Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 10:31 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Friends now!
Sounds good to me!

Old 11-15-2014, 03:35 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The kkk isn't coming anywhere near Ferguson. They are smarter than that. If a mostly White area would feel threatened yes. But not a black city where they wouldn't be welcomed.
I agree it is probably just lip service, but I think it sends a message that most people are tired of the hood rats rioting, destroying and looting as an answer to their problems. If they were smart enough to realize riot or not, it will have no effect on the outcome of the grand jury's decision.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:39 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I find hate groups indefensible. Are you justifying their existence? How would you possibly know this unless you have personal knowledge??? Sorry, I'm confused as to why anyone would defend such a horrible organization.
I find the actions of the hood rats indefensible, how is the KKK any worse?

Old 11-15-2014, 04:18 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Well, if the out of town looters can make it to Ferguson Im sure KKK can. They are all equally brain dead.
maybe they can share rides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
The original targets of the Ku Klux Klan were Republicans, both black and white.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 whites died at the end of KKK ropes from 1882 to 1964.
Yes,that is partially true..Repubs,criminals,wife beaters,deadbeats,blacks..

They started in 1865..I have an old book from this county that was published in 1879 and the writer just basically lists the settlements/towns locally,lists major news stories,killings and why the person was killed,outcome of the trial and fatal accidents and how they came about..iirc he goes back to the mid 1850's and there were dozens upon dozens killed in that time period for being Republican..keeping it in context though,republicans of that era were against slavery,for the freedmen etc etc.

That was round one,the second round in this area was the 20s through the 70s (I know wiki says the second round ended in the 40s,but that's BS) and they were just against blacks only..didn't dress up,burn crosses or make a big public showing in the latter years,but very strong here..there were official Sundown Towns til the late 80's here(the three little towns I live closest to all had "No "N" after dark" on signs when I was a kid and the closest one to me actually had it painted in HUGE block letters up until the late 90's until a local paper kept running stories on it and a town north of us who also had a sign like that and the townboard insisted it be painted over.

Now there is a Klavern around here that is totally different,extreme rightwing and more on the order of the skinhead type..Nazi/death metal/retard types from what I see of them and not taken seriously at all..that first two incarnations of them were thoroughly dangerous for many reasons,this latter bunch probably hurt themselves WAY more than they bother anyone else....the second and third generation (20s-70s and current) I can give you first hand accounts on from seeing it with my own eyes,but those "republican killers" ,all I know is what I read in that one book and know zero about them other than that...unless there is free beer,mud truck racing or a demo derby held the same night in Ferguson as the riots start back up,chances are slim that the Klan will show up there

Old 11-15-2014, 10:33 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
The original KKK isn't what you'd expect. They equally lynched any offenders of society as about 25% were white. Not far off from today's racial crime statistic. I have no idea what purpose the KKK would serve today, but they have as much right using lethal force protecting their person or property as the next citizen.
The KKK was formed by former members of the CSA who couldn't come to grips with the fact they lost the Civil War and who wanted to take the South back to the way it was before Fort Sumpter! They hated the Yankee carpet baggers more than the freedmen and initially targeted them ! Once Reconstruction had past and they (Southern Whites) got the upper hand in the former Confederacy the Klan declined until the early 20th Century (since it was not needed).

Old 11-15-2014, 11:10 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
I find hate groups indefensible. Are you justifying their existence? How would you possibly know this unless you have personal knowledge??? Sorry, I'm confused as to why anyone would defend such a horrible organization.
I don't think anyone supports the KKK, I know I certainly don't. However, myself and many others are so tired and disgusted with all of black entitlement and looting and riotings, the thought of them getting their comeuppance it quite refreshing.
I don't wish harm on the majority of black people, most are good people, but there are far too many who deserve exactly what they are aiming for.. Live by the sword, die by the sword..
I certainly don't miss the gently giant, Mr Brown, and I won't miss all the thugs who riot in his name.. Mr Brown is in a better, safer place, and I have high hope many of his ilk will join him or the other side of the turf..
Blow em up, let God sort it all out...
Now you are no longer confused..

Old 11-15-2014, 11:18 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Oh nice...the infamous terrorists of the U.S. want to get involved with Ferguson and are actually calling other people terrorists?

I have better idea. Send them the KKK to fight ISIS.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:27 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
The media is, as usual, lying and misrepresenting the nature of this "threat" to make it seem like innocent protesters will be targeted. That's completely false. Everyone knows a violent, unlawful protest is a possibility. The KKK "threatened" to use legally justifiable force if need be. The flier can be found here:

https://news.vice.com/article/kkk-mi...h-lethal-force

Old 11-15-2014, 11:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Oh well.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:09 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Yes,you are a tad bit confused..having personal knowledge still doesnt equal defending their ideologies..I have known many Klansmen in the past and have quite a bit of first hand,eyewitness knowledge of them,but I do not defend them nor their actions..they are a "hate for no reason" group and I hate that style of person myself..currently they are more of an "alligator mouth/jaybird ass" type group than anything else though I am sure there are some truly mean or truly stupid ones(stupid is much more dangerous than mean btw) left in among the packs,but most of it is BS now.

So see,knowledge of does not equal defense of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies