Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2014, 03:01 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It is reasonable and how most people feel about Obama, they realize he was a huge mistake.

Oh? Lets see how things stacked up -

Republicans
excessive spending (tripled the deficit)
trashed the economy with auto, housing, banking on the ropes
stock market in the 7900 range and falling
job losses at record levels
dependence on foreign oil increasing (did you know reagan removed the solar panels on the white house?)
started a war that destabilized the Middleast. and cost the lives of over 100,000 people, 4500 US soldiers, and for what? to increase Cheney's stocks.
Did nothing to capture bin Laden or to address 9/11

Obama
longest period of job increases in our history
saved auto industry, housing, banking
dropped gov spending to levels not seen since Eisenhower
stock market in the 17,000's
dependence on foreign oil dropped 10% and increasing
responsible for more renewable energy than any other president
reduced our investment in war
unemployment at 5.9% and falling
He has eliminated DADT
He made Bin Laden a priority and got him

Facts are simple our economy is far better off today than it was under the Republicans, to add insult to injury, the republican have done...NOTHING for the people of this country the last 5 years, no jobs bills, no unemployment extensions, nothing!

So the only mistake I see was made in 2000 and 2004. Oh wait, W wasn't legally elected so it wasn't our mistake.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:53 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
This is true, with one exception. The gap that has always existed has been widened by Obama and his administration over the last 6 years. He/they took a bad situation and made it worse.

There will never be any kind of unity that we can all live with until people stop talking about what divides them, first and foremost being race.
No, it wasn't widened or made worse by Obama. Some of you people use Obama as a blame target and act like EVERYTHING is his fault or made worse because of him. If a comet hit the Super Bowl, I'd bet you all would blame him for that, too.

I'm getting sick and goddamned tired of it. There are no "exceptions", there are no "worse situations". What has been still is, only in a different package.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,264,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No, it wasn't widened or made worse by Obama. Some of you people use Obama as a blame target and act like EVERYTHING is his fault or made worse because of him. If a comet hit the Super Bowl, I'd bet you all would blame him for that, too.

I'm getting sick and goddamned tired of it. There are no "exceptions", there are no "worse situations". What has been still is, only in a different package.
And I'm sick and tired of Obama blaming everyone but himself for all his failures (and they are many)>

Old 11-10-2014, 08:28 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
I'm so tired of hearing this nonsense. Look, from the day he was elected, the GOP ratcheted up the "Us vs. Them" rhetoric. Calling Obama a foreigner and a Muslim. Accusing him of wanting to "Destroy America" Calling him and his supporters commies, un-American, leeches. The GOP went full tilt with their "Dependent Class" narrative. Basically calling half of the country dead-beats (And mind you, this was front and center as Romney's campaign strategy) This is class warfare (Something conservatives complain about but happily engage in)
The GOP are the ones accusing black people of being "On the plantation" and only voting for Obama because they wanted handouts.
The conservatives are the ones calling anyone who shows even marginal support for Obama "Obots" and referring to him as "Your messiah" or "Dear leader"
So please, spare me the BS that Obama is dividing our nation, when you and your ilk have been enthusiastically driving a wedge in America since the day he was elected.
It started with Sarah Palin and the flag pin.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:56 PM

760 posts, read 769,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Plain and simple, Obama has lots of baggage.
But King Bush has the most dead body count- 5,000+ US troops and tens of thousands or more civilians in Iraq.
The repubs lost the presidential election, TWICE... to an educated, cultured black man!!!!!

That had to be a serious slap in the face like none other LOL!!!

Quote:
It started with Sarah Palin and the flag pin.
And then the "birthers" came out with their ridiculous insanity, I kept saying that if they really felt they had a case then file for IMPEACHMENT and none of them ever did and they've had 6 years now to do it, that says a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I didn't like Clinton's policies, but he didn't act like a dictator/king the way Obama does.
Well with an OBSTRUCTIONIST congress who when it was run by repubs king Bush rubber stamped every bill they sent to him- every one of them, but when it came time to work with Obama, oh all bets were off!! it was no, NO, NO!!! then the repubs went out on a recess and refused to return, remember that little game that lasted so long that Federal workers were laid off and public parks were shut down due to lack of staffing from no budget being passed?
There's a case where the PRESIDENT- you know, the commander in chief has to make a decision and overrule the childish games.
President Obama does not act like a "dictator" he acts like the President- the commander in chief, who , like a corporations' president has certain authorities granted to him to use, if you don't like those then lobby to get those loopholes or whatever closed so future presidents cant use them.

During the king Bush days I remember him snapping his fingers and going on about "where's my money.. for the "troops", if you don't approve my money "request" you don't support the TROOPS!" that's when the whole Bush regime rallied around "the troops" with the claim that if the Dems didn't cave in and approve everything they wanted, they didn't support the TROOPS.
They even threatened to get rid of the filibuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Then that makes half the country sexual predators and a large portion of the Republican party including Gringrich, Hyde, Sanford, Livingston, etc.
There was a great web site that listed all of the republican sex offenders and their stories- hundreds of names of members of congress, mayors, senators you name it! Everything from corruption and bribery to rape and pedophilia to name just a few!

It is archived permanently now here:

https://archive.org/details/ListOfRepublicanOffenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Yes, it's everyone else's fault and they're all racists.
Now it's all congress' fault and the president is an innocent victim. Oh, but during Bush it was the opposite situation. Yeah, that's it!
Yeah, king Bush continued sitting there reading "my pet goat" in a classroom for about ten minutes after being "informed" about the 9/11 attacks, some urgency there!
5,000 dead troops thanks to him!
2 unfunded wars we didn't need either, trillions of dollars thrown into a cesspool there, thanks Bush!
Oilman BUSH, bankrupted or ruined almost every company he worked for and almost did it to the USA, the housing market collapsed, Detroit car makers were ready to file for bankruptcy, major recession.

His solution to the economic crisis? a $300 "tax rebate" WOW!!! even people who paid no taxes just had to scream a bit and even they eventually got a "rebate" too, it all mostly went to Walmart and China since $300 isn't even half a weeks' wages for the average skilled worker, it's certainly not enough to make any difference, so it got used for things like bigscreen TVs and iPods.

Oh man I was so glad when we finally got rid of that jerk, even hearing his stupid voice on the radio sickened me, even today I can't stomach his redneck yammering but thankfully he has mostly faded away.

Last edited by Sculptor; 11-10-2014 at 10:20 PM..

Old 11-10-2014, 10:05 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
And before any of you accuse me of being an Obot, I find much about him to be critical of, but shake my head at the constant and irrational, foaming at the mouth invective directed at him and his family every day on this forum.
Did you feel the same way during Bush?

As to the other complaints you made, most of those were accusations from a small minority, not a large party platform.
Now, what about the "war on women" nonsense still being used as late as last week?

The Romney thing was made front and center by Mother Jones and leftist media, not him. He stated an election fact that was twisted into something not exactly the same.

Your outrage is very selective.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
The repubs lost the presidential election, TWICE... to an educated, cultured black man!!!!!
Are you quoting Biden again?

Old 11-10-2014, 10:25 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And I'm sick and tired of Obama blaming everyone but himself for all his failures (and they are many)>
Once again, bringing it all back to Obama, when someone isn't even making about Obama...

It's like a broken record and just as annoying.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:35 PM

760 posts, read 769,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Are you quoting Biden again?

No, I'm quoting myself and making an observational statement about President Obama- he has excellent public speaking skills, relaxed, informal, very enjoyable to listen to and his education shows through.
He is also black, and he won two presidential elections back to back, one of which was running against war "hero" "family values man" McShame who abandoned his first wife after her disfiguring car wreck, and his sidekick "Caribou Barbie" the FORMER governor of Alaska who suspiciously quit mid-term when there was an investigation into her shady travel finances and more.
I just think about what would have happened if the McShame/Barbie ticket had won, OMG!!! he would have already attacked and bombed Iran, starting WW lll over there and you know how just "fears" of oil shortages jacks the price up, just image the Strait of Hormuz shut down due to bombing Iran what the price of gas would have gone to and be now.

Thankfully the voting public realized he was a lunatic and Barbie was a quitter and ditched both of them.
They did the same to those other two crazy guys, the Mormon and what's his name... Ryan!
Anyone remember the remarks from their side of the camp about "legitimate" rape and how a woman's body will automatically terminate a pregnancy IF the rape was real!! There was even a cartoon on that one I saved, it was unreal what these guys come up with, and they LOST the election like McShame did before them.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
No, I'm quoting myself and making an observational statement about President Obama- he has excellent public speaking skills, relaxed, informal, very enjoyable to listen to and his education shows through.
He is also black, and he won two presidential elections back to back, one of which was running against war "hero" "family values man" McShame who abandoned his first wife after her disfiguring car wreck, and his sidekick "Caribou Barbie" the FORMER governor of Alaska who suspiciously quit mid-term when there was an investigation into her shady travel finances and more.
I just think about what would have happened if the McShame/Barbie ticket had won, OMG!!! he would have already attacked and bombed Iran, starting WW lll over there and you know how just "fears" of oil shortages jacks the price up, just image the Strait of Hormuz shut down due to bombing Iran what the price of gas would have gone to and be now.

Thankfully the voting public realized he was a lunatic and Barbie was a quitter and ditched both of them.
They did the same to those other two crazy guys, the Mormon and what's his name... Ryan!
Anyone remember the remarks from their side of the camp about "legitimate" rape and how a woman's body will automatically terminate a pregnancy IF the rape was real!! There was even a cartoon on that one I saved, it was unreal what these guys come up with, and they LOST the election like McShame did before them.
Um, okay, dude.
I don't know if you're a plant. No one could honestly think this is intelligent discourse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies