Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 09:12 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I find myself in agreement with you. The panic is completely unnecessary and only uses up resources.
Resources better spent . . . .

developing clean incinerators?

Self-disinfecting and reusable PPE?

Will the private sector begin hiring chemists and engineers?

I have an idea - take liberal wimmim and make them wear an eye patch over their right eye so that they perceive through their left eye, thereby stimulating their right brain to better able them to comprehend the hard sciences!

Metallic protective gear can be "cleaned" electronically.

So can animals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 09:13 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Priorities, priorities, it's all about your chosen priorities. "Give me your weak, your tired, your poor" were words your country actually lived by for generations of accepting people from all over the world. They were subject to a quarantine period on Ellis Island during tuberculosis threat years but you still accepted them.

Now you think nothing of condemning thousands of your best and brightest young men and women to die overseas through some military action or another with questionable motives and what that does to your economy and debt load, but instead, whine like a five dollar leaf blower over ONE guy entering your country with a communicable disease. You call yourselves a nation founded upon Christian principles at every possible opportunity; here's just another opportunity.

Quarantine centers perhaps, but possibly denying your own citizens rights of return if coming through a hot zone? C'mon get a grip!

You were silent when your media and government were feeding you bullcrap and suggesting military intervention over some hypothetical threat from ISIS in the mid-east while both entities were ignoring or downplaying the threat to those other brown people way over there in a country that neither shives-a-git over because it doesn't have any oil.

"The land of the free and home of the brave" people.......remember?
I've never advocated military intervention anywhere.

So try some different stereotype and some more platitudes.

You want the west African Ebola patients, you take care of them.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:17 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
My very own personal doctor is from West Africa
I see him very month and will see him next week
he travels over to visit his family every few months
I will continue to see my doctor that I trust
I will not being warring a mask and gloves LOL
in Atlanta I also know several folks from West Africa I am not fearful to be around them
it is the loonies like our government that I fear!!! LOL
Taking the precautionary step of making yourself aware of the hazards by consulting authoritative sources of information rather than the pandering and prejudiced news media, would be advised.

There is a vast difference between being wilfully ignorant and simply among the misinformed.

Your nation has faced many challenges over hundreds of years and managed to prevail regardless of the early missteps taken.

The benefit or value of Texas Presby. Hospital's example of mistake to the rest of the world is incalculable in it's ultimate effect to all medical providers reviewing and ramping up for the arrival of their first threat. Imagine other's taking the position of "wow they did everything we thought would be appropriate but missed only a couple of little steps.......we need to review our protocols ASAP!"

Texas Presby. perhaps unwittingly, has done the western word a great service by showing all of us how very precise we need to be in preparation for this.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Autoclaves and bleach definitely a buy order.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:18 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,794,799 times
Where is Dr. Nicole Lurie, the REAL Ebola Czar? Why is she missing in actions?

How come Obama didn't even know he already had an ebola czar, and went and appointed long time political hack Ron Klain as the anti ebola czar. That's an attempt at humor, btw. Anti pope, anti ebola czar. Ha ha.

Lest anyone has forgotten, Ron Klain ran point of the Solyndra giveaway which led to that scandal.

Klain, btw, reports to Susan Rice. Cant wait to hear her blame ebola panic on a youtube video.

Once again., the gang that couldnt shoot straight missed the target leaving us with political hacks in charge. Blue Ribbon Commission, anyone?

Old 10-18-2014, 09:19 AM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
We had a long meeting yesterday and I felt reassured. However the PPE while evolving is still inadequate.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Where is Dr. Nicole Lurie, the REAL Ebola Czar? Why is she missing in actions?

How come Obama didn't even know he already had an ebola czar, and went and appointed long time political hack Ron Klain as the anti ebola czar. That's an attempt at humor, btw. Anti pope, anti ebola czar. Ha ha.

Lest anyone has forgotten, Ron Klain ran point of the Solyndra giveaway which led to that scandal.

Klain, btw, reports to Susan Rice. Cant wait to hear her blame ebola panic on a youtube video.

Once again., the gang that couldnt shoot straight missed the target leaving us with political hacks in charge. Blue Ribbon Commission, anyone?

The lack of leadership in this administration is dumbfounding.
Any little "situation" and people scramble to go into hiding while Obama looks for a scapegoat..I mean "czar".

Old 10-18-2014, 09:24 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I've never advocated military intervention anywhere.

So try some different stereotype and some more platitudes.

You want the west African Ebola patients, you take care of them.
And how vocal were you in resisting military intervention, as compared to this issue?

Yeah; my bad, I stereotyped you as a caring and advanced nation founded on those principles of compassion for the disenfranchised.

Oh, so now they're just platitudes..... good to know.

Did you just gloss over the possibility of you denying your own citizens re-entry or would that be just another collateral effect.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:25 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The lack of leadership in this administration is dumbfounding.
Any little "situation" and people scramble to go into hiding while Obama looks for a scapegoat..I mean "czar".
Heat shield.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Only America has open borders.
Really?

Better tell that to Europe, Asia, Australia, South America and northern Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies