Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:18 PM

366 posts, read 452,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
20 year old female would be the obvious choice. None of the others provide any assets, but at least she could make babies so as to repopulate the world. Sounds like she is hot, too, and that is always a plus.
Even if she provides no actual labor? Also, what about the doctor? Do you want the wild card?

Old 10-29-2014, 04:23 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Looks like you picked good samples from both GOP and Dem. parties. If one wants to keep the human species alive your going to need good breading stock. So that makes # 3 and # 6 good choices.

#3 offers some intelligence but he can't see sh*t, including the opinions he doesn't already have. That won't hurt him when he is paired with number six. He has the experience and has proven he's fertile and won't mind forcing his intentions and affections on anyone. He may be conflicted by his need to decide what goes on in everyone's bedroom and his desire to keep others out of his. But not a major issue because if admitted to the bedroom of others he couldn't see anything anyway.

#6 sounds like she is guided more by emotion and is really living the dream when she is offered the opportunity to model the apocalyptic rags of fashionable lingerie on her wedding night. She knows if she can smoke enough weed she will get through it, relying on, when the honeymoon is over and reviewed, the worst sexual experience is simply wonderful and the man has half the blame even if he did all the work.

Old 10-29-2014, 04:25 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
i would pass on all of them, i can survive and I don't want anyone to hold me back

Old 10-29-2014, 05:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
Even if she provides no actual labor? Also, what about the doctor? Do you want the wild card?
The doctor is mentally ill. Do you want a mentally ill doctor with no access to meds on your team? The choices are all contrived. Given these choices, which are totally made up, I'm going with the 20=yr-old. What is your pick, and what are your reasons?

Old 10-29-2014, 05:18 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
You and your post apocalyptic group are walking down the street when suddenly you meet a group of 6. Their food supplies are running out and they ask to join you. Due to your own supply issues you may only pick 2 of them and the rest will starve and die.
None of them.

I will look for 2 people:

A farmer and a soldier.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:41 PM

366 posts, read 452,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The doctor is mentally ill. Do you want a mentally ill doctor with no access to meds on your team? The choices are all contrived. Given these choices, which are totally made up, I'm going with the 20=yr-old. What is your pick, and what are your reasons?
I'll go with 1,2, and 7. They're well educated and possess useful talents (the ability to form a system of laws, the ability to lead/take inventory, and the doctor (who's symptoms are lessened by his colleagues) can provide the ability to deal with injuries and diagnose diseases.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:20 PM

29,498 posts, read 14,656,154 times
#3 would be the only decent choice. He's young, had to have worked hard to get where he was having a family at that age. Sounds like he would be serious and have some common sense, with some luck he has read some of those books and have some decent knowledge.

Being nice and smart isn't going to do jack for you, and who cares about 25 years of management experience, again what will that do for you? All it tells me is they either conform or negotiate niether is going to help you survive. You need people to think out of the box and on their feet. People that do more than just use words.
#4 or 5 could become useful, maybe...if not leave them behind.

The rest are just dead wieght and would probably be the death of us. #7 would be a serious risk for anyone involved. To bad though his skills would be useful.

With some of the answers I've seen here not too many will make it if the SHTF...

Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
What few people realize, is that the skills to be a 'survivor' without our specialization in skills requires a skill set that VERY few have. Do you know how to heat a home without electricity? Can you get drinkable water without the power grid operating? Do you have any idea how to produce the food you need, preserve it for winter?

Can you fix broken things that are vital? Or find ways to do without them?

Do you have basic mechanical, construction, survival skills?

If not, your dependency is 100%. Nobody in the list had ANY of those skills.

I would just RUN away from all of them. And toward those who have still lived where and how they needed them. Those people will survive and thrive.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:29 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
#6. Claimed. Does she have a friend?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:30 PM

29,498 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
What few people realize, is that the skills to be a 'survivor' without our specialization in skills requires a skill set that VERY few have. Do you know how to heat a home without electricity? Can you get drinkable water without the power grid operating? Do you have any idea how to produce the food you need, preserve it for winter?

Can you fix broken things that are vital? Or find ways to do without them?

Do you have basic mechanical, construction, survival skills?

If not, your dependency is 100%. Nobody in the list had ANY of those skills.

I would just RUN away from all of them. And toward those who have still lived where and how they needed them. Those people will survive and thrive.

Exactly ...I'll be befriending the Amish group that live near our cabin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies