Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 12:10 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times

Advertisements

I'm amazed Obama is talking about sending the National Guard to Africa.

I wonder at what point the Military will stop taking orders from the Commander in Chief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 12:12 PM

1,013 posts, read 910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
One could say the same thing about just about any hospital in the world, if the walk in was not forthcoming about their travels. In this case, Duncan was forthcoming. No one connected the dots. It's possible that if Duncan arrived on an earlier or later shift dots might have been connected.

A huge lesson for all hospitals here and around the world.

Had Duncan or his GF advocated for themselves and mentioned the dreaded E word, the outcome might have been different. Ignorance? Denial? Fear? Who knows?

On the flip side, a woman in DC vomits in a Pentagon parking lot and lies about having recently traveled to West Africa and all hell broke loose. No telling what motivated this.
hmm the best choice for all west African people = all go to Washington DC first instead of other states.
lets have Washington DC be the main quarantine area of the country instead.

since they have such good response after all.

thanks washington

in other news

HIV drug
lamivudine helps cure ebola 70% mortality to 13.33% instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11R3YHQv3Y4

patent expired 2010-2011 meaning generics

mainly because ebola seems like a deadlier version of HIV

but http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-from-70-to-7
also thinks it may be something else as well.
as the drug shouldn't be having great effects in curing the virus

as was said though they made bad calculations 2/15 = 13.33% not 7%.
I have some doubts about the drug but would not hurt to try it.

Last edited by gen811; 10-18-2014 at 12:41 PM..

Old 10-18-2014, 12:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

See - this is one of the things that irritates and worries me about Ebola in the US.
It's happening all over Europe and to a lesser extent, Canada, too.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:16 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The people will still arrive regardless of your silly embargo, as you have no way of stopping them from flying in or arriving by boat perhaps having shaken hands three days prior with someone with the illness during a poker game in lower slobbovia
yeah, you might have something there. Why bother with any "silly" rules/laws of any kind because we can't achieve utopia with them. So let's take your concept/idea to everything and end the farce and pretty much have no laws, boundaries, or rules? Murderers? Geez, people are going to murder anyways, so why bother with "silly" laws for those who murder....or rape....people who steal things.....speed.....drive drunk...embezzle...kidnap.....on and on and on. Why bother.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:20 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
hmm the best choice for all west African people = all go to Washington DC first instead of other states.
lets have Washington DC be the main quarantine area of the country instead.

since they have such good response after all.

thanks washington

in other news

HIV drug
lamivudine helps cure ebola 70% mortality to 7% instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11R3YHQv3Y4

patent expired 2010-2011 meaning generics

mainly because ebola seems like a deadlier version of HIV
I always wondered why they don't try protease inhibitors against more viruses. I'm surprised that lamivudine works on ebola since it's not a retrovirus.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
BS he lied his way into the country, then and only then did he start alluding to his travel in Ebolaland. Had he stated I had been caring for Ebola victims and was in contact with those that died from ebola I might have Ebola, his now dead ass would have been taken care of immediately most likely.
Were you personally acquainted with Duncan?

No one knows what he knew about Ebola. Millions in these infected countries believe they can pray it away.

According to the cab driver, everyone thought the pregnant girl was in the process of a miscarriage and maybe she was. They dismissed blood on her lips as biting her lip in pain.

Ebola and Malaria have similar initial symptoms. Malaria is rampant in Liberia.

No one knows if Duncan knew the pregnant girl died of Ebola, given the cause of death was undetermined when he departed.

He disclosed in the ER he had recently traveled in Liberia/West Africa. He did not help the ER and say something along the lines of " you know, Malaria and Ebola". Why not? Ignorance? Denial? Fear?

Old 10-18-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Do you have a source that shows that this waste was allowed to pile up in the hallways and wards at Texas Presbyterian?
I think " the nurse all over CNN, said..."

The hospital will say something else.

Somewhere in all this lies the truth.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:40 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It's quite easy to impose a travel ban.

I get that you think other people should enact your ideas at no cost to you.
What you consistently get is only what you desire to get through short-sighted obsessiveness.

Of course it's easy to impose a travel ban just as it's easy to declare the war on terror is won. It's quite another to actually realize success at such an endeavour.

Regardless of whatever course of action is taken, it's inherent and tertiary costs to me will be the same as yours in any case.

Now; how about answering my question about how you'll manage to deny an American citizen access to his own country if he's under an imposed travel ban or are you going to keep evading that little conundrum associated with your knee jerk suggestion?

Old 10-18-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post

So can animals!
CNN had one of the foremost Ebola experts with decades of hands on experience, in Africa, on earlier, this week. CNN used the opportunity to..........ask him about Nurse 1's dog.

He replied "give the dog a bath and all will be well".

First world problems......

In Sierra Leone, people would kill the dog and fight over parsing the raw meat.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Taking the precautionary step of making yourself aware of the hazards by consulting authoritative sources of information rather than the pandering and prejudiced news media, would be advised.

There is a vast difference between being wilfully ignorant and simply among the misinformed.

Your nation has faced many challenges over hundreds of years and managed to prevail regardless of the early missteps taken.

The benefit or value of Texas Presby. Hospital's example of mistake to the rest of the world is incalculable in it's ultimate effect to all medical providers reviewing and ramping up for the arrival of their first threat. Imagine other's taking the position of "wow they did everything we thought would be appropriate but missed only a couple of little steps.......we need to review our protocols ASAP!"

Texas Presby. perhaps unwittingly, has done the western word a great service by showing all of us how very precise we need to be in preparation for this.
I posted last night that this Texas experience was priceless.

It has and will continue to serve as the needed wake-up call for the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies