Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 03:27 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,945,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
What does it say about society that people are so afraid and shamed to talk about sex that they resort to stealing birth control to avoid embarrassment and confrontation?
What does it say about a society that is so determined to have sex that they are willing to commit a crime to do it?

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-26-2014 at 03:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 06:59 AM

63,509 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No one is making the case that condoms and other preventative measures shouldn't be available, but as I've said numerous times already, there's a big difference between handing little Johnny a condom and saying "have at it" ..... compared to teaching him about the seriousness of sex and making him aware of preventative measures at the same time.
From the many posts in here you're preaching to the choir. Far too many parents rather than teaching their kids abstinence and responsibility resort to supplying them with birth control instead. Society has been brain washed by so-called progressiveness.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:04 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,624,163 times
Quote:
It is? Could have fooled me...... Just now, literally like two minutes ago, I just saw a commercial on TV using SEX to advertise Progressive Car Insurance. CAR INSURANCE for crying out loud....

We live in such a perverted society. Perhaps you as a parent do teach your kids about the seriousness of sex, but that is not the message that society is sending to it's youth, not by a long shot. The message society is sending is that sure, go have all the sex you want, with whoever you want, with however many people you want, however often you want.
Now sex is perverted?? Give me a break, ok? Sex is great. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. That's why people have it. It's completely normal to want to have sex & to actually have sex. It's never going to go away, ever. So, let's be realistic, teach the kids about sex, warn them about the consequences but also equip them properly, ok?

Old 09-26-2014, 08:08 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,624,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From the many posts in here you're preaching to the choir. Far too many parents rather than teaching their kids abstinence and responsibility resort to supplying them with birth control instead. Society has been brain washed by so-called progressiveness.
Did it ever occur to you that parents can teach their kids about sex, warn them about certain consequences of having sex, encourage them to wait until they're older but ALSO have some forethought to equip their kids with birth control IN CASE they do indeed have sex?

Old 09-26-2014, 09:30 AM

18,544 posts, read 19,170,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Free anything is not really good quality. It would cause more unplanned pregnancies to rely on that.
what a crock

Old 09-26-2014, 11:31 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,450,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2religious View Post
Condoms are unaffordable for many teenagers and young adults without any jobs. Should condoms be given out for free to those people to prevent diseases and unexpected pregnancies? Teenagers having babies often means living under poverty which will cost us tax payers money in other ways such as food stamp, health care, etc.

What do you think?
free condoms should be promoted, and easily available. Potentially through the insurance program (just show at register) or allow teenagers to print out coupons. I don't know about affordability, its easy access that we would want to promote.

Wouldn't stop at Condoms, day after pill, abortions, etc. All of which -taken in totality - would help avoid expensive complications from sex (like babies)

Old 09-26-2014, 01:25 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,450,638 times
Quote:
What does it say about a society that is so determined to have sex that they are willing to commit a crime to do it?

Your talking about humans, after a few million years of evolution the sex drive is well defined, very powerful. It isn't a society failing, it is an engineering failing of the human system.

Far easier to assume people will act as designed, and provide adequate help, than expect people to fight their very nature.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Now sex is perverted?? Give me a break, ok?
Who said sex was perverted? Sex is a natural, albeit vital part of our existence. I'm saying our nonchalant attitude toward sex is what is perverted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Did it ever occur to you that parents can teach their kids about sex, warn them about certain consequences of having sex, encourage them to wait until they're older but ALSO have some forethought to equip their kids with birth control IN CASE they do indeed have sex?
I have no problem with that, that's all I'm asking for. However, that's not the overwhelming message society as a whole is sending.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
free condoms should be promoted, and easily available. Potentially through the insurance program (just show at register) or allow teenagers to print out coupons. I don't know about affordability, its easy access that we would want to promote.

Wouldn't stop at Condoms, day after pill, abortions, etc. All of which -taken in totality - would help avoid expensive complications from sex (like babies)
You know what also would help avoid expensive complications from sex???? Teaching kids that sex is something special that should only be shared between two people who care for one another and have chosen to spend their lives together.

Gawd forbid we send that message, right?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Your talking about humans, after a few million
years of evolution the sex drive is well defined, very powerful. It isn't a
society failing, it is an engineering failing of the human system.
I agree with that. It's a left-over from our primitive origins where sex was necessary both at an early age and very often to ensure the survival of the species. We've evolved intellectually, not so much physically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies