Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 07:37 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post

Breaking News:

Dallas medical worker on Cruise is showing signs of the Ebola:

Belize Confirms Patient With Ebola Symptoms On Cruise Ship Off Its Coast
Other stories report the passenger is a lab supervisor at the Dallas hospital. She has not demonstrated any symptoms. CDC asked that she and her traveling companion be quarantined.

Be aware that the non- lethal norovirus is common in schools, nursing homes and on cruise ships. When there is an outbreak on a cruise ship in the Carribean, many foreign ports decline to allow passengers to disembark.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-18-2014 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 07:40 AM

28,962 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You see, we just don't know that. The MSM has protected this administration for so long it's an ingrained habit with them...it's easy to think they haven't been alarmist enough. One thing is for sure, the public is deeply uncomfortable with the president's response to all this. Trust in the office of the president is a fragile thing, and Obama abused it badly to force Obamacare down our throats.

This is an interesting article about the press and the politics of Ebola - The Nightmarish Politics of Ebola, Part 2 - The New Yorker
Its not this administration, this has been going on for many years, however, this particular administration has been very openly stupid about showing it....

Obamacare can wipe out Americans, but there are so many people in this nation who feel they should have something for nothing and don't want to work for anything, so they live off of tax dollars...and that is what the Obama Administration got high off of....they prey on weak, uneducated people who will vote for change and freebees at the drop of a hat. It is in fact to their advantage. I have friends who know nothing nor care nothing about politics, they simply vote for the party their parents voted for and if you try and teach them they stare at you blankly? They don't want to hear it....they are to lazy to care.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,063,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Things to consider... thanks!

Also, I'll throw this into the mix, if someone hasn't done so already...

Is Obama intentionally ignoring the threat of an Ebola outbreak in the United States? Indeed, he could be, according to noted Psychiatrist, Dr. Keith Ablow.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...eak-why-obama-...

"I believe the president may literally believe we should suffer along with less fortunate nations. And if he does, that is a very dangerous psychological stance from which to confront Ebola." --Dr. Ablow
Well I can find people who believe the moon is made out of cheese and scientists who believe the WTC building were rigged with explosives.
I am not a fan of President Obama but this is just non fact based opinions.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The 63 year old passenger had severe chest pains and had been vomiting. He had a fatal heart attack during the flight. This passenger may or may not have been a US citizen.

WHO declares a country Ebola free after 42 days of no Ebola. Nigeria has achieved this state.

Nigeria is the economic engine of Africa with direct/ non- stop flight to all major countries, all over the world.
Asia, Europe and US corporations have significant financial interests in Nigeria.
He didn't have Ebola.

Ebola ruled out as passenger dies on Nigeria flight to JFK | New York Post

Old 10-17-2014, 08:08 AM

17,453 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You insist on being disingenuous. We know there are no direct flights from these countries. We are saying cancel their visas. They won't be able to board a connecting flight to Europe without it.

At the end of day neither you or the administration has come up with a reason why Americans should risk keeping travel between the affected countries and US open. At least reasons that put American safety first.
She is not being "disingenuous" -- she already posted that Duncan got his Tourist Visa back in August, so she is fully aware that you MUST have a Tourist Visa to get on a plane to the USA.

This is the Fairy Tale that Team Obama and the CDC keep repeating - they seem to think that none of the American people ever travel to other countries. You can't get on the plane when your final destination is a Foreign country if you don't have a Passport/Visa. PERIOD. There is one country I fly to fairly regularly - I can't get on the plane in the USA if my Passport is due to expire in 6 months or less.
That's the "rule" for that particular country. The public is pretty stupid or we would not have this bunch of incompetents running the ship ..... but most of us know about Passports/Visas.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You insist on being disingenuous. We know there are no direct flights from these countries. We are saying cancel their visas. They won't be able to board a connecting flight to Europe without it.

At the end of day neither you or the administration has come up with a reason why Americans should risk keeping travel between the affected countries and US open. At least reasons that put American safety first.
I have no issue with suspending visas. Doing so would be evidence of " doing something" and make people feel better and calm their fears.

It also has the potential to create a serious false sense of security because Ebola does not check passports before attaching to a host. Many seem to think all that is necessary is to keep " these people" out of the US and all will be well. They seem to forget that people from the US and all over the world continue to travel to/ from the hot zone. So long as there are commercial flights to/from Brussels and Cassablanca to the hot zone there will be a higher degree of potential exposure.

There is no way of knowing who may have come in contact with the bodily fluids of someone who recently travelled out of the hot zone and then travels.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:15 AM

13,465 posts, read 9,978,156 times
Quote:
I have no issue with suspending visas. Doing so would be evidence of " doing something" and make people feel better and calm their fears.

It also has the potential to create a serious false sense of security because Ebola does not check passports before attaching to a host. Many seem to think all that is necessary is to keep " these people" out of the US and all will be well. They seem to forget that people from the US and all over the world continue to travel to/ from the hot zone. So long as there are commercial flights from Brussels and Cassablanca to the hot zone there will be a higher degree of potential exposure.

There is no way of knowing who may have come in contact with the bodily fluids of someone who recently travelled out of the hot zone and then travels.
Yes. In addition, the US consulate issuing said visas still has the power to deny them, based on any reason they choose, and I don't see that they have to give visas to anyone, and I'm going to go out on a lovely Fall limb here and suggest that they just may be using that discretion a little more liberally at this juncture. Without having to "officially" declare a travel ban and deal with whatever diplomatic and other consequences that may provoke.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 AM

28,962 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:

It also has the potential to create a serious false sense of security because Ebola does not check passports before attaching to a host. Many seem to think all that is necessary is to keep " these people" out of the US and all will be well. They seem to forget that people from the US and all over the world continue to travel to/ from the hot zone. So long as there are commercial flights to/from Brussels and Cassablanca to the hot zone there will be a higher degree of potential exposure.

I believe it is evident, that all flights in and out of the Hot Zone be canceled until this thing is in check....and that is what we've been calling for since this started....
I believe people realize, that it is only effective if you ban flights in and out of a county.....

Old 10-17-2014, 08:21 AM

Just announced, Ron Klain named Ebola Czar.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:30 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,027,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yes. In addition, the US consulate issuing said visas still has the power to deny them, based on any reason they choose, and I don't see that they have to give visas to anyone, and I'm going to go out on a lovely Fall limb here and suggest that they just may be using that discretion a little more liberally at this juncture. Without having to "officially" declare a travel ban and deal with whatever diplomatic and other consequences that may provoke.
Sounds like we are EXPEDITING visas from ebola stricken countries:

Doug Ross @ Journal: VIRAL SUICIDE: Obama DHS Now EXPEDITING Visa Requests From Ebola-Infected Countries

SHOCK REPORT: Obama DHS Expediting Visa Requests From Ebola-Infected Countries | The Gateway Pundit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies