Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Listen, the dumber and more clueless the voter, the better it is for Democrats and even Crony Republicans. I, unfortunately, watched part of a new Rock the Vote video today, which I refuse to post here. If you watch that and think of who their target audience is, it leaves you speechless. They absolutely want and need the dumb and clueless to vote. That video by the way is simply awful and some of it would make you want to vomit, literally.
I argue with you a lot Tilt, but yeah not this time. I have a friend who wants to vote, very republican...and...dumb as a box of rocks. even if the vote was going to go to a democrat I wouldn't want my friend voting. They have no clue-they just want to vote with their family. Its depressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 07:08 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,552,860 times
I'd like to know how many low info voters knew who Dick Cheney was in 2000, or Gore in 92, or Quayle back in 88.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:16 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I argue with you a lot Tilt, but yeah not this time. I have a friend who wants to vote, very republican...and...dumb as a box of rocks. even if the vote was going to go to a democrat I wouldn't want my friend voting. They have no clue-they just want to vote with their family. Its depressing.
I certainly understand that from your point of view .... Republicans should not be allowed to vote.
It is indeed ..... depressing.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I certainly understand that from your point of view .... Republicans should not be allowed to vote.
It is indeed ..... depressing.
Sigh. Re-read my post then, I really dont care what side they are on, I want them to make intelligent decisions. Some of the people I disagree with here who are conservatives/Republicans disagree because of our point of view-not because they don't understand the argument.

My friend is voting, not because of the point of view, but because of family pressure, while not understanding the arguments presented.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:28 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Most people don't care who the Vice President is because it is pretty much a do nothing job. It is much like a backup quarterback in the big game, he is gonna help his team win by sitting on the bench and watching everyone else play.

So, you had no problem with Sarah Palin then?

Old 10-07-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
I'd like to know how many low info voters knew who Dick Cheney was in 2000, or Gore in 92, or Quayle back in 88.
The difference is that Biden has been Vice President for nearly 6 years. The three you mentioned had not been even elected to the post in those years you listed.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I really wish people were more worried about educating voters so they can make informed decisions than getting idiots to vote.
America has a pretty low voter turn out, I think there are other things you could be worried about.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
So, you had no problem with Sarah Palin then?
Sarah Palin is dumb as a rock and was used against McCain. Seeing that McCain is still alive, sort of, Palin would have just been a do nothing VP saying stupid things from time to time, probably not much different than Biden has been as VP.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The difference is that Biden has been Vice President for nearly 6 years. The three you mentioned had not been even elected to the post in those years you listed.
I don't follow you here, those names and dates looked accurate to me.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sarah Palin is dumb as a rock and was used against McCain. Seeing that McCain is still alive, sort of, Palin would have just been a do nothing VP saying stupid things from time to time, probably not much different than Biden has been as VP.
So there is a double standard for you? A Democrat you like, Biden, as Vice President has a "do nothing job" but with a Republican, Palin, it is one of the most important jobs in the country.

Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies