Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 03:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,245,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How about Obama using an armada of aircraft to fly nearly halfway around the world each year to sit on that beach he likes?

Let me guess, you believe he either bicycles to Hawaii or that the only concern your actually have about climate change is talking about it.
Um, should our Presidents fly coach? That makes no sense.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,245,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And liberals really really don't care about the middle class.....color me shocked.

How many of you morally self righteous leftists who think you're saving the world for future generations have thought through how you're going to power people's homes and fuel their cars and get food transported to their supermarkets in the present generation with green technology not advanced enough yet to handle the load?

And how are you going to control the carbon emissions in all the nations of all the globe? How much does it matter if we fight global warming in America while China, India, and Russia have 1,200 new coal power plants either proposed or currently under construction? They are planning on producing 60% more coal energy than is produced in America.
You are aware the Republicans don't care about the middle class either, right?

The thing that matters is when we have clean air compared the the pollution China is dealing with. I have no interest in seeing us pump more coal pollution into the air just to keep up with the Jones's.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:12 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,198,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
If we believe in the alarmism. It isn't a point of settled fact no matter how much you keep claiming it is.
What IS settled is that the temperature is rising, the ice is melting, CO2 is increasing, and the seas are rising and becoming more acidic, plus the fact that CO2 and methane are greenhouse gasses....These are all known measurable facts.....How about you tell me what is not settled?

Old 10-16-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
First of all, AGW is theory and bad one at that.

Secondly..................what trillions? What cost? The only trillions I see spent is on false science prophesizing the next apocalypse.

Please elucidate.
I find it useless to respond to someone who does not even understand what scientific theory is.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:31 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,780,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The ONLY solution is to drastically reduce the world's population. It was 1 billion in 1900. It's pushing 8 billion today. That, my friend is the problem and we a can thank oil 100% for that rise in numbers.

But we don't want to talk about that do we?
I'll be glad to talk about it.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post

What is your solution? Birth control in our water supplies? Neutron weapons exploded in places where them pesky poor people live? Worldwide?

We could start by ending financial incentives to have children.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No. Don't fly at all for vacation. Millions of people do that.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well, let's apply your rational to industry.

Do you not want industry? If you want industry, does that mean there should be absolutely no emission controls or laws against chemical dumping?

The President needs to fly places. When he goes, he needs to use Airforce One and all the support aircraft. The thing is he does NOT need to go vacation in Hawaii while he is President. If he truly believed AGW was real and wasn't a complete hypocrite, he'd vacation at Camp David.

What is so incredibly hard for you to get about this? I can only assume that you are programmed to never ever criticize the president even when it flies in the face of your supposed environment beliefs.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
NASA, NOOA, The Met all government agencies, all say there has been no global warming for more than this century; they refer to it as a "pause."

So what is you opinion that there is global warming occurring based upon?
There is NO pause...That is nothing but a climate change denier's talking point.
Show me where NASA, NOOA and the Met have stated that there has been no global warming this century....Never mind, I'll do it for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmoYStB-Rzw

Quote:
The most likely explanation for the lack of significant warming at the Earth’s surface in the past decade or so is that natural climate cycles—a series of La Niña events and a negative phase of the lesser-known Pacific Decadal Oscillation—caused shifts in ocean circulation patterns that moved some excess heat into the deep ocean. Even so, recent years have been some of the warmest on record, and scientists expect temperatures will swing back up soon. Why did Earth
Despite slowing of the rate of warming in recent years the first decade of the 21st century (2000 – 2009) is the warmest in the observational record. Even allowing for uncertainties in the observations, each of the last three decades has been markedly warmer than the decade before. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/media/pd...ate_system.PDF

Old 10-16-2014, 03:42 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,667,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No. Don't fly at all for vacation. Millions of people do that.
I truly am being to believe that he can't understand such a simple concept.

Obama could be taking 200 aircraft to Hawaii, and if we criticized that saying the could do it with 8 aircraft, ubranlife would probably say, "So you don't believe he should have a vacation?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies