Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Aprove of Obama ?
Yes 67 29.91%
NO 148 66.07%
Nither. 9 4.02%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 11:59 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My good friend has lupus among other health issues. One of her daughters has Scleroderma and lupus, her other daughter has rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. They were denied insurance because of pre existing issues. They are now covered under obamacare. There are very few doctors that deal with Scleroderma so they had to travel to another state for care
I've worked hard all my life, paid my way including my insurance, used my brain and saved a nice padding for emergencies, always thinking to pay my own way and now I get screwed, losing my insurance that I liked and now have to pay more with less coverage and double the deductible. The president lied to me. Damn.. what's wrong with me, I shouldn't be mad, how dare I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 12:07 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,347,737 times
Quote:
My good friend has lupus among other health issues. One of her daughters has Scleroderma and lupus, her other daughter has rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. They were denied insurance because of pre existing issues. They are now covered under obamacare. There are very few doctors that deal with Scleroderma so they had to travel to another state for care
In the case you cited, uniform Federal guidelines (as opposed to creation of another layer of bureaucracy. which has no incentive to economize -- only to find additional "cientele") -- can be provided.

But those of us who live in smaller communities are often directly familiar with people who found their way to public-sector support rather than an honest job, often after repeatedly being turned away by local agencies more familiar with the individuals in question.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-22-2014 at 12:24 AM..

Old 11-22-2014, 12:08 AM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've worked hard all my life, paid my way including my insurance, used my brain and saved a nice padding for emergencies, always thinking to pay my own way and now I get screwed, losing my insurance that I liked and now have to pay more with less coverage and double the deductible. The president lied to me. Damn.. what's wrong with me, I shouldn't be mad, how dare I.
Ok this is the real problem, you lost your insurance. I don't blame you for being mad. I would be mad as hell too. But my friends and their family finally get insurance which they were always denied.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:11 AM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
In the case you cited, uniform Federal guidelines (as opposed to creation of another layer of bureaucracy. which has no incentive to economize -- only to find additional "cientele") -- can be provided.

But those of us who live in smaller communities are often directly familiar with people who found their way to public-sector support rather than an honest job, often after repeatedly being urned away by local agencies more familiar with the individuals in question.
I didn't site anything

Old 11-22-2014, 12:23 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,347,737 times
Quote:
Ok this is the real problem, you lost your insurance. I don't blame you for being mad. I would be mad as hell too. But my friends and their family finally get insurance which they were always denied.
So you're just clebrating your friends' good fortune at the expense of everyone else; this is just another worn-out interpetation of the old Socalist credo that The End Justifies the Means.

Perhaps you also believe that at some exclusive country club, a gang of "idle rich" are hiding out with a pile of money stolen from "da people"??

And as aside, I doubt that the people you mentioned were "denied" care; they were more than likely steered toward the "second tier" of the safety net which is Medicaid. Your "solution", like all egaliatrian jealousy, would merely hold everyone to an equal, but equally poor standard -- one which would continue to grow and stagnate because a "little" bureauracy is like a "little" pregancy -- or a "little" malignancy.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-22-2014 at 01:02 AM..

Old 11-22-2014, 01:44 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,829,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataWarehouse View Post
Unlike Bush with WMDs or unlike Clinton with I did not have sex with that woman ?
There's a difference between lying about WMD and thinking there were WMD. Also, many prominent Democrats also said there were WMD: If The Bush Administration Lied About WMD, So Did These People — Version 3.0 | John Hawkins' Right Wing News

Old 11-22-2014, 02:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Quote:
Didn't Obama say insurance premiums would be less? oh he lied about that too... my insurance cost almost 40% more, my deductible double. but hey, it's ok to screw 5% as you Democrats like to use as your excuse.

Yea, I'm p*ssed. Because he lied to get it passed, because Democrats didn't even read the damn bill, because it was shoved through before being debated, because I'm tired of being screwed because of the poor who won't do anything to help themselves except expect other people to pay their way.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:27 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,285,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataWarehouse View Post
Thinking of every US president you have lived though and in contrast to those.
Better than George W.

Tied w most others.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:50 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,603,323 times
Quote:
The ones who like obamacare are the ones who were denied insurance because of pre-existing conditions. So you friend got lucky.

Now, in order for your friend to get lucky - about 10 other people got UN-LUCKY. Not only did their insurance go up to pay for your friend, (you know some taxpayer is going to have to pay for your friend's insurance there) so now obamacare cost (premiums) are going up too.

Probably your friend will eventually lose her insurance because the government will be sucking the tax payers dry.

Dont worry, if obama gets his way, most of America wont be the same as you know it today.

The more I think about this, the more I believe that The Planet of the Apes may truly happen one day. I know its science fiction, but if you take that movie and study the general plot of that movie, it may well happen in some form or another. Or maybe the movie Soylent Green… 1984. all those movies have a seed of truth in them.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:32 AM

20,073 posts, read 20,883,901 times
This guy sucks. He has done so much damage to this country, the full extent of which may not be known for years. And I was not happy with Little Bush but Bama makes Bush look like a Saint. I just can't believe what this guy has done and continues to do. The sick part is he keeps getting away with it. Hopefully we'll get someone with at least half a brain in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies