending that was piled onto the federal debt.

While we are at it, let's reinstitute conscription- no exemptions beyond those who are severely and permanently disabled. Forget about education and/ or religious deferments. It's an opportunity to become employed, reduce obesity and get into top physical shape, earn VA educational benefits and healthcare.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:24 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Many folks, particularly liberals, forget that America's creation was based, in part, on Christian ideals and our defense of Israel is rooted deeply in prophecies outlined in the Holy Bible. America did not wake up one day 70 years ago and decide that Muslims were bad. What we did do is help secure the right of Israel, our religious and ideological ally, to exist which is based on the principles and prophecies outlined in the Bible. The defeat of Israel would be the defeat of Judaism and Christianity. America, as a country of Christians and Christian ideals, has promised that it would never stand for that.

American leadership is reticent to refer to this as a "holy war" but that is in fact what it is. And it's based on our commonalities with Israel and the principles and prophesies outlined in the Bible. You'll never hear American leadership say that, though.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Unfortunately, ALOT of muslim violence will have to happen on our soil before the ignorant and apathetic masses in America wake up. I personally believe that by the time our "tolerant, politically correct" society wakes up- it will be too late. Look back at 9/11- has it really changed the general perception of Islam in our country? I don't think it has.
All they have to do is quietly take up leadership positions in the government. Violence would still bring the U.S. together, but secretly taking over power in our government is a whole different story.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,473 times
We could denounce israel as a ally, ignore a all out war that destroyed them, and isis would still want us dead. They would see thst weakness as further proof that we are weak and they will win. This whole thought that they want the middle east only and would leave us alone is nieve. They want to make us convert or die too. Its on thier book. Wake up libs!

Old 09-17-2014, 11:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
So, what is the plan to deal with the Evil Muslims in America. Round em up, ship them to Relocation camps where Work makes them Free? Just curious the OP opened their yap and said we need to wake up, ok everyone is awake now what is you want to do, lets have the details. Save the childish insults or snarky remarks just explain the agenda, if you can or dare do so in public..

Old 09-17-2014, 11:24 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
A response that quotes the OP gets deleted as being "off topic"? Enjoy your circle jerk, I'm out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies