Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,477,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
You mean like these people?

Opinion: Black student defends his Confederate flag – In America - CNN.com Blogs

""I know it's kinda weird because I'm black," Thomas said in an iReport he submitted. "When I look at this flag, I just don't see racism. I see pride, respect. Southern pride, that's what I see."
"Ignorance gave that flag a bad name, ignorant people like the KKK," he told CNN's Don Lemon."

Hoffman: Black Confederates

Buried under the fluttering Confederate flag: Daughter of black slave who fought FOR Southern forces in Civil War is buried, more than 150 years after her father went to war - Georgia Newsday

May I suggest you research the facts before making such false statements.

oh, and I see your status under your username as "Left wing nutjob". That explains much.
Let us also not forget who created the KKK.

Old 10-23-2014, 06:21 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,004,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
For those who are getting worked up what the confederate flag represents and such, how it should be banned from flying, etc., I pose a question:

Have you ever voted for a Democratic Candidate in your life? If yes, do you realize what the Democratic party you voted for once stood for/was perceived as in the past?

The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow. Jim Crow Stories . Democratic Party | PBS

So I ask.....for those worked up over the confederate flag, I trust you will find it difficult to vote for a Democrat party candidate going forward since the party at one point stood for things I think many people who vote Democratic today would be against. And you of course have to hold everyone going forward associated with the party name(ie the symbol) with those past policies as so many people like to do these days with just about everything?

And relax people....I'm not a "team" player, so no attacking me on that one. I think both major parties stink for the most part. I'm a Libertarian.

Amen! And to your last statement.... Amen again!
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies