Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 02:33 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
So when will someone answer my question?

Anyone?

Crickets!
My opinion. President Obama is a spoiled brat and this is his giving the finger to the voters who spoke on election day. There is absolutely no difference in doing it now or after the end of the year. Just his way of saying scr-w you.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:39 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
How ironic. I mean...Barry Hussein...two-year-old...temper tantrum...

...I smell adulthood coming on...eventually.
That is the best Obama can do.. it is his way or the highway

Old 11-13-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I am politically agnostic, but pretty sick of the Republicans refusal to deal with any of the issues facing our nation. Instead, they just sit back and throw darts at the Democrats and threaten that they will disrupt any attempts to resolve some of these difficult issues.

My Congressman spends an inordinate amount of time bashing the AHCA, but yet, has never made a workable proposal which addresses the health care needs of all 300 Million people.

Likewise, we have a Republican frenzy over "sending the illegals back home"; or at a minimum threatening to disrupt any plan to deal with the millions of illegals in our country.

Send 'em home...okay...sure. But all you bible toting, apple pie and Chevrolet flag waving folks better be ready to step into the minimum wage jobs which these folks occupy. It would put millions of Americans to work...if they wish to work.....but you better be ready to enjoy cleaning hotel rooms, mowing lawns and doing day labor jobs.

There are no simple answers. Indeed the issues are quite complex. Any plan has to address thousands of special situations. It will always be easy, like with health care, to single out someone, somewhere, who doesn't fit neatly into any plan and becomes a poster child for the "negative" cause.

I encourage Obamas to develop a plan, and implement it. Or, alternatively, the Republicans are more than welcome to put together a comprehensive plan and make it work. Exporting five million, or whatever the number, is not an answer as it creates more problems than it solves. For example, what happens if we put five million unemployed into Mexico? You think we have a drug import problem now? Or health issues? Or forget about our trade balance with Mexico.

Like health care, any immigration solution must address a myriad of situations, will not fit everyone, but will require compromise from all constituencies.
Illegals in NJ are earning $15 to $20 an hour and more here. Some are earning $50 an hour for planting trees for the wealthy people.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:55 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The average working American was not "abandoned" during the Reagan years.

Average middle class household income increased during the Reagan years.
There you go again. No, it didn't....not in the big picture.

Fleet, my friend, you either slept through the 80s and haven't noticed the wholesale exportation of our economy or just can't put the kool-aid down. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:01 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
My opinion. President Obama is a spoiled brat and this is his giving the finger to the voters who spoke on election day. There is absolutely no difference in doing it now or after the end of the year. Just his way of saying scr-w you.
Thank you for answering. Its part of the truth. Still waiting for someone to tell me why it has to be done in the next 45 or so days

Old 11-13-2014, 03:06 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
This will create more unrmployed Millenials, most of whom voted for Obama.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:13 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Here we go yet again---sigh!

Back when ICE was allowed to do raids, Americans would line up to apply for those jobs, quite often the very same day. When Howard Industries in MS got raided, there was a long line of Americans waiting to put in an application. Some said they drove 40 miles just to put in an application.

If you would only open your eyes and pay attention to what goes on around you, you will see Americans cleaning hotel rooms and working back of the house restaurant jobs. There is a chain restaurant conglomerate that uses E-verify and has no problems filling its jobs.

As for day labor jobs---if we got rid of illegals, those annoying crowds that hang out at 7-11s and Home Depots would be a thing of the past. There are actually temp agencies that will place American citizens and legal immigrants in such jobs. Plus with illegals gone, Americans would get back into construction work. When we got flooded with illegals, many Americans in the construction business lost their livelihoods because they couldn't compete with sleazy contractors who hired illegals and paid under the table. Obama may talk of compassion and family unity, but he is carrying the water for corporate America.

If you think that all illegals get paid minimum wage or less, then get in touch with me. I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell to you.
Yep. Then those Americans will demand vacations, and health insurance, safe working conditions, lunch breaks and maternity leave. Immigration has always been about exploiting labor. Send me your me your tired, your poor...your huddled masses - willing to work for nothing under unsafe and intolerable conditions.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:16 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Yep. Then those Americans will demand vacations, and health insurance, safe working conditions, lunch breaks and maternity leave. Immigration has always been about exploiting labor. Send me your me your tired, your poor...your huddled masses - willing to work for nothing under unsafe and intolerable conditions.
Illegal aliens are the ones responsible for depressing wages and allowing employers to get away with unsafe working conditions. Sleazy employers know that illegals are a dime a dozen so when one quits, there are many more to take his/her place. In fact, illegals who get green cards move on to better jobs.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:16 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Unsurprising to see the same shills defending our lawless tyrant. We will survive King Obama, but I doubt we'll survive the lemmings who prop him up.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You got to be kidding.. Americans built this country and the illegals are getting all the perks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies