Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:20 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Massage View Post
yes i would, im not a racist, im white female, but white people are not the only people that can be president, Next it will be, will you vote for a women or a African American or a Latin or Asian, A person is not good or bad because there skin is white or black, christian or Muslims, But what is in a persons heart!!!!!k
Let's not vote on what's in a person's heart, it's about their commitment to America and The People!

Voting for a President is not like voting for Mother of the Year.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
SCOTUS. period. a 5-4 ruling means S C O T U S.....

thats just how easy it is for some insane idea to be "found" in the constitution.
abortion and corporate people FOUND in the constitution why? because 5 black robed people... found it....
Actually, they ....found it....in a mountain of precedent. We have been treating corporations as "people" for tax purposes pretty much since we started taxing corporations. The court essentially said that since corporations are treated as people for tax purposes, and that they are subject to laws which govern how they operate, that they have a right to participate in the political process.

MY point is that the legislature and liberal justices argued that there is a distinction between people and corporations, and that it is therefore reasonable to place restrictions on the degree and manner in which corporations participate in the political process. It was the conservative justices who didn't agree with that argument.

A 5-4 ruling can often mean that the ruling will be overturned in the future if a shift in the balance on the Supreme Court happens.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
All the other possibilities you mentioned, aside from a Muslim, are perfectly acceptable to me.
Well that's your problem. Most people with a sane brain understand a president's religion isn't a deciding factor in their vote.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:26 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well that's your problem. Most people with a sane brain understand a president's religion isn't a deciding factor in their vote.
Yeah, we'd have to be insane not to want a Muslim president.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:29 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Again, that's your problem if a muslim president is so horrifying to you.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Obviously, it depends on the particular muslim. Just as it depended on the particular catholic. Or the particular baptist, or white man, or (party of your choosing). Or the particular black person. Or would depend on the individual jew, or woman, or ...

Have you heard anyone here, anyone at all, saying that yes, they can't wait to vote for a gay-stoning, buddha-defacing, pro-burka imam?

Old 10-15-2014, 06:06 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
An atheist and member of the LBGT community will become president long before a muslim ever will in this country. At least I hope so, if it came down to that.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:19 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Obviously, it depends on the particular muslim. Just as it depended on the particular catholic. Or the particular baptist, or white man, or (party of your choosing). Or the particular black person. Or would depend on the individual jew, or woman, or ...

Have you heard anyone here, anyone at all, saying that yes, they can't wait to vote for a gay-stoning, buddha-defacing, pro-burka imam?
How do you know a particular Muslim is trustworthy enough to be president? Would you believe what he says? Did you ever hear the joke: How do you know a politician is lying? (A: His lips are moving.) You should read their holy book and you should see the actions of Muslim terrorists worldwide who are devoted to spreading Islam. I would find the actions of Muslims as a group more telling that whatever vacuous words a Muslim politician could speak.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:27 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Default Can not be trusted.

No, no ,no and absolutely not.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:03 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
An atheist and member of the LBGT community will become president long before a muslim ever will in this country. At least I hope so, if it came down to that.
I'm an atheist and I would no more vote for Karl Rove, an atheist, than I would vote for Pat Robertson.

The reason we won't have a Muslim president soon is that Muslims are such a microscopic proportion of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies