Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 07:30 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times

Advertisements

Yup. Conservative states are more often moochers than providers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
From your link:

"The following historical table shows the annual ratio of federal spending to the corresponding federal revenue collected from each state. Values greater than 1 indicate a state having a net negative effect on the federal budget in that fiscal year."

The following red states were below 1 last year (positive effect on Federal budget):
NE
KS
WY
AR
UT
GA
OK
TX
SD
MO
NC
AK

The following blue states are above 1:
MD
CN
VT
PA
HI
ME
WI
NM

Old 09-22-2014, 07:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
And what notion of economics would that be? The facts are that California, New York, Illinoi and New Jersey are states which give away their money to states like Arizona. You want to talk about economics? You want to talk about failures? Why don't you become self sufficient first instead of mooching off liberal states?

At this point the failure is Arizona and not California, New York, Illinois or New Jersey, as it is Arizona that couldn't survive without handouts from theses rich, enterprising, liberal states.
Certainly we won't take economy lessons from the states that can't even support themselves...

Here are the facts:

Federal taxation and spending by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The fact is that liberals states don't give away their money to conservative states.

The fact is that all states are taxed and then those taxes are distributed according to federal law.

The fact is that no state in America is a failure. Some are just less wealthy than others.

The fact is that it is the blue states who voted in the legislators that made these laws, not the red states.

So given that your post is a fact-free emotional misrepresentation of things, you really shouldn't be talking about facts.

You know what's funny? So these failures can't survive without handouts from the rich, enterprising people? Gee, that wouldn't happen to be exactly the attitude that liberals bash selfish conservatives for having when it comes to welfare, now would it? What blatant hypocrisy.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM

There we go again, another typical post by a confused conservative poster, lots of childish tantrums and not much of supporting evidence or data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The fact is that liberals states don't give away their money to conservative states.
Here:

Quote:
The fact is that all states are taxed and then those taxes are distributed according to federal law.
I thought conservatives consider income redistribution as immoral thievery. Hey, what do I know. They actually like it when they are the beneficiaries.

Quote:
The fact is that no state in America is a failure. Some are just less wealthy than others.
That's funny because conservatives routinely describe people working for a minimum wage as "losers" and "failures" but now themselves want to appear as "just less wealthy"

Quote:
The fact is that it is the blue states who voted in the legislators that made these laws, not the red states.
The fact is that these laws were voted in by the entire congress and not just blue-state congressmen.

Quote:
So given that your post is a fact-free emotional misrepresentation of things, you really shouldn't be talking about facts.
The facts are in the link I provided, what have you provided? lol

Quote:
You know what's funny? So these failures can't survive without handouts from the rich, enterprising people? Gee, that wouldn't happen to be exactly the attitude that liberals bash selfish conservatives for having when it comes to welfare, now would it? What blatant hypocrisy.
Yes, the hypocrisy is when conservatives from failed red states present "personal responsibility", "fiscal discipline" "enterprising" and "productivity" as conservative virtues while most conservative states are simply mooching off the enterprising liberal states. No other state pays to the union as much as liberal California, New York, Illinois and New Jersey, and no other states is a bigger moocher as Florida, South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Indiana. ]These are facts you just can't swallow, can you? lol

Here, educate yourself:

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-22-2014 at 08:42 PM..

Old 09-22-2014, 08:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Yup. Conservative states are more often moochers than providers.
This conversation would be so much more fun if you understood just how wrong you've been throughout this thread.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:19 PM

I think it would be even more interesting if instead of statements like this you'd make an intelligent argument supported by some evidence once in a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This conversation would be so much more fun if you understood just how wrong you've been throughout this thread.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I think it would be even more interesting if instead of statements like this you'd make an intelligent argument supported by some evidence once in a while...
You just completely ignored a bunch of very basic evidence that your entire premise is wrong, you've ignored and dismissed every piece of data I've posted that didn't support your bull**** lies and you've continued to post the same wiki link over and over and over again even though it doesn't actually prove what you've been claiming all along.

Pardon me if I give up and just laugh at your ignorance, you clearly aren't worth an intelligent argument.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:42 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
We seem to be flooded with people (mostly return trolls) who want to gripe and whine about how they believe "rich blue states" pay to support "poor red states" because "poor red states" get back more from the federal government than they pay out.

Why is this a problem? Isn't that the most perfect, liberal utopia scenario imaginable? You get to feel good about paying your "fair share" as a rich blue stater and you don't have actually be bothered by the poor people you help.

Who cares which state pays more and which state spends more federal tax dollars, it's clear that some states are more in need than your ultra rich blue states so why do you have a problem helping out those who are less fortunate than yourselves? Aren't liberals all about compassion and helping people?
Personally, I think Mr. Romney kindof opened the door for these types of questions when he resurrected the 'Moocher Myth.'

Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
You didnt post any evidence
Yes I did, you ignored it and kept telling lies. It's pathetic.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Personally, I think Mr. Romney kindof opened the door for these types of questions when he resurrected the 'Moocher Myth.'
Yup. Here is Bloomberg.com on that particular topic:

Bloomberg.com: Blame FDR and LBJ for Moocher Paradox in Red States

Old 09-22-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoreyouknow View Post
yes i did, you ignored it and kept telling lies. It's pathetic.
I show this guy actual, verifiable data

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...nding_by_State

and he says I am telling lies...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies