Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 10:50 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Do you have a need for remedial reading assistance? They referred to Obama as "the kid". A guy that's greying and over 50.
Somebody could just tell him who the kid is, or everyone could just treat him like the government treats US. Like mushrooms. You know..........keep him in the dark and feed him (you know the rest).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 10:51 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
The kid? Isn't Obama 50 or more? How old are you people?
what makes you think 'the kid' refers to Obama?

I'm quite a bit younger than Obama, although I'm not sure why you want to know.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:53 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Somebody could just tell him who the kid is, or everyone could just treat him like the government treats US. Like mushrooms. You know..........keep him in the dark and feed him (you know the rest).
Forget it. This guy is too stupid to respond to or try to explain things to.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:54 AM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Do you have a need for remedial reading assistance? They referred to Obama as "the kid". A guy that's greying and over 50.
Evidently you are the one who needs remedial reading assistance.
No one referred to Obama as the kid. You assumed that was who we were talking about. There is another prolific poster who obsesses with senior citizens.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:54 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

I'm quite a bit younger than Obama, although I'm not sure why you want to know.
It was rhetorical. I don't care or want to know your particular age.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:55 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
And I will hate every old person receiving Medicare. And we need to KILL Medicare Part D. Old people who suck up benefits are ruining the country.
Old people who PAID for Medicare for decades? You must be one of the young leech/parasites who never paid a dime into the current system but still feel entitled to your obamacare subsidies paid for by someone else.

Liberal like you are all the same, hate filled, greedy, worthless, entitled moochers.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
And I will hate every old person receiving Medicare. And we need to KILL Medicare Part D. Old people who suck up benefits are ruining the country.
did someone forget to change your diapers this morning? except for part d, it was democrats that set up social security, and medicare, and democrats support it more than republicans do, and you are complaining about republicans? it was the republicans that have pushed for reform of both programs, and it was democrats that stopped those reforms. get an education before spouting hatred of republicans on this issue.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Evidently you are the one who needs remedial reading assistance.
No one referred to Obama as the kid. You assumed that was who we were talking about. There is another prolific poster who obsesses with senior citizens.
Then that poster was ahead of his/her time. It wasn't until this election that I started seeing the older generation for who they are. I sure do now. It's been an eye opener. I don't see any reason to contribute to the benefits of a generation of people so determined to hurt others as long as it doesn't hurt them. The greed and selfishness is stunning.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
did someone forget to change your diapers this morning? except for part d, it was democrats that set up social security, and medicare, and democrats support it more than republicans do, and you are complaining about republicans? it was the republicans that have pushed for reform of both programs, and it was democrats that stopped those reforms. get an education before spouting hatred of republicans on this issue.
Except for Part D. Except for Part D. See the problem here? Medicare Part D was a complete taxpayer charged giveaway to older voters. Older voters happily accepted it and never complained. But when it comes to younger voters receiving health care coverage? Older voters have called them every name in the book.

If the Republican Party really believes government should not be involved in health care coverage, why did they push Medicare Part D through? To buy the older vote. Plain and simple. A party that says "We believe X, oh, except for these guys that we're buying off" and that group happily sucks up those benefits, then votes to hurt everyone else so they cannot receive assistance, that is about as ugly and selfish as it gets.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Old people who PAID for Medicare for decades? You must be one of the young leech/parasites who never paid a dime into the current system but still feel entitled to your obamacare subsidies paid for by someone else.

Liberal like you are all the same, hate filled, greedy, worthless, entitled moochers.
Except you are completely wrong. I've paid the maximum for years and it keeps going up every single year. I have health care coverage that is not affected by this vote in the least. But I want health care coverage to be available to all. It's basically the opposite of older voters who only want benefits for themselves.

I'm more than happy to give up my Medicare and Medicare Part D if it means those that voted to hurt others, lose theirs as well.

Also, the initial Medicare recipients paid nothing and received all the benefits. And Medicare Part D was not paid for by anyone.

I am the opposite of greedy. I want it to be an even playing field. If one group should lose their benefits, then everyone should. It will not effect me either way.

Also, Medicare recipients received benefits initially without paying a penny. And Medicare Part D was not paid for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies