Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2014, 11:35 AM

7,528 posts, read 11,363,895 times

Advertisements

About this criminal records thing.

Quote:
But other studies show there may be longstanding biases may still be at play. A 2003 study published in the American Journal of Sociology found that black candidates applying for entry-level jobs in Milwaukee were less likely to be called back for an interview than white candidates with criminal records.

The economy’s troubling double standard for black men - The Washington Post

Old 10-25-2014, 11:48 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You can find this problem anywhere, it has nothing to do with being black. It's a huge problem.

Liberal's disrespect for working class is on display all over here. Just look how they hate Palin, because she's a working class person who became governor and VP candidate. They have to scream "ignorant, stupid, uneducated" and every other insult they can find, because the Palins don't attend the right parties, don't drive the right cars, and actually dare co-mingle with other working class people. It offends their sensibilities that someone who they think is of a lesser caste than them would "rule". And, of course, the lesser castes are supposed to bow in worship to them and accept their crumbs of mercy, not "rule" them.

After having denigrated every aspect of working class life and culture and existence (look at the comments they make about someone working in fast food or minimum wage), they wonder why their mentors despise work and drudgery.
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Republicans block small-business tax break on procedural vote - Los Angeles Times

Old 10-25-2014, 12:01 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
It's correlation and causation. Crime rates directly affect businesses' bottom line and the willingness of new businesses to move into an area.

There are two main reasons. Blacks, as a group, have low ability for delayed gratification and poor academic skills. This is shown through mountains of data. As I stated earlier, this is an issue of proportionality, which is what this thread is about.

The average IQ for American Blacks is 85. Only 16 percent of Blacks have an IQ over 100. Knowing this, it should be no surprise that Blacks have many of the problems that they do, including higher unemployment.
All things being equal, twice as many blacks with IQ's over 100 have a difficult problem finding employment than their white counterparts. I am not sure if I got my numbers right but that's still well over a million blacks in America with higher than average intelligence who are not going to find employment. There is still a problem that needs to solved. So what if people score low on IQTest it says nothing about their abilities and how many jobs for the masses is there where you need to have an IQ over 100 for?

Old 10-25-2014, 12:34 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,002 times
Quote:
It's correlation and causation. Crime rates directly affect businesses' bottom line and the willingness of new businesses to move into an area.
That's not the question of interest. Why crime?

Quote:
There are two main reasons. Blacks, as a group, have low ability for delayed gratification and poor academic skills. This is shown through mountains of data. As I stated earlier, this is an issue of proportionality, which is what this thread is about.
Why? You seem to not be interested in why.

Quote:
The average IQ for American Blacks is 85. Only 16 percent of Blacks have an IQ over 100. Knowing this, it should be no surprise that Blacks have many of the problems that they do, including higher unemployment.
I don't believe that, either.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:46 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
That's not the question of interest. Why crime?

Why? You seem to not be interested in why.

I don't believe that, either.
That's a useless response. Whether you believe it or not, it's still the truth. if you're not willing to address known facts, then this is a pointless discussion.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:55 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
3 I am not sure if I got my numbers right but that's still well over a million blacks in America with higher than average intelligence who are not going to find employment. There is still a problem that needs to solved. So what if people score low on IQTest it says nothing about their abilities and how many jobs for the masses is there where you need to have an IQ over 100 for?
I've never seen any statistics to support that assertion. Blacks, as a group have double the unemployment numbers over Whites, but that's accounting for the whole group, not just Blacks with IQs over 100.

And IQ is an important factor in employment as numerous studies have shown that a higher IQ is strongly correlated with qualities that an employer desires. A person with an IQ under 100 isn't well suited for management or technical jobs.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
More blacks starting businesses isn't going to cure racism but it will increase employment opportunities for blacks.
It can if racism isnt really racism, but a lack of respect for people in different economic categories than their own.

We see the left demonize people all the time showing this is true.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:20 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
I've never seen any statistics to support that assertion. Blacks, as a group have double the unemployment numbers over Whites, but that's accounting for the whole group, not just Blacks with IQs over 100.

And IQ is an important factor in employment as numerous studies have shown that a higher IQ is strongly correlated with qualities that an employer desires. A person with an IQ under 100 isn't well suited for management or technical jobs.
IQ is not an important factor. Remember it's just a test score. I once had a job transporting young men to trade school. They were high school drops outs and probably couldn't pass any kind test or for that matter read real well. Despite their poor performance on a test, they can build a house. All unemployed people black or white are not looking for jobs as some ones boss or a job wearing a pocket protector. What kind of jobs are getting moved to China? The unemployment problem would go a way if it were indeed a problem that could be solved by calling it a social problem. Every one can be motivated to work but every one is not going to respond to a carrot.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 10-25-2014 at 02:30 PM..

Old 10-25-2014, 02:40 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Bad work ethics
Bad attitude
Bad education

Old 10-25-2014, 02:44 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
Not really. In the real world it would depend on which one
is the best dress and gives you the best lasting impression.

And if that "lasting impression" is that this person has a lawyer on speed-dial, I'll have to move on to other candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies