Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2014, 02:35 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,169,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Unfortunately the democrats that you vote for and blindly support believe that you are.
I'm blind for supporting them? Fine. But I'm not deaf, and I've heard what comes out of Republicans mouths. White, older males are no longer the majority in this country. The country is getting browner, it's getting younger, and women are being empowered. And unfortunately, the republican party offers little for these growing populations. And since they can't appeal to that group without shunning their terrified base who are getting more and more radical by the day and going to the tea party, they try and just suppress the vote of those who won't vote for them.

But eventually, and it'll be soon, the numbers will literally, never be in the republicans favor. Ever. We've just gotta strike down the laws that prevent the american people from voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 02:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
I'm blind for supporting them? Fine. But I'm not deaf, and I've heard what comes out of Republicans mouths. White, older males are no longer the majority in this country. The country is getting browner, it's getting younger, and women are being empowered. And unfortunately, the republican party offers little for these growing populations. And since they can't appeal to that group without shunning their terrified base who are getting more and more radical by the day and going to the tea party, they try and just suppress the vote of those who won't vote for them.

But eventually, and it'll be soon, the numbers will literally, never be in the republicans favor. Ever. We've just gotta strike down the laws that prevent the american people from voting.
Your entire premise is based on your assumption that voters who are currently stupid enough to believe that democrats care about them and "offer them something" will continue to be that stupid. I have faith in humanity enough that I think people might educate themselves and realize just how little democrats care about them.

Once people, regardless of skin color, age or gender realize how democrats use them like caged votes they become too smart to continue voting for liberals who do nothing whatsoever to actually help them. I see it happening slowly and I hope it continues.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
At one of the few voting booths left after republicans have gerrymandered districts that condense huge populations of locations which "coincidentally" house minorities into locations which have hours and hours and hours long lines. At one of those. But maybe not on Sunday, because you know, Republicans have gotten rid of sunday voting, which, you know, many black people take advantage of.
Total lies. Dems gerrymander just like Reps. And gerrymandering has nothing to do with the number of polling places available. And most states have early voting when there are no long lines anywhere.

So you are saying these Dems are able to get to a polling place and wait in long lines but not to a place where they can get a free ID.

Quote:
You've literally got republicans on record saying that the benefit of all these changes to voting isn't oh we've caught so many cheaters, but man we've really hurt Obama or whatever democratic candidate. Turning legal voters away at the poll.
Proof?

Old 10-10-2014, 02:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Voter fraud is just plain difficult to do.

In New York, you have to show up at your polling place and sign your ballot. I'd have to show up at multiple polling places and forge multiple signatures to committ voter fraud. I'm sure the person who's signature I'm forging would also be quite upset and alert the authorities that someone voted on their behalf.
Not to mention, you would have to wait in line again and again. Wouldn't be a very efficient way to sway an election. LOL!

Old 10-10-2014, 02:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Just admit it, Republicans could propose legislation that would provide free government issued voter IDs to anyone who wanted them, they could propose mobile ID trucks that would drive around low income neighborhoods and provide these IDs free, door to door. Reps could also put in voter ID stations in every post office in the country and you would still claim that poor democrats aren't being allowed to vote.

In what states, where voter ID is required, have the Republicans provided mobile ID trucks that drive around low income neighborhoods and provide these IDs free, door to door?

Old 10-10-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
The country is getting browner, it's getting younger,
No, it's not. The median age in the USA is getting higher.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In what states, where voter ID is required, have the Republicans provided mobile ID trucks that drive around low income neighborhoods and provide these IDs free, door to door?
Stop with the ignorance, just stop.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Voter fraud is just plain difficult to do.

In New York, you have to show up at your polling place and sign your ballot. I'd have to show up at multiple polling places and forge multiple signatures to committ voter fraud. I'm sure the person who's signature I'm forging would also be quite upset and alert the authorities that someone voted on their behalf.
No, it's quite easy. And since only half of the people vote, there are literally millions of people who you could vote for and they would never notice.

Odds are you could do it at one polling place. They don't memorize every face they see. And forging a signature takes about 12 seconds.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
In my state we have same day registration. It's so convenient but surprise surprise, our governor has been rumbling about getting rid of same day registration. Why do you suppose that is?
But, why should you have to register at all? Isn't that a form of restriction?

Old 10-10-2014, 03:17 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
But, why should you have to register at all? Isn't that a form of restriction?
How so? You register right there at the polls, then go cast your vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies