Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So you think honesty is all on the Republican side of the aisle? None of them have ever lied to us? Really? You sure about that?
Not many politicians, whether D or R, actually admit that lying is an ok tactic to use in an election.

"You do what you need to do to win" promotes and encourages lies and deceit, even though most politicians probably agree with the statement. Obama usually is a smart politician, but this was really stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 07:17 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So you think honesty is all on the Republican side of the aisle? None of them have ever lied to us? Really? You sure about that?
no. we know there are some republicans that lie. in fact there are some republicans in Alabama about to go to jail for thier dishonesty. Kudos to law enforcement for bringing the pain...

Here is the difference. When our guys go sideways, we put them down like the rabid dogs they are.

When your guys go sideways, your side starts screaming things like "morality police!" "THATS RACIST!" "IT DOESNT MATTER!" "YOURABULLY!" or "REPUBLICANS LIE TOO!"

or my all time favorite

"OH YEA, WELL RICHARD THE LION HEART INVADED PALISTINE AND HE WAS A WHITE CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So yea. Barak Obama is a liar, has lied to the American people, advocates fellow democrats lie to the voters about who and what they are for the purpose of getting elected so they can continue to vote for and support the failed policies of this president.... and further they are there to be a bulwark to protect this law skirting thug because that is what the democrat party has become...

And we think that is a terrible thing.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:36 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Honesty is still the best policy.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7210/6...3355404ab9.jpg

Old 10-22-2014, 07:40 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Here is the difference. When our guys go sideways, we put them down like the rabid dogs they are.
If that were true, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney would be indistinguisable from Old Yeller.

They lied about WMD and got us into a war that we'll be in for decades.

Obama "lied" because he failed to acknowledge that even though his legislation (ACA) would allow you to keep your insurance if you liked it, that he had no control over insurance companies dropping your policy so they can rape you for even more money for their shareholders, and their CEO's.

So yeah, both parties lie, but I don't recall anyone being put down like a rabid dog.

I'll end this post the way I end most of mine. Both parties are guilty. I'm not giving the Dems a pass. I honestly believe it's impossible to get to Washington Level Politics without first selling your soul. Applies to both sides.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:54 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Don't worry. Distancing Dems are lying."

"If you didn’t know better, you’d think that President Obama was actually trying to hurt red-state Democrats. First he contradicted the candidates in a dozen Senate races from Alaska to Georgia who claimed his policies weren’t on the ballot. “Make no mistake,” the president said at a campaign stop on Oct. 2, “[his] policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them.” The message: A vote for a Democrat is a vote for his agenda. Pretty bad when the president’s policies are consistently unpopular, right? And viewers are already hearing the line repeated in campaign ads. But Democrats were at least still free to disagree with him and highlight their disagreements. Back in Chicago on Monday, though, Obama closed off even that line of retreat."

So, don't believe those Dems who claim to be backing away from Obama's policies. They are doing it for a reason. They will support him after the election, just the same. They are lying to you.

Shorter Obama: Don
Obama is such a narcissist. When Democrats running for office refuse to publicly agree with and support Obama and his policies, this narcissistic, egomaniac goes out and claims they all agree with and support all of his policies and agenda anyway.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
carved in stone along with other dem quotes

you can keep your doctor

a video was responsible for Benghazi

what does it matter

we have to pass it to see what is in it

guam will tip over

I read it in the paper

I'm not running but the election is about my policies

and now..trumpets......‘You do what you need to do to win........", in summary; lie about our close intimate relationship to fool voters.......Oops! did I say that? See what honesty gets you! mever again!
How about, "I will not raise taxes", oh sorry that was a Republican.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:16 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Lets see, unemployment is at it's lowest level in 14 years. The deficit is shrinking, first time since Clinton. Many of the troops have come home from Bush's "oil wars". But I agree that obamacare is a mess, maybe if he hadn't based it on Romney's idea?

Old 10-22-2014, 08:17 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Don't worry. Distancing Dems are lying."

"If you didn’t know better, you’d think that President Obama was actually trying to hurt red-state Democrats. First he contradicted the candidates in a dozen Senate races from Alaska to Georgia who claimed his policies weren’t on the ballot. “Make no mistake,” the president said at a campaign stop on Oct. 2, “[his] policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them.” The message: A vote for a Democrat is a vote for his agenda. Pretty bad when the president’s policies are consistently unpopular, right? And viewers are already hearing the line repeated in campaign ads. But Democrats were at least still free to disagree with him and highlight their disagreements. Back in Chicago on Monday, though, Obama closed off even that line of retreat."

So, don't believe those Dems who claim to be backing away from Obama's policies. They are doing it for a reason. They will support him after the election, just the same. They are lying to you.

Shorter Obama: Don
Of course they will. That's why I always disagree with people who speak against voting a straight party line.

On both sides of the aisle, the parties have Whips. It is those peoples' jobs to make sure that they get enough votes to pass legislation that the party wants even if the individual politicians don't support the legislation. He does things like tell the Democrat from Texas to go ahead and vote No on drilling restrictions as long as he votes Yes on coal restrictions, then tell the Democrat from West Virginia to go ahead and vote No on coal restrictions as long as he votes Yes on drilling restrictions. So then the Texan can do back to his constituents and say he fought for their oil drilling jobs and the guy from West Virginia can go ahead and say he fought for the coal miners. But meanwhile, both the coal miner and the oil rig worker lost their jobs.

For that reason, never vote for a candidate from the party that advocates something you don't like on the theory "well I don't like the party's position on that issue, but my candidate will fight against it".

This goes for both liberals and conservatives.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:19 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Lets see, unemployment is at it's lowest level in 14 years.
That's another Obama lie. What do you think the Black unemployment rate is ? How about the real out of work rate ?

Just another Obama lie. Nothing he has done has created jobs.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:46 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Lets see, unemployment is at it's lowest level in 14 years. The deficit is shrinking, first time since Clinton. Many of the troops have come home from Bush's "oil wars". But I agree that obamacare is a mess, maybe if he hadn't based it on Romney's idea?

LOL....man the left is going looney today.....

U.S. Federal Deficits, Presidents, and Congress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies