Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 03:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Who is going to show the "younger demographic" which buttons to push to make the machines run? You will have to invent a new and inferior model as none of you want to learn from your elders - you eschew any knowledge, experience and wisdom you may learn from the old and white generation going "to the great void".

Previous generations were far smarter than what you tout about yours here.

Have fun with that.
Aaand thank you for proving my point. We whippersnappers will just try to manage with all that scary technology you guys didn't invent.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default God, what nonsense

Since when did anyone who is not ignorant care what bigots believe about black people?

Conservatives are always screaming about how blacks are lazy underachivers, who shun education, shun their responsbilities as parents, make excuses, and seek handouts, and here the First Family is the opposite of all that, and they still try to attack them. It's absurd and pathetic.

The Obamas are magnificent people, supremely educated and intelligent, superior in every way. They shatter that bigoted notion that blacks are inferior, and THIS is what matters.

...and don't you forget it either.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:43 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
What I hate about Obama is that instead of uniting the country, he has divided it. He doesn't act like the leader of our country - ALL the people in our country. He only wants to be the leader of the people who agree with him. He's always pitting Democrats against Republicans, black against white, poor against rich. He doesn't know how to lead.

I word it as "he has yet to Preside".

Old 11-11-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I wonder why Obama hasn't appreciated the humor of seeing Republicans depict him as an African native with a bone in his nose, a chimpanzee, watermelons growing on the White House lawn, etc.

I would like to see the depictions...Links????

Old 11-11-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Since when did anyone who is not ignorant care what bigots believe about black people?

Conservatives are always screaming about how blacks are lazy underachivers, who shun education, shun their responsbilities as parents, make excuses, and seek handouts, and here the First Family is the opposite of all that, and they still try to attack them. It's absurd and pathetic.

The Obamas are magnificent people, supremely educated and intelligent, superior in every way. They shatter that bigoted notion that blacks are inferior, and THIS is what matters.

...and don't you forget it either.
But that's what irritates them the most. What kind of party actually has to keep sending out apologies when some member goes rogue and is revealed to have sent out cartoons of watermelons growing on the White House lawn? Or Republican judges that accidentally send out racist jokes and posts? Or Republican tabloids like the Boston Herald with the watermelon toothpaste? Every once in a while the mask falls off and you see the real face, then they quickly smash it back on and say "It's not about his color! By the way, I think he's Kenyan, Muslim, a terrorist and wants us to get Ebola!"

Old 11-11-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
No, Obama was no mistake at all, if he could run a third term I'd vote for him again as I have the last two times.
The man has had to battle blatant racism, a do-nothing GOP congress who has thrown temper tantrums and walked out and refused to return to session remember that little fiasco game they played that caused layoffs of Federal workers, parks etc?

creating a climate of hate and racism for years.

If you want to lay blame lay it on the do nothing fools in CONGRESS, congress is the one who holds all the cards not the president, the president can only sign or veto the bills the congress puts on his desk, and for the last 6 years congress has been completely, and utterly disfunctional, petty, and way overpaid.

Who is Obama facing blatant racism from? It is liberals who cry RACIST for as much as not liking his MOM pants. Really? You guys cry RACIST if someone mentions BENGHAZI.

The left has created the climate of hate and racism as they are those who scream it for no reason.

Are you naming all 535 member of congress as FOOLS? If you name any, name them all.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Not to mention the ones who voted for totally unviable "third party" candidates completely threw their votes away and by throwing their votes away that way they voted GOP by proxy.
Those who vote 3rd party are the most patriotic of us all as they are seeking to right the course the corrupt of the other two have steered the country toward.

Voting D or R doesn't necessarily mean one votes with their head; it is most likely a habit or the only way they know.

I would think the young to look into 3rd parties more so than their elders. Libertarians should very much appeal to them.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I actually think Obama will go down in history far differently than what the GOP depicts today. If the GOP kills health care coverage, then Obama will be the guy that tried and Republicans will own the result of taking it away. If ACA continues, Obama will be the guy that braved the ugliest of oppositions. In hindsight, historians will have documented the actual chain of events over the past six years. I'm too young to know what happened in the 60s so I never expected the GOP would go bat*&#% crazy. But now I know. Now I know what Hillary meant when she said he couldn't get elected. She understood just what it was like. I had no idea.

You should have started and ended with that.

Why? Because you don't know.
If you don't start paying attention you most likely never will.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I know what their "plan" is, it's the very one we've had for a long time, it goes something like this:

The grocery store here often has a coffee can on the counter with someone's picture and story on it about their heart attack, cancer, car accident, their kid who was killed or has leukemia- begging for patrons' quarters and dimes to be dropped in, see, this is the GOP method of providing "health care" to the public.

Here's how the "plan" works, in detail:

Your neighbors feel sorry for you after hearing the rumors, so they hold a bake sale, a garage sale and put a collection can out on the local supermarket's counter, after collecting a couple or three hundred bucks worth of dimes, quarters and dollar bills, they give it to you towards paying your $100,000 medical bill and to help you pay your mortgage, buy food, pay for utilities etc for the months you can't work and are laid up after surgery or cancer treatment.
If you really budget well, you could make that $200-$300 they raised for you to help pay your $100,000 hospital bill and living expenses while you recover- last for months just by buying a big 50# sack of rice, and having plain white rice 3 meals a day to make the money last longer.
The GOP "plan" these days is let the hospital absorb the costs by letting those with no insurance or money just go to the ER at $1000- $1500 a visit for minor colds, sore throats, their kid's sniffles or a toothache, then somehow the bill will just kinda be... paid... somehow... by some mystery, maybe god has a credit card he secretly gives the hospital to pay for it, I dunno!
That's why a major 150 year old Catholic hospital (St Vincents") in NYC went bankrupt and closed down- they were one billion dollars in debt! All the poor people from the city went there for treatment because they had no insurance or money, guess the hospital just wrote it off as long as they could untill they collapsed.
This is the GOP health plan, it works as long as the hospitals don't go bankrupt, I guess.
If this thread was based purely on conjecture you would win, hands down.

Old 11-11-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I would like to see the depictions...Links????
Newsletter's Obama illustration denounced - Los Angeles Times

Missouri Councilman Explains Racist Facebook Posts: 'I Was A Very Active Republican'

Federal judge admits he sent anti-Obama, racist e-mail

Republican Mayor Sends Hilarious Not-Racist White House ‘n Watermelon Joke | Wonkette

'Boston Herald' Cartoon About President Obama Uses Watermelon Stereotype

How many do you need?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies