Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 11:42 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,811,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
Haha, christians trampling on the first amendment... very patriotic.
My own opinion, based upon my own study of history, is that Islam is NOT a religion but rather a tool of war. As such Islam is not entitled to 1st amendment protection. JMHO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 11:47 PM

47,070 posts, read 26,182,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
A generic suburb a few miles outside of 285 made a decision on something inconsequential.

Why is this newsworthy?
I, for one, find it interesting when people tested on the courage of their convictions. As we'd say in my old country, freedom means freedom for Loki as well as for Thor.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:47 PM

595 posts, read 369,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
My own opinion, based upon my own study of history, is that Islam is NOT a religion but rather a tool of war. As such Islam is not entitled to 1st amendment protection. JMHO
Couldn't the same be said about every religion. How is it legal to discriminate against a religion because someone does not like what some of its followers are doing elsewhere. That would be like a city not letting Christians build a church in their city because some of that sects followers in another country were doing bad things.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:58 PM

5,176 posts, read 4,811,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Couldn't the same be said about every religion. How is it legal to discriminate against a religion because someone does not like what some of its followers are doing elsewhere. That would be like a city not letting Christians build a church in their city because some of that sects followers in another country were doing bad things.
What I am saying is that when you look at the founders of major religions. Jesus, Mohammed, Mithra, Zoroaster Buddha, Confucius . only one of them led armies and conquered nations and ruled nations.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:03 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,418,424 times
Kennesaw has someone on staff who is a PR genius. A small town of 30,000 that probably better know than cities of 300,000.

Old 12-07-2014, 12:09 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,418,424 times
Quote:
What I am saying is that when you look at the founders of major religions. Jesus, Mohammed, Mithra, Zoroaster Buddha, Confucius . only one of them led armies and conquered nations and ruled nations.
Agreed--Islam is as much a political as a religious ideation. And it is inimical to the US Constitution and to liberty. But we don't ban ideas in this country, whether communism or Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton
“Let her and Falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the worse in a free and open encounter?â€

Old 12-07-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Religion has been spread through trade and conflict, Islam has been no different than Christianity in that matter. While Jesus may not have been a military leader, plenty of people took up arms and killed others in his name, much like followers of Islam have done for Allah or Mohammed.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:06 AM

4,496 posts, read 3,853,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Religion has been spread through trade and conflict, Islam has been no different than Christianity in that matter. While Jesus may not have been a military leader, plenty of people took up arms and killed others in his name, much like followers of Islam have done for Allah or Mohammed.
LOL its like the liberals have forgotten about September 11th and how the Muslim terrorists killed thousands of innocent people. I know not all Muslims are terrorists or bad people, but its like night and day with Islam and Christianity. I invite any liberal who thinks Islam and Christianity are on the same level as far as violence goes to spend a few days with members of ISIS or Al Quada.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
LOL its like the liberals have forgotten about September 11th and how the Muslim terrorists killed thousands of innocent people. I know not all Muslims are terrorists or bad people, but its like night and day with Islam and Christianity. I invite any liberal who thinks Islam and Christianity are on the same level as far as violence goes to spend a few days with members of ISIS or Al Quada.
If you look into what motivated OBL and company to attack the U.S., much of their motivation comes from people who oppose U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East (Support for dictators, intervening in conflicts that are not the business of the U.S., and U.S. foreign policy towards Israel). While religion may have been a unifying factor, it was not what motivated OBL to attack the U.S.

Are you assuming I'm liberal? If so you are mistaken. My point was religion has been spread through trade, conflict, and empires for centuries and that both Islam and Christianity have spread this way.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:35 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,511,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
.. and I invite you to spend a few days with members of the KKK, a skinhead gang, the Westboro church, and the Ugandan government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies