Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:47 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,212,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wrong, it means to look for signs that they might be a radical looking to do harm, not that they are a Muslim, that would be illegal.

become a dealer sometime. if you as a dealer call the atf (f-troop) and ask them about a sale, they will tell you that if you feel uncomfortable with a sale, then err on the side of caution and do not make the sale. having worked before at a firearms store, this has been told to me by f-troop (atf) many times.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I support the rights of business owners who choose to operate their business in the United States to follow our laws. How 'bout that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Not sure what your point is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Discrimination based on religion is illegal. Throw the book at the gun range owner.

You just contradicted yourself....

You speak of rights and then you talk about privileges.

You first say the business owner has rights(freedom), then you say they don't have rights.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
become a dealer sometime. if you as a dealer call the atf (f-troop) and ask them about a sale, they will tell you that if you feel uncomfortable with a sale, then err on the side of caution and do not make the sale. having worked before at a firearms store, this has been told to me by f-troop (atf) many times.
They sent out notices many time a year telling dealers this.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:02 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,212,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They sent out notices many time a year telling dealers this.

very much so. at the firearms shop I worked at when I lived in Wisconsin, everyone of us had to read whatever f-troop (atf)to the store. I remember reading at least 20 notices every year for the 3 years I worked there about not selling any firearm to anyone if we thought there might be a problem with the customer. I remember not selling to people that were of every race, to people who were angry and to people who just made us employees nervous.

so we as sellers did not have to the civil rights act of 64 as we were already being instructed by the atf(f-troop) not to sell to anyone whom we though might be a concern.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Good for him, but he's asking for a lawsuit.

Muslims shouldn't be allowed to have guns! (tongue in cheek)

Old 10-13-2014, 05:29 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times
I wonder how many of the supporters of this law would be as accommodating if a Muslim gun range owner said his business was a "Christian free zone".

Old 10-13-2014, 06:20 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,354,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I wonder how many of the supporters of this law would be as accommodating if a Muslim gun range owner said his business was a "Christian free zone".
It would be fewer than then number of moonbats who support discrimination against Christians while screaming about discrimination of Muslims.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:23 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,296,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It would be fewer than then number of moonbats who support discrimination against Christians while screaming about discrimination of Muslims.
I seriously doubt that, because I have found an equal amount of dislike from the right when people push on Christianity.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
very much so. at the firearms shop I worked at when I lived in Wisconsin, everyone of us had to read whatever f-troop (atf)to the store. I remember reading at least 20 notices every year for the 3 years I worked there about not selling any firearm to anyone if we thought there might be a problem with the customer. I remember not selling to people that were of every race, to people who were angry and to people who just made us employees nervous.

so we as sellers did not have to the civil rights act of 64 as we were already being instructed by the atf(f-troop) not to sell to anyone whom we though might be a concern.
And if you did sell a gun you had to sign the form.......saying you believed the "wait check" paper were correct.......and filled out in good faith.

No one has to do that to sell a pop and a bag of chips.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,916,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Go back and read my posts because I would. I support the individual's right to discriminate for any reason they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies