Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 10:21 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I have my reasons to believe the election was rigged.

Yes possibly rigged by Karl Rove except ANONYMOUS stopped it.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:59 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Which republicans did that?
Please. Bush had all this same crap happen and I don't recall him complaining or declaring a large part of the country as the enemy.
Exactly. I would say Bush endured more than Obama has, because he is STILL being blamed for things that aren't his fault. And yet, he handled and is still handling it with grace. He has had opportunities to comment on Obama's performance and he has the class to decline to do so. That's something Obama doesn't have and doesn't understand.

And I am so sick of people making it a racial thing. It is so NOT racial. I don't care what color Obama was, I would not agree with his policies.

Condi Rice actually went off about this very thing last week - about people being called racist if they don't agree with Obama. It's ridiculous. I would really love for Condi to run for president.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:00 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post

Condi Rice actually went off about this very thing last week - about people being called racist if they don't agree with Obama. It's ridiculous. I would really love for Condi to run for president.
She doesn't have time. Shoe shopping.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I remember how much Republicans hated Bill Clinton throughout his entire eight years. Now they tout him as bipartisan. I guess memories are short but mine isn't.
I didn't like Clinton's policies, but he didn't act like a dictator/king the way Obama does. Obama doesn't get the part about this being a Republic, and the power being in the hands of the people, not the king. He hates it when people don't want what he wants - and threatens to use executive orders to get what he wants. That's wrong, wrong, wrong, and not how this country is supposed to be run.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
She doesn't have time. Shoe shopping.
That would be Michelle Obama, I think.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I didn't like Clinton's policies, but he didn't act like a dictator/king the way Obama does.
No, Republicans called him a sexual predator then. Never mind that Newt was cheating on his wife, Henry Hyde had cheated on his, Bob Livingston cheated on his and even Mark Sanford voted to impeach.

See, every time Republicans demonize the current Democratic president, they try to say an older one was okay but this one is bad. When it was Clinton, Republicans said they loved JFK.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
No, Republicans called him a sexual predator then. Never mind that Newt was cheating on his wife, Henry Hyde had cheated on his, Bob Livingston cheated on his and even Mark Sanford voted to impeach.

See, every time Republicans demonize the current Democratic president, they try to say an older one was okay but this one is bad. When it was Clinton, Republicans said they loved JFK.
OMG. How ridiculous is this? I can just IMAGINE what they would have done to Bush if he had been having a sexual relationship with an intern in the White House - or with anyone other than his wife, for that matter. If you could have found any impropriety on Bush's part, he would have been dragged through the mud over it.

What Republicans said they loved JFK? I think he was a jerk for being a serial adulterer. Of course, at the time people didn't know that was going on. If they had, I am guessing a lot of people's opinions of him would have changed.

Clinton WAS a sexual predator.

I don't think it's okay for anyone to cheat. If you are President of the United States, though, taking advantage of a young intern and IN THE OVAL OFFICE, shows total disrespect to our country and the office of the president. Ronald Reagan had so much respect of the Oval Office that he wouldn't remove his suit jacket when in there. But Clinton had no problem removing his pants. Such a difference between those two men.

But back on topic, Clinton didn't think he was king of the United States the way Obama does. He understood the difference between a republic and a monarchy.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
OMG. How ridiculous is this? I can just IMAGINE what they would have done to Bush if he had been having a sexual relationship with an intern in the White House - or with anyone other than his wife, for that matter. If you could have found any impropriety on Bush's part, he would have been dragged through the mud over it.

What Republicans said they loved JFK? I think he was a jerk for being a serial adulterer. Of course, at the time people didn't know that was going on. If they had, I am guessing a lot of people's opinions of him would have changed.

Clinton WAS a sexual predator.

I don't think it's okay for anyone to cheat. If you are President of the United States, though, taking advantage of a young intern and IN THE OVAL OFFICE, shows total disrespect to our country and the office of the president. Ronald Reagan had so much respect of the Oval Office that he wouldn't remove his suit jacket when in there. But Clinton had no problem removing his pants. Such a difference between those two men.

But back on topic, Clinton didn't think he was king of the United States the way Obama does. He understood the difference between a republic and a monarchy.
Then that makes half the country sexual predators and a large portion of the Republican party including Gringrich, Hyde, Sanford, Livingston, etc. Oddly enough, Sanford won election again. It's funny how selective Republicans are with their morality.

No, we would not have made a legal inquiry into Bush cheating on his wife. We would have just called all the comedians.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:38 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,137,447 times
Quote:
What I hate about Obama is that instead of uniting the country, he has divided it. He doesn't act like the leader of our country - ALL the people in our country. He only wants to be the leader of the people who agree with him. He's always pitting Democrats against Republicans, black against white, poor against rich. He doesn't know how to lead.
I'm so tired of hearing this nonsense. Look, from the day he was elected, the GOP ratcheted up the "Us vs. Them" rhetoric. Calling Obama a foreigner and a Muslim. Accusing him of wanting to "Destroy America" Calling him and his supporters commies, un-American, leeches. The GOP went full tilt with their "Dependent Class" narrative. Basically calling half of the country dead-beats (And mind you, this was front and center as Romney's campaign strategy) This is class warfare (Something conservatives complain about but happily engage in)
The GOP are the ones accusing black people of being "On the plantation" and only voting for Obama because they wanted handouts.
The conservatives are the ones calling anyone who shows even marginal support for Obama "Obots" and referring to him as "Your messiah" or "Dear leader"
So please, spare me the BS that Obama is dividing our nation, when you and your ilk have been enthusiastically driving a wedge in America since the day he was elected.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:43 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,137,447 times
And before any of you accuse me of being an Obot, I find much about him to be critical of, but shake my head at the constant and irrational, foaming at the mouth invective directed at him and his family every day on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies