Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not disputing the data, I just proved to you that blue voters in red states are more likely to consume social services money and you conveniently ignored it. It doesn't matter what you believe or not, it's a fact whether you like it or not.
What you typed doesn't make any sense for two main reasons. First of all, there is obviously more blue voters in blue states than in red states. so if the blue voters were such leeches, there should be more federal money going to blue states than red states.
Second, its because federal funding going to red states is not just food stamps and welfare but many other programs, like farm subsidies, that do not go towards the poorest citizens.

You just don't make any sense, buddy.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
We seem to be flooded with people (mostly return trolls) who want to gripe and whine about how they believe "rich blue states" pay to support "poor red states" because "poor red states" get back more from the federal government than they pay out.

Why is this a problem? Isn't that the most perfect, liberal utopia scenario imaginable? You get to feel good about paying your "fair share" as a rich blue stater and you don't have actually be bothered by the poor people you help.

Who cares which state pays more and which state spends more federal tax dollars, it's clear that some states are more in need than your ultra rich blue states so why do you have a problem helping out those who are less fortunate than yourselves? Aren't liberals all about compassion and helping people?
So please tell me why these red states need so much help. Then we can go from there. I mean aren't you one of those complaining about welfare and food stamps.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:25 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So please tell me why these red states need so much help. Then we can go from there. I mean aren't you one of those complaining about welfare and food stamps.
You can read post 53 for the answer.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Because these red, mostly Southern states are filled with poor, uneducated and unproductive people. Some have large illegal immigrant populations as well.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:
Because these red, mostly Southern states are filled with poor, uneducated and unproductive people. Some have large illegal immigrant populations as well.
How is that possible? I thought you told us that the most poor and uneducated people live in blue states, specifically in big liberal cities and and that's why these states vote Democrat. Has something changed in the last 15 minutes?

Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 PM

118 posts, read 115,885 times
Quote:
And many of them relied HEAVILY on Manufacturing and Agriculture.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
What you typed doesn't make any sense for two main reasons. First of all, there is obviously more blue voters in blue states than in red states. so if the blue voters were such leeches, there should be more federal money going to blue states than red states.
Second, its because federal funding going to red states is not just food stamps and welfare but many other programs, like farm subsidies, that do not go towards the poorest citizens.

You just don't make any sense, buddy.
It makes perfect sense, you're just too ignorant to grasp what we're saying.

Red states have the overwhelming majority of military bases, that makes up a huge chunk of federal spending which is included in your numbers and has nothing to do with poor red or blue voters. Those tax dollars are going to buy fuel, bullets, jets and military vehicles.

Red states have tons of agriculture land in them, that also makes up a large chunk of the federal tax dollars that gets spent because someone has to subsidize these farmers who feed the huge urban areas in your blue states. The hipsters in NY growing tomatoes might seem cool but they couldn't feed themselves to save their lives.

Red states deal with a majority of incoming illegal immigrants, that's just a cold hard fact.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
How is that possible? I thought you told us that the most poor and uneducated people live in blue states, and that's why these states vote Democratic. Has something changed in the last 15 minutes?
Please point out exactly where I said that, you must have misread something again.

I'll wait.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Because these red, mostly Southern states are filled with poor, uneducated and unproductive people.
Bingo! Try to get them to go to school and they will call it a liberal indoctrination center.

Quote:
Some have large illegal immigrant populations as well.
Most don't though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblair5 View Post
And many of them relied HEAVILY on Manufacturing and Agriculture.
Manufacturing was never big in the south.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:38 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Exactly. But you blame democrats for wanting to help the poor with welfare for political reasons. Yet the south doesn't vote democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies