Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:07 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Well said

Like you said, the fact is that the demographics have changed and we (the GOP) are going to have to either adapt to the new realities or we will have permanent Democratic Party rule at the Federal level.

I would rather have a candidate who is 60% conservative and can win elections than someone who is 100% conservative and alienates 2/3 of the electorate.
Please describe how this demographic change came about and just how far our politicians should go to gain their votes. Should it include thumbing their noses at our immigration laws for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 08:15 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
This I'll say: thats a damning indictment of "Hispanics" IF most of them want amnesty for illegal aliens here in the US.

OTOH: us anglo whites are still the BIG majority here; and, with Obama being damaged goods, the odds are real high the Repubs will win in a week AND the ball towards ending birthright AND coming down HARD on illegal aliens really starts rolling.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:19 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Neither party wants to touch this issue and the citizens pay the price.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
snj90"What is a 60% conservative supposed to accomplish?"

More than the 100% non-conservs that now own the office of POTUS..via the Blue Wall

Old 10-28-2014, 09:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
snj90"What is a 60% conservative supposed to accomplish?"

More than the 100% non-conservs that now own the office of POTUS..via the Blue Wall
More of what?

"Conservative" politicians have largely sold their allegiance to big business and globalism. The American people don't really factor into it. Most people are blind to the fact that the "opposition" in this country is controlled opposition. All the major news networks are controlled by the same group of people. The greedy banksters and assorted financial criminals. They're all but eliminating opposition to massive Third World immigration, as the OP demonstrates. They're misdirecting Americans who realize something's gravely wrong towards jingoists, neo-cons, lackeys for Zionism and endless wars for Israel on the right-wing side, and support for massive invasion via Third World immigration on the left-wing side. Both sides serve the same masters. And no one seems to get it.

So I ask again, what will a "60% conservative" get us when we are well on our way to failed state status? I'm afraid the controlled opposition to Obama's dystopian America is not enough.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:11 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This I'll say: thats a damning indictment of "Hispanics" IF most of them want amnesty for illegal aliens here in the US.

OTOH: us anglo whites are still the BIG majority here; and, with Obama being damaged goods, the odds are real high the Repubs will win in a week AND the ball towards ending birthright AND coming down HARD on illegal aliens really starts rolling.
"Ending birthright" would take enacting a constitutional amendment, and there's absolutely no chance of that happening. Quit dreaming.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
"Ending birthright" would take enacting a constitutional amendment, and there's absolutely no chance of that happening. Quit dreaming.
No it wouldn't take an amendment. All that has to happen is for the Supreme Court to re-visit the original documents and their intent and re-interpret it as it was meant to be. It appears it is your dream to keep it as it is now while it is a patriotic American's nightmare allowing this scam to continue. I wouldn't take any bets that in the not too distant future that the above won't happen.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:35 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No it wouldn't take an amendment. All that has to happen is for the Supreme Court to re-visit the original documents and their intent and re-interpret it as it was meant to be. It appears it is your dream to keep it as it is now while it is a patriotic American's nightmare allowing this scam to continue. I wouldn't take any bets that in the not too distant future that the above won't happen.
From what I've read on this issue, it looks to me that you're depending upon the legal equivalent of a Hail Mary Pass. There are plenty of conservative legal scholars who say that this is settled law. The first question is whether the Republican leadership and the Republican establishment would support it for passage. I doubt it.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
From what I've read on this issue, it looks to me that you're depending upon the legal equivalent of a Hail Mary Pass. There are plenty of conservative legal scholars who say that this is settled law. The first question is whether the Republican leadership and the Republican establishment would support it for passage. I doubt it.
It's never been presented before the Supreme Court before so it's never been settled law just presumed. Actually, there are a few Republicans that have formed bills to do just that but you know politics. Have to be PC these days in spite of what it does to our country.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Uh; even Ireland ended birthright, why not the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies