Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 05:23 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Bad choice to consider a Muslim.
Not a bad choice if that Muslim agrees with my political views. If they don't, I wouldn't consider it, and you have nothing to worry your inbred little head about.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:29 PM

601 posts, read 460,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Sure, go read your posts on the Rick Scott thread. You're terrified of the dude, probably because you think he will take your weed away from you.
Being a resident and disliking the views of a governor of the opposite political party doesn't equate fear. Especially not this kind of fear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFA7mMX0MY
Someone who goes around and post about various elections in states they don't even reside in or know much about should know about fear. Especially when they mostly post nonsense.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
To play devil's advocate here, the thread is about whether we'd vote for a Muslim for president. I wouldn't vote for a conservative for president, so for present purposes at least, I would say the "fear" of the two are comparable.

The salient difference is that Muslims are a miniscule minority and Christian conservatives almost half the country, although declining little by little.
There is an even bigger difference - Muslims, what you call a miniscule minority, are more powerful in changing the government than Christians ever were. The purging of anti-Muslim language from training manuals removing so-called "offensive" language that they deem to be anti-Muslim was done on insistence of Muslims and by agreement between Muslim leaders and our own government.
Did CIA Meet With CAIR to Purge Anti-Muslim Training Material? It

That, there, is power. Christians aren't even allowed to keep the word "God" visible, and are required to cover over their crosses or remove them.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:34 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,296 times
I'd rather vote for a ham sandwich.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
I'd rather vote for a ham sandwich.
Or a BLT.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:36 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There is an even bigger difference - Muslims, what you call a miniscule minority, are more powerful in changing the government than Christians ever were. The purging of anti-Muslim language from training manuals removing so-called "offensive" language that they deem to be anti-Muslim was done on insistence of Muslims and by agreement between Muslim leaders and our own government.
Did CIA Meet With CAIR to Purge Anti-Muslim Training Material? It
Even if this completely true--which seems at least questionable given the source--how does it affect my life in any way?

Quote:
Christians aren't even allowed to keep the word "God" visible, and are required to cover over their crosses or remove them.
What Christians, where, doing what? I see Christian paraphernalia when I go to certain people's cubicles at the state Human Services department, so I suspect you are recycling RW urban mythology. Or that you don't understand why a huge Ten Commandments monument, for instance, doesn't belong in a courthouse.

Old 10-16-2014, 05:37 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
When Muslims stop committing terrorist acts around the world and join us in the 21st century then I may vote for a Muslim. Until then, hell no

Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Even if this completely true--which seems at least questionable given the source--how does it affect my life in any way?

What Christians, where, doing what? I see Christian paraphernalia when I go to certain people's cubicles at DHS, so I suspect you are recycling RW urban mythology.
Ineffective attempt to deflect. People's cubicles? What is that.

You ignore all that has been in the news. But that's OT. I was responding to your post in which
you said that Muslims are a miniscule minority and Christian conservatives almost half the country.

The power Muslims wield with our gov't is astounding. But, then, what else would we expect with the Brotherhood in high places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies