Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 01:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
There is a civil war coming? Obviously I assume you are talking about the new mid season drama on NBC called Civil War that starts this January, right?
If it's on NBC, it will be a very short war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 01:39 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,239,538 times
I don't think there could be a civil war. For the most part people are OK with other people no matter how much the media and our Gov. want to whip up the race issue every chance they get and put labels on everyone. The real problem is the federal gov. mandating and leaning on the individual states to bend to their will. The feds are over stepping their bounds in many ways in the name of PC Politics and securing Future Votes.
I foresee possible skirmishes but all out battles no. The battles will be fought in courts of law and as always the middle and lower class will bear the brunt of the rulings.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:44 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Oh yeah,I remember them well...I received two Purple Hearts defending the honor of Pepsi... Bacardi 151 was mixed in the fray and backed me up of course.
I spent two years in a POW camp where they forced me to take the Pepsi Challenge five times a day--it was straight out of "The Deer Hunter".

Old 10-23-2014, 01:45 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So the OP is a leftie? Interesting.
The topic of the thread was upcoming civil war . My post was about a op who brought in Fox News . Fox News attacks come from the left

Old 10-23-2014, 01:52 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Have you read history?

Oppression happens in every society, from the beginning of time.
Enough people get tired of the bully, it's on.
Even you eventually get tired of being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and what to do it with.
I work for myself,don't much like the Conservation Officers telling me what to do,but hey..I guess enough fish IS enough fish and as for bullying ME? Leave my wife out of this discussion please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I spent two years in a POW camp where they forced me to take the Pepsi Challenge five times a day--it was straight out of "The Deer Hunter".
Lmao..more Apocalypse Now for me....everytime I hear "Sympathy for the Devil" I roll up in a ball and cry.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:54 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Sometimes it seems a civil war may break out in the USA. I dont know if it would be geographic or race related, perhaps inner city fighting or against the government.
What needs to happen in this country to stop a coming civil war?
As long as Americans have DirecTV and 4000 calories per day to stuff their faces with, there will be no war.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:59 PM

265 posts, read 402,432 times
The only way there will be a civil war here is if people can download the app for it.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:01 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
No Civil War. Just a few trigger happy conservatives that are sick of being wrong about everything.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:05 PM

553 posts, read 595,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Sometimes it seems a civil war may break out in the USA. I dont know if it would be geographic or race related, perhaps inner city fighting or against the government.
What needs to happen in this country to stop a coming civil war?
It wouldn't be long at all, and we'll hardly need to fire a shot. All we need to do is set up roadblocks around the cities. Within two weeks they'll be out of food and by the end of the third week they'll be engulfed in rioting and canibalism. They'll be BEGGING the Redneck Militias to come in and restore order.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If it's on NBC, it will be a very short war.
Haha, yeah it would probably have one good season and then just get weird on the second until everyone stops watching it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies